Hangover 2

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    dcfaithful wrote:
    fuck bradley cooper... not funny... he radiates douchiness
    Thank. You.

I have had this same interpretation for some time now.

100%. he was totally playing himself in the wedding crashers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYF6KqUa7HYLY1Yy3edlS7BXSfpv6g7kaBnvPJ9hwxHYYFewnQiQ&t=1
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    I guess you guys haven't seen 'Wet Hot American Summer'. Everything about that movie is hilarious.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    norm wrote:

would've been nice to see them try something just a little different. that looks like the same movie in a different country.

i'll still see it though. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:

would've been nice to see them try something just a little different. that looks like the same movie in a different country.

eh who cares..its funny as shit

question ??? does anyone know who sings the song in the trailer when they wake up?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,366
    Got my tix for tonights show, anyone else seeing this this weekend?
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    norm wrote:

I have two friends that saw it. They both said it was pretty much the same thing as part 1, just different setting. Sounds like hollywood producers just trying to cash in to me. Wasnt that awfully short time between part 1 and 2?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    question ??? does anyone know who sings the song in the trailer when they wake up?

Light of the Morning by Band of Skulls from the album Baby, Darling, Doll Face, Honey....Fantastic I might add.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    Will probably see it either tomorrow night or sometime Saturday. Looking forward to it :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Got my tix for tonights show, anyone else seeing this this weekend?

Already have tickets to go see it tomorrow night. Can't wait...
  • rival. wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    fuck bradley cooper... not funny... he radiates douchiness
    Thank. You.

I have had this same interpretation for some time now.

100%. he was totally playing himself in the wedding crashers.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYF6KqUa7HYLY1Yy3edlS7BXSfpv6g7kaBnvPJ9hwxHYYFewnQiQ&t=1

Absolutely.

My friends and I can't decide whether he's hot or not. For a brief moment, we'll think he's good looking, but he has this air of douchiness that we just can't get past.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I'm a big fan of awkward humor, i.e. Curb Your Enthusiasm or 40 Year Old Virgin, so am I the only one that laughed my ass off at the wolfpack speech and best friends song by Zach G? That dude was the main reason I loved that movie.
  • so.....reviews? I LOVED the first one........I've heard this one is shit.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,366
    I thought it was hilarious. Although Alan (Zach) is not quite as good in this one. Poor Stu, thats all I can say.....you really need to enjoy toliet humor to enjoy this film. I give it 3 out of 4 stars.
  • definetly worth the 10 bucks. the movie is set up the same way as the first but it goes even further humor wise in my opinion. Just hilarious. Go see it now
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    Saw it after work (there's a theater right in the same shopping center where i work ;) ), 5:20 show. I thought it was just as funny/good as the first one. I really laughed out loud 2-3 times and a few smaller laughs throughout the movie.

Few tidbits: Poster of the Macho Man in Alan's room in the beginning. Also the girl who played Lauren, Stu's fiance, was in MTV's Real World (San Diego).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    this movie is horrendous.

if you choose to see it lower your expectations even further. it is the same exact movie only in thailand. literally. there are some funny moments, sure. but if you've seen the first movie, you know exactly what is going to happen.

sequels usually suck so i figured this would not be good going in. but i thought they would get a little creative and change the plot a little bit. nope. same exact thing.

my suggestion is to just watch the first one again and save your money.
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Going to take the whole household to go see it tonight at the drive-in. For some reason I can't remember the first one so I have no expectations, I hope it's good just in case i'll bring the frisbee and the football to stay awake.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Going to take the whole household to go see it tonight at the drive-in. For some reason I can't remember the first one so I have no expectations, I hope it's good just in case i'll bring the frisbee and the football to stay awake.

Peace

what did you think?

i've come to the realization that it's not a sequel. it's simply a remake of the first one.

then again if you can't remember the first one you might enjoy this one though.
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    g under p wrote:

Peace

what did you think?

i've come to the realization that it's not a sequel. it's simply a remake of the first one.

then again if you can't remember the first one you might enjoy this one though.

Well we all packed up for the drive in, cooler, the kids, chairs, toys etc and that was the best part about this movie experience. The movie gave me just a few laughs and for the most part this movie was lame and needed to be watched at home if at all.

However, drive-ins are so much more fun and way cheaper....4 kids 3 designated as adults, fiance and I all for $30...I do think they made a mistake somewhere but I'll take it.

Madea *Family Values* movie was 10 x's more funny than this Hanover and Madea which even brought out an emotional side from both of us. One thing I can say for Hang II is that they present some great highlights to bring one to go see it but only to get dissappointed. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    Funny yes

Original no

Usually sequels don't reinvent the wheel, there are so many moments you feel you are watching the 1st one
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :shock:

The sequel is expected to gross another $20 million on Monday for a staggering five-day bow of $138.1 million, setting a new benchmark for comedies.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/h ... edy-192954
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    norm wrote:

The sequel is expected to gross another $20 million on Monday for a staggering five-day bow of $138.1 million, setting a new benchmark for comedies.

I might just go and see this tonight.....

Seen both good/bad reviews....

Thought the 1st one was just fucking hysterical....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

I might just go and see this tonight.....

Seen both good/bad reviews....

Thought the 1st one was just fucking hysterical....

i love the original...but judging from the reviews the second is pretty much the same...i'm thinking i can wait for it on video
  • spencer958spencer958 Posts: 279
    Just saw it today. Very funny! I thought it was on par with the first. I've heard others say that it's the same as the first, it's not. It follows the same formula as number #1. People make it sound as if it exactly the same.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,130
    Terrible compared to the first one.

The previews and trailers that were everywhere completely ruined the movie, nothing was a surprise at all.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I will not be seeing this unless forced to. I didn't find the first one funny at all. I thought it tried too hard to be funny.

I guess it's all just different senses of humor, to each their own. I thought Step Brothers was hilarious, and I'm praying they make an Arrested Development movie.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    this movie is horrendous.

if you choose to see it lower your expectations even further. it is the same exact movie only in thailand. literally. there are some funny moments, sure. but if you've seen the first movie, you know exactly what is going to happen.

sequels usually suck so i figured this would not be good going in. but i thought they would get a little creative and change the plot a little bit. nope. same exact thing.

my suggestion is to just watch the first one again and save your money.
    +1

Sorely dissapointing...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    I thought it was as funny as rug burn. Actually rug burn might just be funnier.