Hangover 2

Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
So the cast and crew has a problem with working with Mel Gibson because of what happened. My question is did they have a problem working with a rapist when they worked with Mike Tyson?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/oct ... hangover-2
96 Randall's Island II
98 CAA
00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
09 Phillie III
10 MSG II
13 Wrigley Field
16 Phillie II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Woody Allen and Roman P never have a problem getting actors to work with them?
    Granted Mels an anal wart....... Still find it funny
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    So the cast and crew has a problem with working with Mel Gibson because of what happened. My question is did they have a problem working with a rapist when they worked with Mike Tyson?

Seems like an over reaction from the cast and crew but it is pretty fresh in the news where maybe the Tyson thing had time to cool down. Him being viewed anti semitic is a personal insult to many, not the same as very bad guy who roughed up and forced himself on his X.
  • So the cast and crew has a problem with working with Mel Gibson because of what happened. My question is did they have a problem working with a rapist when they worked with Mike Tyson?

Yeah, good point. I would think that raping someone is worse than calling someone bad names. :?
    but yeah, its probably just because it is current.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47162

Earlier this week we learned that Mel Gibson was set to make an appearance in Todd Phillips' forthcoming sequel to THE HANGOVER.

This...didn't go over so well.

When I first heard about the decision to include Gibson in the movie, I knew it was certain to ruffle some feathers - but I was surprised by the overall negativity and intensity of reaction to the news. For example, we received a number of e-mails from readers saying that Gibson's appearance had soiled their perception of all Todd Phillips movies, and they weren't sure they would ever see another one of his pictures again. Pretty strong sentiments. And...in in the entire time I've been covering the entertainment biz on The Net (over a decade)...I don't recall such loud and precise ire ever having been vented towards casting of this type.

Now it looks like Gibson won't be in the film due to negative reactions about his appearance. Todd Phillips has issued a statement saying that "I realize filmmaking is a collaborative effort, and this decision ultimately did not have the full support of my entire cast and crew."

So there you have it. This decision is certain to re-open debates about where, exactly, the threshold lies in matters such as these. I.e. why do some celebrity missteps afford second and third chances, while other stars are quickly consumed by fiery and inescapable backlashes. I don't pretend to have these answers (although I have a few hunches I'm not comfortable sharing herein), but I think these are fascinating questions to ask all the same.

--- Follow Merrick on Twitter! ---
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247

good point, yes that is bullshit....but I am sure the cast and crew were a little more scared of mike than mel though....
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    maybe they can get Tiger Woods now
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • The Hangover sucked in my opinion, so I'm not holding my breath for the sequel.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • The Hangover sucked in my opinion, so I'm not holding my breath for the sequel.

Sucked????? Oh man, I can't get enough of that movie!

Okay, maybe sucked is the wrong word, but in the pantheon of 21st century stupid buddy comedies, it ranks near the bottom for me.

Old School
    Anchorman
    40yr old virgin
    Talledega Nights
    Wedding Crashers
    Superbad
    Knocked Up
    Walk Hard Dewey Cox
    Step Brothers
    Pineapple Express
    Starsky & Hutch
    The Hangover
    The Other Guys
    Get Him to the Greek
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Hangover sucked in my opinion, so I'm not holding my breath for the sequel.

Okay, maybe sucked is the wrong word, but in the pantheon of 21st century stupid buddy comedies, it ranks near the bottom for me.

Old School
    Anchorman
    40yr old virgin
    Talledega Nights
    Wedding Crashers
    Superbad
    Knocked Up
    Walk Hard Dewey Cox
    Step Brothers
    Pineapple Express
    Starsky & Hutch
    The Hangover
    The Other Guys
    Get Him to the Greek

you have step brothers ranked way to high.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • No I don't.
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    step brothers is sooooooooo funny,
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280

Old School
    Anchorman
    40yr old virgin
    Talledega Nights
    Wedding Crashers
    Superbad
    Knocked Up
    Walk Hard Dewey Cox
    Step Brothers
    Pineapple Express
    Starsky & Hutch
    The Hangover
    The Other Guys
    Get Him to the Greek
    IMO, The Hangover was better than most of those.
    Talledega Nights, Dewey Cox, Step Brothers, Starsky & Hutch, The Other Guys, Pineapple Express... all don't even come close to The Hangover.
    In fact, I think most of those I just listed were pretty bad.
    No I don't.

yes you do. it's an all time bottom 5% of comedies. it was bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    81 wrote:
    No I don't.

I just realized you are right. it's an all time top 5% of comedies. it was amazing.

FIXED
  • 81 wrote:
    No I don't.

Well that's just like, your opinion, man. To me, it's the Citizen Kane or The Godfather of 21st century stupid buddy flicks.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i finally saw Get him to the Greek, that was fuckin great.
    UpSideDown wrote:
    81 wrote:
    No I don't.

I just realized you are right. it's an all time top 5% of comedies. it was amazing.

FIXED

i believe you have that upsidedown
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    No I don't.

Well that's just like, your opinion, man. To me, it's the Citizen Kane or The Godfather of 21st century stupid buddy flicks.

we'll agree to disagree on this movie...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,506
    hollywood hypopcrisy at its finest.
    www.myspace.com

rumor has it, hollywood is fradulent.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • yall couldnt have looked at fenway's avatar and figured out he was quite the stepbrothers fan? While I agree stepbros is pretty funny, I have to agree with most of the others, Fenway. The Hangover is quite hilarious. The movies that I do agree are better are: Old School & Anchorman. Superbad & Wedding Crashers are close. And these may not necessarily be "buddy" movies but I think Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I Love you Man were classics as well.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    when i think of good commedies, i think of blues brothers. that's comedy at it's finest

airplane
    naked gun
    slap shot

so many of the movies listed above are just cheap thrown together turds
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

rumor has it, hollywood is fradulent.

if mel was a bleeding heart liberal with a similiar checkered off screen history, there would not be any problem what so ever. hollywood is filled, almost to capacity, with those kinds of people.
    www.myspace.com
    yall couldnt have looked at fenway's avatar and figured out he was quite the stepbrothers fan? While I agree stepbros is pretty funny, I have to agree with most of the others, Fenway. The Hangover is quite hilarious. The movies that I do agree are better are: Old School & Anchorman. Superbad & Wedding Crashers are close. And these may not necessarily be "buddy" movies but I think Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I Love you Man were classics as well.

anchorman is the greatest movie ever filmed.
    www.myspace.com
  • 81 wrote:
    when i think of good commedies, i think of blues brothers. that's comedy at it's finest

airplane
    naked gun
    slap shot

so many of the movies listed above are just cheap thrown together turds
    Correct. But those were 80s and 90s stupid buddy comedies. I'm talking since the turn of the century.
    they still kick the shit out of most of the modern comedies.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    they still kick the shit out of most of the modern comedies.
    The movies you named above (Im adding Caddyshack and the Hot Shots movies as well) revolutionized the slapstick comedy genre. It was just one hacky bit after another with those films. I agree with you they are all better than the movies I listed from the last 10 years. Movies like Superbad and Old School are merely standing on the shoulders of giants.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,665
    Does anyone else think that a sequel to the Hangover is just a bad idea?
    They caught lightning ina bottle, now they're gonna milk it for more money and the sequel will suck.
    Probably a good career move for Mel to not be in it, that Beaver will probably be funnier if it sees the light of day.
    alg_mel_gibson_beaver.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland