Texas Rangers.....

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:

i suspect that if the Twins were to play the Cubs in the WS, 90% of the Sox fans would root for the Twins.

which is crazy imo

rooting for a division rival makes zero sense

Again easy for a Yankee fan to say when they have 27 championships... We hate you more than the Phillies.
    I didn't per se root for the Phillies but the outcome of Philly winning would have been easier to handle.

that is too crazy for me to understand..the phillies who out and out abuse your team and you the fans????????

cmon bro how can you say that?

i could never imagine rooting for the red sox..its absurd to even think of it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

Again easy for a Yankee fan to say when they have 27 championships... We hate you more than the Phillies.
    I didn't per se root for the Phillies but the outcome of Philly winning would have been easier to handle.

that is too crazy for me to understand..the phillies who out and out abuse your team and you the fans????????

i could never imagine rooting for the red sox..its absurd to even think of it[/quote]
    If the Phillies get to 10 championships, I will hate them equally. Remember until the past few years, we really did not have a rivalry with them. They either sucked as much or more than we did.
    GoiMTvP.gif

i could never imagine rooting for the red sox..its absurd to even think of it
    If the Phillies get to 10 championships, I will hate them equally. Remember until the past few years, we really did not have a rivalry with them. They either sucked as much or more than we did.[/quote]

eh whatever you say dude

and you wonder why they are laughinstock's
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Um, go Rangers?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    Um, go Rangers?

Yeah, this thread got seriously hijacked. Who gives a shit if Metsfan roots for Phillies or Yankees? I always root against the Phila A's, of course. Oh wait... (actually I have a Phila A's hat & jersey - great look)

Teams coming back from 3-1 in the LCS is very common, so nobody should be sucking each other's popsicles just yet.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Flagg wrote:
    Um, go Rangers?

Yeah, this thread got seriously hijacked. Who gives a shit if Metsfan roots for Phillies or Yankees? I always root against the Phila A's, of course. Oh wait... (actually I have a Phila A's hat & jersey - great look)

Teams coming back from 3-1 in the LCS is very common, so nobody should be sucking each other's popsicles just yet.
    The history of this event does not smile upon the Yankees at this juncture. In the best-of-seven LCS era, the team that has gone up, 3-1 has won the series 42 of 48 times. The six teams that successfully came back from a 3-1 deficit were the 2007 Red Sox, the 2004 Red Sox, the 2003 Marlins, the 1996 Braves, the 1986 Red Sox and the 1985 Royals. That's an historic 12.5% chance. Not so common...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Flagg wrote:
    Um, go Rangers?

The history of this event does not smile upon the Yankees at this juncture. In the best-of-seven LCS era, the team that has gone up, 3-1 has won the series 42 of 48 times. The six teams that successfully came back from a 3-1 deficit were the 2007 Red Sox, the 2004 Red Sox, the 2003 Marlins, the 1996 Braves, the 1986 Red Sox and the 1985 Royals. That's an historic 12.5% chance. Not so common...
    And the 2010 Yankees are certainly not the 07, 04 or 86 Red Sox. I can assure you of that. How did 04 end up turning out? I blacked out.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

And the 2010 Yankees are certainly not the 07, 04 or 86 Red Sox. I can assure you of that. How did 04 end up turning out? I blacked out.

living in the past bud
  • The history of this event does not smile upon the Yankees at this juncture. In the best-of-seven LCS era, the team that has gone up, 3-1 has won the series 42 of 48 times. The six teams that successfully came back from a 3-1 deficit were the 2007 Red Sox, the 2004 Red Sox, the 2003 Marlins, the 1996 Braves, the 1986 Red Sox and the 1985 Royals. That's an historic 12.5% chance. Not so common...

Ironically, given a 50% chance of winning each game, a team statistically has a 12.5% (1/8) chance of coming back from 3-1.
    living in the past bud

That's a good one. Who lives in the past more than Yankees fans? :lol: :P
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Ironically, given a 50% chance of winning each game, a team statistically has a 12.5% (1/8) chance of coming back from 3-1.
    living in the past bud

That's a good one. Who lives in the past more than Yankees fans? :lol: :P

the red sox

2 in 100 years will do that to you
    although philly will be talking bout these few years till the end of the world
    Well, like I said earlier, this is all new for us. And I certainly don't take the Yankees lightly.

You should see everyone freaking out around here. They have sold 30,000 of those claw and antler shirts and can't keep them in stock.

It is like we have been conditioned to expect the Cowboys to win titles and anything less is a fail. At the same time we have been conditioned to expect the Rangers to suck or tease us then implode and be nothing more than something to fill the time between the Super Bowl and training camp.

No one knows what to do!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Newch91 wrote:
    They'd probably say you're lying and that he's always been closing.
    which is exactly why i hate the yankees cause of all these bandwagon fans that only became yankee fans cause they won. they'd think i was crazy if i told them yankee stadium was a ghost town in the 80's and early 90's.

again you were rooting for a division rival...

mind you they have more ws rings than the mets ...and they are an expansion team from the 90's :lol:
    and again i loooooooooathe the yankees. can you not get through your head. surely you really aren't stupid. just cause the yankees play in new york doesn't mean i have to root for them. just like i don't root for the giants in the playoffs. just like i would never ever in my wildest dreams ever root for the ny rangers to win the stanley cup. it only be cause i'd want my grandpa to see his favorite team win the cup one last time.

i'll ask you this question again and i want an answer. would you ever root for the islanders in the stanley cup finals being that they are the rangers arch rival and all.

btw- the marlins have won 2 world championships same as the phillies and mets do. i suggest you know your facts before making a point :lol::lol::lol: .
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    They'd probably say you're lying and that he's always been closing.
    which is exactly why i hate the yankees cause of all these bandwagon fans that only became yankee fans cause they won. they'd think i was crazy if i told them yankee stadium was a ghost town in the 80's and early 90's.

again you were rooting for a division rival...

mind you they have more ws rings than the mets ...and they are an expansion team from the 90's :lol:
    and again i loooooooooathe the yankees. can you not get through your head. surely you really aren't stupid. just cause the yankees play in new york doesn't mean i have to root for them. just like i don't root for the giants in the playoffs. just like i would never ever in my wildest dreams ever root for the ny rangers to win the stanley cup. it only be cause i'd want my grandpa to see his favorite team win the cup one last time.

i'll ask you this question again and i want an answer. would you ever root for the islanders in the stanley cup finals being that they are the rangers arch rival and all.

btw- the marlins have won 2 world championships same as the phillies and mets do. i suggest you know your facts before making a point :lol::lol::lol: .
    His response will be that they are in the same division so it's not the same as the Mets/Yankees or Giants/Jets...
    NY has two teams and it's not like division rivals... You can't like both and if you are a Mets fan like me and do not have 27 championships to make the pain go away, the Mets are not a serious rival. To Mets fans the Yankees are worse than a division rival because we read it everyday... every back page, every projection... We can't even enjoy the Philly rivalry becuase we aren't really competing against them...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    edited October 2010
    His response will be that they are in the same division so it's not the same as the Mets/Yankees or Giants/Jets...
    NY has two teams and it's not like division rivals...
    of course that be his response cause he so predictable. thats why it's fun to argue with them.

To Mets fans the Yankees are worse than a division rival because we read it everyday... every back page, every projection... We can't even enjoy the Philly rivalry becuase we aren't really competing against them...
    THIS is exactly why i will always root against the yankees. you forgot to mention the bandwagon yankee fans in recent years who probably couldn't even name the 96 world series roster or 98 world series roster. i bet they'd be to shocked to find out guys like david cone and strawberry and dr. k once played for the mets.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

islanders rangers same division

mets yanks DIFFERENT LEAGUES ..WE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER

THATS OK ..ROOT FOR THE PHILS WHO OPENLY ABUSE YOU AND THE THE METS :lol:

SUCKERS ...like the mets

SUCKERS ...like the mets
    mets/yanks same city, fighting for the same back pages and have a subway series and have a history that goes back to the 60's. so yea mets/yanks def aren't rivals :roll: :roll: :lol::lol: . i guess you forgot bout the mayors trophy in the 60's and 70's and 80's and how once the boss took over the yanks he would start his best players in the game.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    which is crazy imo

rooting for a division rival makes zero sense

makes tons of sense to me when it involves teh cubs/sox or mets/yankees

what makes less sense is a NY rooting for a Laker parade. :P

so old dude

dont u root for the flyers in chicago?

whats the problem??

i'm not from Chicago tho. :mrgreen: there was no hockey in my town.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

so old dude

dont u root for the flyers in chicago?

whats the problem??

i'm not from Chicago tho. :mrgreen: there was no hockey in my town.
    hahaha

pwned

metsfan wrote:

SUCKERS ...like the mets
    mets/yanks same city, fighting for the same back pages and have a subway series and have a history that goes back to the 60's. so yea mets/yanks def aren't rivals :roll: :roll: :lol::lol: . i guess you forgot bout the mayors trophy in the 60's and 70's and 80's and how once the boss took over the yanks he would start his best players in the game.

the mayor's trophy..is this what you're worried about?

we play 6 x per year .. and can only meet in the ws

the mets fans think its a rivalry i guess because the yanks fans don't even know the mets are on the map..let alone care about what they do

our rival is the red sox not the mets

the mets fans think its a rivalry i guess because the yanks fans don't even know the mets are on the map..let alone care about what they do

oh please don't act like this town doesn't care bout the yearly subway series matchup or that yanks fans don't care bout the mets/yanks rivalry

metsfan wrote:

oh please don't act like this town doesn't care bout the yearly subway series matchup or that yanks fans don't care bout the mets/yanks rivalry

the only time we cared was in 2000 and whenever the next subway series will be

the 6x per year is just another 6 games...believe it

we do not care about the mets...can you understand this?

they are a 500 team who pose no threat

so you think hank and hal wouldn't care if the mets by some miracle take over the back pages and build a dynasty. that's pretty funny if you think that.

i know ton's of yankees who loooooooathe the mets. just cause you don't doesn't mean all yankee fans are like you.

metsfan wrote:

so you think hank and hal wouldn't care if the mets by some miracle take over the back pages and build a dynasty. that's pretty funny if you think that.

i know ton's of yankees who loooooooathe the mets. just cause you don't doesn't mean all yankee fans are like you.

we'll both be dead b4 that happens..so i wouldnt worry :lol:

sadly i agree :lol::lol::lol:

go texas

metsfan wrote:

sadly i agree :lol::lol::lol:

go texas
    What he said!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Flagg wrote:
    Well, like I said earlier, this is all new for us. And I certainly don't take the Yankees lightly.

You should see everyone freaking out around here. They have sold 30,000 of those claw and antler shirts and can't keep them in stock.

It is like we have been conditioned to expect the Cowboys to win titles and anything less is a fail. At the same time we have been conditioned to expect the Rangers to suck or tease us then implode and be nothing more than something to fill the time between the Super Bowl and training camp.

No one knows what to do!
    Great problem to have, isn't it? :mrgreen:
    Everywhere I've been today, it's all people can talk about. I wore a Rangers t shirt to work today, not sure if it was against our "professionals" dress code but nobody has said anything. :shifty:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    horrible fielding horrible

like watching the bad news bears

• Eh, I think I'd like to see this series go longer. More baseball to watch. Sorry Rangers fans.

Yeah not a good start. CJ can't find the strike zone.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13