Options

Pearl Jam GIANT Spectrum Banner...UP FOR BIDS on Friday!

Comments

• Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    pandora wrote:
    Mango wrote:
    I dont get it myself. I work for a printers and we produce stuff like this all the time. Okay not PJ stuff :D but products like this. It would be cool to have purely cause its the Philly banner but at the end of the day its just a piece of PVC. If someone can get me the artwork I'll do one for everyone on the board :lol:
    Printers rule!! 8-)

Damm right they do. Although Im in pre-press dept / design so Im technically not a printer. Im on a different level of cool :ugeek:
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    dude if you could produce a print of that i'd definitely buy one - i'm sure someone on here has to have a good picture of it. be a nice 8x10 on the wall for sure.

PM me if you come across anything but if its just an 8x10 you want you could just get it done at your local photo developers. Oh and I wouldn't charge. Im no bootlegger :lol:
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    Mango wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    dude if you could produce a print of that i'd definitely buy one - i'm sure someone on here has to have a good picture of it. be a nice 8x10 on the wall for sure.

PM me if you come across anything but if its just an 8x10 you want you could just get it done at your local photo developers. Oh and I wouldn't charge. Im no bootlegger :lol:

cool i'd take bigger but i'd have to figure out a size that i can put on a wall. i'll try and find a good picture of it though too. i'll let you know - thanks for the offer.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    opening bid.... $2500....ouch.

i was willing to go up to $500
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Can u guys help me 2 bit ??? so im big PJ fan, new to 10 club....Dont know how to find 10 c ppl i kow..have no fkn idea how to navigate this site..help me pleaaseee......lol..xox

are you ok? :shock:

so paul promo collector does this have your name on it..lol it would look nice on the side of your house..
    :lol:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    I would love to have a print of it on my wall!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    we should wait until the last min and then buy it. and then sell off blocks off it to forum members where the $ goes towards a nonprofit (after reimbursing whoever buys it for the original purchase price)

There will be a premium on the Ed Vedder cock block
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    81 wrote:

:shock: I just dont get it. At all. Man you could get yourself a Reeenk Roink for that price or any number of awesome PJ collectables! But then again if you have $2500 to spend you probably aint stuck for a few bob.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:

Cheapo
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    I just hope someone with an actual connection to the spectrum wins this and not some rich yuppie that won't ever do anything with it cept show it to his rich yuppie buddies one drunken night
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Cheapo

you wanna go half. i'll put up 1250. we can trade it back and forth as a christmas card
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    I actually have it on a holiday card that the very cool SOLAT13 sent me last year. So he has a photo of it. When I opened that card, I was like, HOW AWESOME IS THIS? It made my day.

:D
  • Options
    those seats don't have the Pearl Jam logo on the back. they're just the regular upholstered spectrum seats. they're not the ones linked to early in this thread. just a heads-up...
  • Options
    gubym20gubym20 Posts: 41
    The guy in the article was on WIP 610 today and he was talking about this story, pretty interesting. I think he was a little surprised by the crazies around these parts. All kinds of other things to buy from the good old Spectrum if any locals are interested.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 10/12/00, 5/3/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04,10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 4/5/08, 4/7/08, 8/16/08, 8/17/08, 6/11/09, 6/12/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 9/14/22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    edited October 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    I just hope someone with an actual connection to the spectrum wins this and not some rich yuppie that won't ever do anything with it cept show it to his rich yuppie buddies one drunken night

I was thinking the same thing. Some RICH DICK, will end up buying it with next to NO ties to the Spectrum, and CERTAINLY NOT a PJ FAN!!!

$2,500 STARTING bid???? WOW!! Too rich for me. Maybe if no one bids on it as it get closer to the 17th, the opening bid will go down?

How about that?
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    cutz wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Some RICH DUCHE, will end up buying it with next to NO ties to the Spectrum, and CERTAINLY NOT a PJ FAN!!!

$2,500 STARTING bid???? WOW!! Too rich for me. Maybe if no one bids on it as it get closer to the 17th, the opening bid will go down?

Sorry - just been seeing this word misspelled everywhere lately...

DOUCHE - A douche bag is a piece of equipment for douching—a bag for holding the fluid used in douching.
    Evolution Music Studios presents:
    DO THE EVOLUTION - a 20th Anniversary Tribute Celebration
    of PEARL JAM - WORLD CAFE LIVE PHILLY JUNE 19th 7pm
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing. Some RICH DICK, will end up buying it with next to NO ties to the Spectrum, and CERTAINLY NOT a PJ FAN!!!

$2,500 STARTING bid???? WOW!! Too rich for me. Maybe if no one bids on it as it get closer to the 17th, the opening bid will go down?[/quote]

"RYANEVOLUTION quote"

Sorry - just been seeing this word misspelled everywhere lately...

DOUCHE - A douche bag is a piece of equipment for douching—a bag for holding the fluid used in douching.[/quote]

No, i'm sorry. But, obviously you knew what i was saying> :lol: I edit the post. Now, we return to the regular scheduled programming. The TOPIC> ;) MAYBE you could've made a comment on topic?> :lol:

Anyone have the $$$$$$$$$ for the Banner?
  • Options
    Does anybody know how much the banner went for? What was the final bid?
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Evolver wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    for anyone interested you can still buy those PEARL JAM seats for about $190 each from them ....

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240 ... 2JPG-1.jpg

Got a link for the actual sale page? I cannot find it.

i have the email addresses for the two people who are in charged for the sales of the seats ...

OOPS sorry after going threw my emails with said person . it was $195 for the seat PLUS $125 for the embroidery ........
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    Does anybody know how much the banner went for? What was the final bid?

Its not over yet. It doesn't end untill the 17th(9:00PM Eastern Time-USA). Someone has put in a bid of $2,500, so far. Way to rich for me.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

looks like it sold for $2500. so which one of you nut jobs bought it?

or did the band buy it?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

or did the band buy it?
    jamminpearls bought it

:P

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

or did the band buy it?
    jamminpearls bought it

:P
    Yeah i wish.lol
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Whoever bought this for $2,500 is an idiot! lol
  • Options
    Well I guess you can call me that Idiot and i'm damn proud of it. And i am not some rich Dick who is not a fan. I've been into PJ since the first time i saw Alive on HeadBangers Ball on a Saturday nite back in '91. As i said i'm not some rich Douche who bought this banner. I bought this banner cause i didn't wnat to see it disappear and be lost forever. I wanted this banner the first time i saw it and everytime i went to Phillies games and still saw it hanging on the Spectrum way after the shows took place. I went to 3 of the Spectrum shows and plenty of others around this country, those shows meant alot to me cause i was with friends and the band that changed my life way back when. Now do i have any idea what i'm gonna do with it, no, but i'm happy i got it. I may try to get in touch with the band and see if they want it or i may do nothing with it but please know that it is in the hands of true fan that plans on keeping it with pride and joy. any suggestions are appreciated thanks

mike
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 10/12/00, 5/3/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04,10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 4/5/08, 4/7/08, 8/16/08, 8/17/08, 6/11/09, 6/12/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 9/14/22
  • Options
    gubym20 wrote:
    Well I guess you can call me that Idiot and i'm damn proud of it. And i am not some rich Dick who is not a fan. I've been into PJ since the first time i saw Alive on HeadBangers Ball on a Saturday nite back in '91. As i said i'm not some rich Douche who bought this banner. I bought this banner cause i didn't wnat to see it disappear and be lost forever. I wanted this banner the first time i saw it and everytime i went to Phillies games and still saw it hanging on the Spectrum way after the shows took place. I went to 3 of the Spectrum shows and plenty of others around this country, those shows meant alot to me cause i was with friends and the band that changed my life way back when. Now do i have any idea what i'm gonna do with it, no, but i'm happy i got it. I may try to get in touch with the band and see if they want it or i may do nothing with it but please know that it is in the hands of true fan that plans on keeping it with pride and joy. any suggestions are appreciated thanks

mike

Well that's cool...glad a real fan got it..i'm happy for ya!
  • Options
    gubym20 wrote:

mike

:clap:

Congrats on your purchase dude.
  • Options
    frame it and hang it up on your tv room wall

don't cut it up whatever you do

i still think your a rick dick/douche. just kidding :P.

congrats

very very cool story

• Options
    I would love to hang it up somewhere but unfortunately i don't have a large building handy this beast is 50 foot by 30 foot on a good note in the summer time i will be able to lay it out in the field next to my house so any close planes or hot air balloons will be able to check it out. Just think our very own PJ crop circle in PA.