Options

Into the Wild LP

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850
    mfc2006 wrote:
    here's an email that i just received from Steve at Aural Exploits:

You are receiving this email as you have placed a pre-order for Eddie Vedder
    "Into The Wild On Vinyl".

We have been informed by our distributor that there may be an issue with
    availability of this title and until we are able to determine the impact of
    this we have removed the title from sale on our website.

We should have full details on the availability of this title in the next
    few days and will send an email update regarding this release at that time.

In the event there is only a limited supply available, orders will be filled
    earliest to latest and may be restricted to one copy per order.

Any orders that are not able to be filled will be refunded / cancelled.

Any orders that have payments due to expire (28 - 30 days since the order
    was placed) within the next several days for this release will be receiving
    a cancellation notification. Once we have received updated information for
    the release and availability is known, we will contact you via email if
    copies are available to fill your cancelled orders.

Please do not contact us regarding this release as we will be contacting you
    again in the next several days when we have updated information on
    availability.

Thanks and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks
    Steve

Got the same email too from Steve Richards this morning. It's weird that you can still be placing orders for a copy through their website & many other online record stores. A reissue of a product that is very popular & very high demand like it's predecessor which is a collectors item that's value is pretty high today. Doesn't each record store have a max limit of copies they can pre order per store? You would think these Into The Wild record orders would be sold out by now. :|
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    yep same here but i ordered two one with Aural and one with what and what have said thell start sending them out soon :!: :!:
    what is it with what records its always sending out soon :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ2evLL8 ... re=related :D:D:D
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Hello, some news!
    Phil called Tim from What records/UK this morning and Tim said, he's having no issues/problems with the stock and he will order more to meet the demand (possibly the US retailers have ordered late?).

:D

but my worries still remain...should I order another copy from What? :think:
    I was one of the early birds and ordered mine on July 21st and I got the "shipping confirmation" some weeks back because of the expirering payment, so maybe I am one of the lucky ones to get one. But just maybe :? I'm quite tempted to order a copy from What.....
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I ordered the 1st day too, what a fuckin joke

I agree. This is business 101, supply/demand. I think a few refresher courses in business management should be in store for these folks.
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • Options
    soundstagedirect.com has been updating there site with every change that they get from the label...

they have great customer service,ever think of calling them or emailing them or looking at there website them before bitching here..all the answers are there

the new date is 10/12-14 /10...The price in the US has jumped to $39.99 since there is new distribution for the US market and the price was raised

they are honoring all the pre orders at the lower price

Aural Exploits has removed the LP from there site and is no longer caring it

soundstagedirect.com is the only place in the US to get it now...

jenny
  • Options
    yeah i ordered 2 copies one from aural and one from soundstage both on the 21st of july........now aural says there short, soundstage isn't saying anything, and what records has plenty......WTF! I really wish what records would have started there presale when the others did, would have just ordered from them.....here's hoping we don't get screwed :x
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i know that Steve from Aural asked us to refrain from emailing them until they straightened this whole thing out, but here's what i just emailed him:

Hi Steve---

I know you asked for us to wait, but I have a quick question. I placed my order on 7/21 (the day it went up on your site). Should I feel confident that I will receive a copy from Aural or order from another online vinyl retailer? Word is that this is a limited release and I just want to make sure that I can secure my copy, which is why I ordered on 7/21 from your site. Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tmantman Posts: 158
    I hate to speculate this as I ordered from Aural Vinyl also but what if the real issue is the price they charged for the pre-order was less as was stated prior and now they are figuring out it doesn't make sense to honor that price and maybe it easier just to cancel a bunch or orders and sell only the ones they have at the higher rate. This is BS I agree, as if What records is saying no problem then why should we in the US be shut out by Aural Expliots. It seems What records may be a much better retailer to deal with in the future!
  • Options
    yeah i ordered 2 copies one from aural and one from soundstage both on the 21st of july........now aural says there short, soundstage isn't saying anything, and what records has plenty......WTF! I really wish what records would have started there presale when the others did, would have just ordered from them.....here's hoping we don't get screwed :x

soundstagedirect will be shipping them

only aural is having issues with the LP
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    I've been exploited orally by these buttholes
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Do people think that the whole press run would be sold, even if it's really limited? It just seems like there's more popular limited vinyl that it's taken months to sell out of.

Why did nobody else order from acousticsounds.com? Best vinyl store on the web if you ask me, well, if you like fast shipping and good packing.
  • Options

Didn't What Records had these for sale the same time Aural & SoundStage did. I could be wrong but I remember after a few day's ordering the Amongst The Wave singles from them I got an email that the Into The Wild vinyls were ready to preorder.
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    and now soundstage has bumped the price again to $44.99 from ($26.99, 31.99, 34.99)

not just Soundstage, but all of the retailers are just slowly squeezing more dollar$.....delay....price bump.....delay......price bump......delay....price bump.....delay......price bump......pretty soon they will just sell them straight out at $200 each :evil:

:!: SOME BS IF YOU ASK ME :!:
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Do people think that the whole press run would be sold, even if it's really limited? It just seems like there's more popular limited vinyl that it's taken months to sell out of.

Why did nobody else order from acousticsounds.com? Best vinyl store on the web if you ask me, well, if you like fast shipping and good packing.

cant find it on their website

link plz?
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    and now soundstage has bumped the price again to $44.99 from ($26.99, 31.99, 34.99)

not just Soundstage, but all of the retailers are just slowly squeezing more dollar$.....delay....price bump.....delay......price bump......delay....price bump.....delay......price bump......pretty soon they will just sell them straight out at $200 each :evil:

I have a feeling it all has something to do with Pearl Jam CO. Maybe they are delaying all this madness cause they would want to sell the product in their store too. Aren't these made in Europe? I mean the product is Eddie Vedder, member of Pearl Jam right? Why wouldn't they want to sell a copy on their official Pearl Jam website. Though it's weird cause Just Breathe, Amongst The Waves & Unthought Known 7" vinyl singles were not sold over @ pearljam.com and they were official Pearl Jam merchandise. You would think that everything that is anything Pearl Jam would be sold @ pearljam.com or info known about a Pearl Jam product or product that has the words Pearl Jam on it selling in stores or pre orders online that the company would know more info about it. But that's not true at all. :(
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:

Soundstagedirect has bumped the price because of the new distribution deal in the U.S., which is out of any retailers control. Any fluctuation in price has been due to the details slowly unfolding in what has been a rather complicated and costly process for everyone.

The cost has gone up almost $9.00 an LP. They are honoring every sale at the price that was offered at the time purchase. SoundStageDirect is losing money or breaking even on many of their earlier sales. Besides simply being the right thing to do, that is great customer service.

The price is $39.99, not $44.99 and shipping around 10/12
  • Options
    have they even confirmed the artwork yet?
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i know that Steve from Aural asked us to refrain from emailing them until they straightened this whole thing out, but here's what i just emailed him:

Hi Steve---

I know you asked for us to wait, but I have a quick question. I placed my order on 7/21 (the day it went up on your site). Should I feel confident that I will receive a copy from Aural or order from another online vinyl retailer? Word is that this is a limited release and I just want to make sure that I can secure my copy, which is why I ordered on 7/21 from your site. Any info would be great!

Thanks,

Matt

STEVE'S RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL:

Hi,

We really won’t know any better until we get updated information.

Thanks
    Steve
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    Pearl_Gurl wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

Soundstagedirect has bumped the price because of the new distribution deal in the U.S., which is out of any retailers control. Any fluctuation in price has been due to the details slowly unfolding in what has been a rather complicated and costly process for everyone.

The cost has gone up almost $9.00 an LP. They are honoring every sale at the price that was offered at the time purchase. SoundStageDirect is losing money or breaking even on many of their earlier sales. Besides simply being the right thing to do, that is great customer service.

thanks pearl_gurl for the PM...

and FYI...

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/eddie-v ... l-lp.shtml

About Into The Wild (Soundtrack) COMING @10/14/10 NO PROBLEMS WITH STOCK by Eddie Vedder:
    Release Date 10-14-10.
    Includes 24-page full color booklet.

Taking a break from his day job fronting rock heavyweight Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder immerses himself into the big-screen story of a young man who gives all his money to charity and hitchhikes to a new life, and his eventual death, in the wilds of Alaska. Prompted by the film's creator, Sean Penn, to contribute to the musical score, the Seattle musician tackled the entire project, playing every instrument on the soundtrack's nine originals and two cover songs.

This title is not eligible for further discount.

Our Price: $39.99
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options

Somebody posted in another thread here that got info from an online record store that it's gonna be the same artwork like the first edition vinyl release.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Somebody posted in another thread here that got info from an online record store that it's gonna be the same artwork like the first edition vinyl release.

black and white cover
  • Options
    Pearl_Gurl wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

black and white cover

That's the one, same like the first edition vinyl release! :)
  • Options
    cendhcendh Posts: 214
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Hi Steve---

Thanks,

Matt

STEVE'S RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL:

Hi,

We really won’t know any better until we get updated information.

Thanks
    Steve

I'M BEGINNGIN TO HATE THIS STEVE GUY...

d.
    Diego
  • Options
    release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    hey soundstage i called them dude was super cool shot tha shit with him for bout 30 mins long story short all pre orders for 26.99 fan price will be honored :mrgreen::mrgreen: so basiccly any pre order for that price is good they didnt cancel those orders or send an email asking for some extra cash like other retailers so with that said they dont make the record just help get it to us,,, so just chill relax an if your order was canceled somewhere esle go to soundstage an they will take care of you but there prob bout 150 left so order there yo an keep in mind its not the retailers who are changeing the price its a music business, an those who are giving it to them the retailers are changeing the price.. they first gave the retailer a price then they added things to the reissue so by default they have to up the price... but hey i pre ordered mine and i am stoked to be getting mine for the same price an not ahigher price,,,

so in my eyes PEARL JAM says there bout the fans but why is there a shortage on all PJ records they need to reissue all ablums...

an btw i pre ordered 2 an will be giving one a way but i would do a contest lotto but it wouldnt be fare because dimitris would get it lol i sent him a message on tha facebook when i first ordered mine back in july saying i would give him my extra copy ,,,

anyways its not soundstage's fault or any other company selling the ITW reissue its like the U.S. dollar suxing right now is one thing, i mean its not like one company makes the record then one sales it there are many hands wanting a cut,,, but i think its great an also great business soundstage is keeping the pre order price means there kinda not making a profit on any of the pre orders sorry they are a business an a great business does 2 things makes money an makes there cust happy so to make us happy that pre ordered they are keeping the same price for me that makes want to do business with them again,,

so chill have a great weekend an know its not the retailers fault but those who give it to them the many people involved
    now i gonna go enjoy one :mrgreen: by the sea shore
  • Options
    well....to me it doesnt seem right to keep changing these important factors during this "pre-order". It is not the consumers fault they did not have all of their info together before they started slanging vinyl they dont even have in their hands (which is illegal in some places!).
    What if i offer something for sale that i dont even own (yet), then bump the price because of popularity/demand, and keep doing that until i get the price i want for it? and i will simply tell my customers nothing but "just wait for it, dont ask us any questions, it'll be there sooner or later"

and btw the price was $44.99 at the time i wrote the other, it has since been changed to $39.99 - still a huge leap from $26.99 (it may even have been $21.99 at some point somewhere)

i used to buy a ton of vinyl from tower.com, only to never receive any of it and refunded after 8 months - they were also selling stuff they dont even have - specifically Vitalogy, it would be "in stock" for $19.99, and they never honored it. Who regulates these kinds of business practices? :evil:
    Pearl_Gurl wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    o dear..i just ordered the "Into The Wild" vinyl without thinking that i don't have a turntable ~

:D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    flat out bad business by Aural Exports. After all the delays and waiting, after paying they are just going to say fuck off too bad, you used paypal blow us.

last album I try from them......yeah I know more for you
  • Options
    Sounds like SoundStage Direct is really doing the right thing here. That's good for me, because that's where I ordered it.

Seriously, folks, that's the place to go to buy records online. Great selection and customer service.
  • Options
    mkinnear wrote:
    Sounds like SoundStage Direct is really doing the right thing here. That's good for me, because that's where I ordered it.

Seriously, folks, that's the place to go to buy records online. Great selection and customer service.

i'm going to wait & see what Aural Exploits says. according to Steve's email, we should have an answer early this week. if they F it up, i'll be ordering through SoundStage.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Just sent an email to cancel my order with Aural Exports, it seems because I paid the lower price on the 24.07.10 I'm going to get penalised, not using them again after this, Ordered it with What Records.