Options

Thumbing My Way sucks

Comments

• Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    I don't listen to Thumbing My Way because I don't like it but the very fact that fanch75 also doesn't like it makes me want to give it another chance........as he is one of the lamest people on this board.

Glad I could help you out!
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    Fuck Thumbing My Way
    Fuck Riot Act
    Phuck Philly
    Fuck Cincy

Riot Act Is Possibly The Worst Album Released By Any Band In The Last 10 Years.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    In the words of Billy Madison, "You know something? YOU suck!"

But in all seriousness, you do suck... for not liking TMW. It's beautiful!
  • Options
    In the words of Billy Madison, "You know something? YOU suck!"

But in all seriousness, you do suck... for not liking TMW. It's beautiful!
    well i guess i gotta ask???

laura?? do you SUCK????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I enjoyed reading all of these posts regarding TMW. For all of you who don't really like this song, I can see why. There is nothing really exciting about the song. However, the lyrics are one of Eddie's best. It is one of the most enjoyable songs to sing however. If I was in charge of our setlist, I would play this song every night. The only problem is 95% of the people we play in front of don't know the song, therefore doesn't get a good response.
    Nick, lead singer for "TEN" a nationally touring Pearl Jam Tribute
  • Options
    Fuck Thumbing My Way
    Fuck Riot Act
    Phuck Philly
    Fuck Cincy

Riot Act Is Possibly The Worst Album Released By Any Band In The Last 10 Years.......

the WORST album by ANY band in the last 10 years? riot act is like the best pearl jam album!!!
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I wouldn't say it sucks. I would say its boring.. like Low Light.
  • Options
    soclosesoclose Posts: 628
    I'm a fan - it's probably my favorite song from Riot Act.. I'd love to hear Pearl Jam do more acoustic, folky stuff.
  • Options
    well i guess i gotta ask???

laura?? do you SUCK????

Don't fuckin' worry about it :D

Either way, TMW is awesome.
  • Options
    hidinghiding Posts: 290
    Don't fuckin' worry about it :D

Either way, TMW is awesome.

she is from milwaukee wi.

all the ladies suck!!

beer that is, liquid love
    one love

respect
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    I dislike Riot Act, but Thumbing My Way has some of Ed's best lyrics.
  • Options
    Maybe you have to have had a connection with the songs sentiment?

Riot Act came out at a messed up time in my life, Thumbing My Way is beautiful.....just my opinion...

For the record I think Riot Act stands up much better than Avacado (easily my least favourite).
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Its a good song to sing in the shower.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    Maybe you have to have had a connection with the songs sentiment?

Riot Act came out at a messed up time in my life, Thumbing My Way is beautiful.....just my opinion...

For the record I think Riot Act stands up much better than Avacado (easily my least favourite).

Agreed. I think Avocado is OK but I want a darker album from PJ
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Agreed. I think Avocado is OK but I want a darker album from PJ

The times ive seen you on here ive pretty much been agreeance with all you say...pleased to meet you :D

And yeah, something a bit darker next time, and decent artwork would be nice :)
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    The times ive seen you on here ive pretty much been agreeance with all you say...pleased to meet you :D

Likewise my friend!
    And yeah, something a bit darker next time, and decent artwork would be nice :)

Indeed. I liked the colour scheme but what's with the avocado?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Its a great song. Especially live; on Riot Act I can see why some wouldnt like it, but live its pull of emotion.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    I love it live or on the album
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    fuck you. I love it. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I think I speak for all of us when I say Fanch we love ya , but shut the fuck up !!!! Everyone knows TMW is great!! Go wack off to KISS

Now, that made me laugh! :D
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    I saw Thumbing My Way sitting on the side of a road the other day..................sucking a monkey's ball bag.

What an awful, awful song. Can we have some more electric guitar rockers please? Thanks.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    Glad I could help you out!

word
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    I never hear this song more than 5 seconds, b/c that's how long it takes to hear those shitty opening chords. I know what horrid boredom lies beyond.

Discuss.

no my friend, it is you who sucks
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • Options
    I'm sure if Thumbing My Way and Come Back were on Yield everybody on this board would LOVE them and there would be threads about how GREAT they are.

Damn Yield snobs, I have had enough of them :D:D;)

Edit: And the only reason everybody loves Marker In The Sand is because it sounds like a Yield song...

Long live Riot Act and Binaural...damn it!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    "No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead"

Great song...
    "All the rusted signs we ignored throughout our lives
    choosing the shiny ones instead."

Part of what makes me a fan is the writing.
    A real possibility I may meet you in my dreams ~ I go to sleep
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    you suck
  • Options
    Love this song so much.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    I'm sure if Thumbing My Way and Come Back were on Yield everybody on this board would LOVE them and there would be threads about how GREAT they are.

Edit: And the only reason everybody loves Marker In The Sand is because it sounds like a Yield song...

I agree with this man. But Marker is a good song regardless.
    My first PJ show to witness was at Bonnaroo. How is that for lucky?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734

Come Back is a pretty good bluesy rock number, not terribly different than stuff Elvis was doing years ago.

thumbing my way is just boring. The YIELD era of the band would not have made such a numbing tune. Like you, I am speculating and can never prove prove either way. The album was like they felt they couldn't have fun; a song like Big Wave could never have been written by the riot act era because they were in a darker, more somber place.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    I'd just like to say you are full of shit.

period.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)