Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    81 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    Playing the NBA lockout schedule tonight...took NJ +6.5 vs Knicks and Portland -6 vs Denver...
    Knicks and Nuggets both playing for 3rd night in a row.

I tried that a couple times and got burned. It's almost impossible to bet on the NBA this year....so unpredictable. Especially with this ridiculous schedule.
    At one point, teams in their third game were undefeated.
    Tough 1/2 point loss on the Nets, easy win on Blazers
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Poncier wrote:
    81 wrote:

I tried that a couple times and got burned. It's almost impossible to bet on the NBA this year....so unpredictable. Especially with this ridiculous schedule.
    At one point, teams in their third game were undefeated.
    Tough 1/2 point loss on the Nets, easy win on Blazers

sixers and nuggets have been pretty solid picks so far this year. 2 young and deep teams...they seem to be well equipped for this tough schedule.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Here's my prop plays so far, still contemplating a couple more...

Over 4 FG attempts by both teams +155
    Under 7.5 different Giants to have a reception +155
    Mannignham to score a TD +160
    Danny Woodhead over 12.5 receiving yrds +110
    Shortest TD will be over 1.5 yards +110
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Poncier wrote:

which site did you get these odds?

i'm in a pool where every prob is -110 whichever way you pick it. could make a killing might just play the odds on this one
  • Options
    one of the pats adjusted lines is -13.5 at +370....i may make a small play on that as i like the pats and can foresee a blowout.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    giants to receive opening kickoff -285....not good odds but only because the pats always defer when they win the toss (believe i saw they last time they chose to receive was opening day '08 when they lost brady for the year) and the giants usually elect to receive.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    safety by either team +820....BOOM!

:lol:

seems like a few places have dropped to -2.5:
    http://www.covers.com/sports/odds/lineh ... ntid=30593

i bet more will later today as all the late nyg money comes in...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    megatron wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

which site did you get these odds?

i'm in a pool where every prob is -110 whichever way you pick it. could make a killing might just play the odds on this one
    Its a private site, the corner bookie gone digital age basically.
  • Options
    one of the pats adjusted lines is -13.5 at +370....i may make a small play on that as i like the pats and can foresee a blowout.
    I got that one at +330...if the Canadiens don't let up more tham 1 goal to Winnipeg in the 3rd I'm gonna have a lttle extra to play with and I might drop a small play on that one.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I usually like to play yes on "will either team attempt a 2 pt conversion"...2 yrs ago was floundering a tad, had that prop and Shockey to score a TD and my day turned around in the bklink of an eye.

Vegas has to be rooting for the Pats, lots more money on the Giants.
    Post edited by Poncier on
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Whats the line on kickoff time...i see 5:30 listed as the start time....i plan on tuning in around 5:50 to avoid all the hoopla bs
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Whats the line on kickoff time...i see 5:30 listed as the start time....i plan on tuning in around 5:50 to avoid all the hoopla bs
    You'll miss part of the game....the hoopla is tightly scheduled for before kickoff, it'll kickoff almost exactly on time.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Poncier wrote:
    81 wrote:
    You'll miss part of the game....the hoopla is tightly scheduled for before kickoff, it'll kickoff almost exactly on time.

:lol: i've never seen a championship game start at the listed time. never. i'm sure i'm not looking at the official time

according to NFL.com, the game starts at 5:20 central time. maybe i'll tune in at 5:40 instead
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    so...following their loss to the Broncos in 2005 I told my drunken friend (I may have also been 7 or 8 sheets at the time) that the Pats should just explode their team because they weren't going to win with their current regime. He told me they were a juggernaut (they were/are) and would win 2 more times with this team in the following 7 years. Given the ridiculous futures bet that it was we needed to make it memorable. We decided to make it for 2 gallons of wild turkey. Well the bet was really won in 08/09/10 (Gmen/Brady/Welker) when crazy shit went my way. So this weekend my wife agrees to me putting in a 3 tap kegerator, and, because the bet hadn't been paid, I give him double or nothing (except he buy first set of kegs in the dispenser if I win with the GIants on the ML). I like winning bets and being right even when I was pretty wrong.
  • Options
    P.S. how did eli win the mvp again?
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:

did you watch the game? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

I usually like to play yes on "will either team attempt a 2 pt conversion"...2 yrs ago was floundering a tad, had that prop and Shockey to score a TD and my day turned around in the bklink of an eye.

dude i couldn't believe it! a saftey on the pats first drive. :lol: i posted that i was doing that on facebook so my phone was blowing up throughout the first quarter.

plus i had heads and the giants to receive the kick. 3 big wins 5 minutes into the game....all downhill from there on. :x overall i finished down just a little. thank god for that safety.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,787
    dude i couldn't believe it! a saftey on the pats first drive. :lol: i posted that i was doing that on facebook so my phone was blowing up throughout the first quarter.

plus i had heads and the giants to receive the kick. 3 big wins 5 minutes into the game....all downhill from there on. :x overall i finished down just a little. thank god for that safety.

Nice work on that safety. I wonder what the odds were that a safety would be the first score of the game.
  • Options
    I do believe that the official who made that safety call also had a bet on it.
  • Options
    I do believe that the official who made that safety call also had a bet on it.

who? my uncle fred?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:

My wife came home with ribs....what was I supposed to do? I was right though the game fucking sucked and the punter should have been MVP.
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

My wife came home with ribs....what was I supposed to do? I was right though the game fucking sucked and the punter should have been MVP.

i don't know if you're joking or not but that was an all time classic game. eli was great. the pass to manningham will go down as one of the greatest passes in super bowl history.......GOD. DAMN. IT. :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,787
    don't know if you're joking or not but that was an all time classic game. eli was great. the pass to manningham will go down as one of the greatest passes in super bowl history.......GOD. DAMN. IT. :x

Yeah, I dont know what the problem is with Eli as the MVP. Completed 75% of his passes for just under 300 yards, 1 TD and no INTs. And led an 88 yard game winning drive. Not too shabby.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    don't know if you're joking or not but that was an all time classic game. eli was great. the pass to manningham will go down as one of the greatest passes in super bowl history.......GOD. DAMN. IT. :x

Yeah, I dont know what the problem is with Eli as the MVP. Completed 75% of his passes for just under 300 yards, 1 TD and no INTs. And led an 88 yard game winning drive. Not too shabby.

i think nix deserved the mvp. 10 catches, over 100 yrs no drops, drive extender...
    and weatherford was great but dude is not winning mvp of the sb no matter how many times he pinned the pats
  • Options
    i don't know if you're joking or not but that was an all time classic game. eli was great. the pass to manningham will go down as one of the greatest passes in super bowl history.......GOD. DAMN. IT. :x

i don't think it was an all time classic....i think wide right (or was it left), Cool Joe vs. Cincy part 2, the longest yard, pats over rams, and even giants/pats part 1. that's me.

the catch was nice, and will be replayed for years, but i'll take the tyree pass over that one. heck, i thought the catch over the middle early in the game was a better catch...i thought for sure the ball was over thrown, and the dude just skyed for it.

if we are talking all time great catches, then we need to toss in san fran TE into the mix
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i don't think it was an all time classic....i think wide right (or was it left), Cool Joe vs. Cincy part 2, the longest yard, pats over rams, and even giants/pats part 1. that's me.

the catch was nice, and will be replayed for years, but i'll take the tyree pass over that one. heck, i thought the catch over the middle early in the game was a better catch...i thought for sure the ball was over thrown, and the dude just skyed for it.

if we are talking all time great catches, then we need to toss in san fran TE into the mix

no doubt. might be a top 10 super bowl game though, in my opinion. 10-15 surely.

i didn't mean it was the absolute best. but a damn good one.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    81 wrote:

And Lynn Swan

Nice work on that safety. I wonder what the odds were that a safety would be the first score of the game.
    50/1
    #FHP
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

I was kicking myself...it was +1000 on my site, I had some cushion thanks to a Rangers/Canadiens puckline parlay and almost tossed 50 bucks on it...but didn't. Played my yes on a 2PT conversion attempt at +200, but also added in the Law firm for over 13 carries and Branch to score a TD and Pats -1 at the half.

Down overall on the game, up a little on the day.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

agreed...close crappy football does not equal good football and if you wanna push crappy football time (1998-now) Pats-Panthers, steelers-card, packers-steelers were better
  • Options
    RW81233 wrote:
    81 wrote:

agreed...close crappy football does not equal good football and if you wanna push crappy football time (1998-now) Pats-Panthers, steelers-card, packers-steelers were better

i'm sorry but i don't see what was so crappy about this game. :lol:

there were way more crappy super bowls than this one in the 2 decades preceeding the year you mentioned.
    chinese-happy.jpg