Options

Sports Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    It's that time of year again with all of the crazy super bowl prop bets. What does everyone like this weekend?

I took the Giants big on the money line at +130. Glad I took that right away since it is down to +115. I'm already in a $50 square pool and I'm sure I will have a bunch of strip cards going on the day of the game. Can't wait for Sunday...

'Tails'--Coin Toss
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,504
    Sawyer wrote:
    It's that time of year again with all of the crazy super bowl prop bets. What does everyone like this weekend?

I took the Giants big on the money line at +130. Glad I took that right away since it is down to +115. I'm already in a $50 square pool and I'm sure I will have a bunch of strip cards going on the day of the game. Can't wait for Sunday...

'Tails'--Coin Toss

i'm a heads guy :lol:

and i think i'm gonna ride the pats. hoping to get it at 2.5
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,790
    i'm a heads guy :lol:

and i think i'm gonna ride the pats. hoping to get it at 2.5

I think the books want to keep the line at 3. Giants are +3 at -125.

One prop that I like is Hernandez over 67.5 receiving yards.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,387
    Can't figure out why a bad Miami Ohio team is an 8 point favorite over a so so E. Michigan team, So I'm on E Mich +8 tonight.

I'll get into the props later...lots to digest.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Poncier wrote:
    Can't figure out why a bad Miami Ohio team is an 8 point favorite over a so so E. Michigan team, So I'm on E Mich +8 tonight.

I'll get into the props later...lots to digest.
    Somebody screwed up unless there was an injury involved
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Paging The Fixer....

I'm getting a little concerned. We haven't heard from him since he wished death on Kyle Williams......
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    put a small bet on New Orleans Hornets at Spurs +9.5...old team Spurs coming off a game the night before and banged up...no ginoboli...

Hornets were hanging in the game through 3 qtrs...but decidied to only score 12 pts in the 4th....and lost by 11!

:evil:
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:
    put a small bet on New Orleans Hornets at Spurs +9.5...old team Spurs coming off a game the night before and banged up...no ginoboli...

Hornets were hanging in the game through 3 qtrs...but decidied to only score 12 pts in the 4th....and lost by 11!

Betting on basketball is the worst. So many garbage baskets at end of games that end up deciding who covers the game. So frustrating...
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

Betting on basketball is the worst. So many garbage baskets at end of games that end up deciding who covers the game. So frustrating...

it does suck. unreal
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

it does suck. unreal[/quote]

That's why I just stick to betting on football these days. Used to drive myself nuts betting on hoops.
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

it does suck. unreal

That's why I just stick to betting on football these days. Used to drive myself nuts betting on hoops.[/quote]

who do u have sunday?
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

who do u have sunday?

Giants on the moneyline. They have treated me well since week 16...gotta stick with 'em. Who do you like?
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    davidtrios wrote:

Basically betting if dudes who dont practice free throws can hit their free throws to cover a number.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

Might as well take the pts if its only like +115 on money line.
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:

It was worth it to take the moneyline at +130 since I put up a pretty good amount of money. If I bet it today, I would prob just take the points.
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:

It was worth it to take the moneyline at +130 since I put up a pretty good amount of money. If I bet it today, I would prob just take the points.

I gotcha..Do you happen to know what the gmen are at -3? I did a reverse spread with the saints against the colts and it worked out pretty well.
  • Options
    250.00 250.00 Football - 102 New England Patriots -3 +100 for Game
    25.00 125.00 Superbowl XLVI MVP Winner - Superbowl XLVI MVP - Rob Gronkowski +500
    25.00 350.00 Superbowl XLVI MVP Winner - Superbowl XLVI MVP - Wes Welker +1400
    25.00 40.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - The 1st Score of the Game - Field Goal or Safety +160
    25.00 35.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Will Both Teams Make 33yds or Longer FG's - Yes +140
    10.00 35.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of victory - NE win by 1-4 +350
    15.00 63.75 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of victory - NE win by 5-8 +425
    20.00 150.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of victory - NE win by 9-12 +750
    10.00 70.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of 5.00 55.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of victory - NE win by 17-20 +1100
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    SIENA -7....like this one tonight 8-)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    davidtrios wrote:
    25.00 125.00 Superbowl XLVI MVP Winner - Superbowl XLVI MVP - Rob Gronkowski +500
    25.00 40.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - The 1st Score of the Game - Field Goal or Safety +160
    25.00 35.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Will Both Teams Make 33yds or Longer FG's - Yes +140
    10.00 35.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of victory - NE win by 1-4 +350
    15.00 63.75 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of victory - NE win by 5-8 +425
    20.00 150.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of victory - NE win by 9-12 +750
    10.00 70.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of 5.00 55.00 Superbowl XLVI Game Props - New York Giants vs New England Patriots - Margin of victory - NE win by 17-20 +1100

:crazy: just take all those sill margin of victory bets...and put it on the pats and be done with it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    davidtrios wrote:

This will keep your head spinning through out the game...geez. Like 81 said you should have just bet it all on the Giants to win. :P
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,504
    still leaning towards pats.....might go money line as i was thinking of buying a half pt anyway....

i like gronkowski at +700 for mvp. i think belichik's playing up his injury. he's fine.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm taking the Under(1:34) on Clarkson's National Anthem. Betting big she won't expose her bellybutton during it. And small that she won't omit or forget any words.

Then I have Madonna performing without a hat, fishnets, or NFL shirt or jersey.
    #FHP
  • Options
    still leaning towards pats.....might go money line as i was thinking of buying a half pt anyway....

i like gronkowski at +700 for mvp. i think belichik's playing up his injury. he's fine.

my thoughts exactly
  • Options

He's +800 on my site...and yesterday I was told by someone who has a person in the know locally in the medical field that he is going to be "100%"...take it with a grain of salt, but this same person knew of Myra Kraft's health battle when the public was never alerted.
  • Options
    Playing the NBA lockout schedule tonight...took NJ +6.5 vs Knicks and Portland -6 vs Denver...
    Knicks and Nuggets both playing for 3rd night in a row.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Playing the NBA lockout schedule tonight...took NJ +6.5 vs Knicks and Portland -6 vs Denver...

I tried that a couple times and got burned. It's almost impossible to bet on the NBA this year....so unpredictable. Especially with this ridiculous schedule.
  • Options
    I'd bet qb for mvp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    I'd bet qb for mvp
    Brady is the favorie at -125 on my site and The Goober is 2nd choice at +250 (not too bad a price if you think the GMen win), more fun to toss a small play on a player with high odds in my opinion.

Its worked for me a couple times in the past , hit huge on Cole Hamels to be NLCS MVP the year the Phils won at +1800 (stupid me didn't play him in the WS cause his price dropped to +600 so I went with Lidge), and had Paul Pierce at +650 to be NBA finals MVP in 2008.
  • Options
    Money line is climbing like crazy on my site, Giants at +145 now.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

I tried that a couple times and got burned. It's almost impossible to bet on the NBA this year....so unpredictable. Especially with this ridiculous schedule.
    At one point, teams in their third game were undefeated.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg