If you could bring back a dead rock star?

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Bon fucking Scott!!!!
    good one..

what about johnny cash?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

• Ya had to know the guy, if ever there was a Dickless Dick, it was Micheal Murphy :twisted:
    Are you referring to Michael MARTIN Murphy?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,028
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Bon fucking Scott!!!!
    good one..

what about johnny cash?
    rock star is stretch , but I would be down for that.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,833
    too many.

Kurt Cobain
    Layne Staley
    Jimi Hendrix
    Cliff Burton
    Dimebag Darrell
    Shannon Hoon
    Bradley Nowell
    The Ramones
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    exept Jimi,for sure i wanna Ian Curtis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKe-lq8VZFo
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Why has no one mentioned phil linnott...total legend and taken away far to soon :(

Oh and please don't kid yourself folks, nirvana were most definitely on the way down when Kurt did what he did. Plus he made the decision to leave a baby fatherless (am not looking to open a suicide debate by the way!).
    I need a coffee!
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    I'd probably say either Kurt or Jim. BUT... I would say, why would you want to bring back ANY dead rock star, only because I'm in the frame of mind of the whole Butterfly Effect thing. There is a reason they are dead, and if you brought one back, then what would that be messing with in terms of ripple effects?

Although, I could go the other way, and say bring back all awesome rock stars who are no longer with us, and have one hell of a concert! :D:D
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Elvis for me without a doubt

Why? I absolutely love Elvis' voice....my dad loves him....he passed on the love to me.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Randy Rhoades
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Randy Rhoades

Probably more untapped potential than anybody mentioned yet.
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Has anyone mentioned Bonzo yet? If not: shame on us all, the thread is 7 pages long already!

john_bonham.jpg
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Kloddz wrote:
    Has anyone mentioned Bonzo yet? If not: shame on us all, the thread is 7 pages long already!

john_bonham.jpg
    Newch91 wrote:
    Then I'd pick Hendrix, John Bonham, Keith Moon, and Kurt Cobain.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Newch91 wrote:
    Kloddz wrote:

john_bonham.jpg
    Newch91 wrote:
    Then I'd pick Hendrix, John Bonham, Keith Moon, and Kurt Cobain.
    Damn it I knew I missed something! :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    mj-zombie.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

Ya had to know the guy, if ever there was a Dickless Dick, it was Micheal Murphy :twisted:
    Are you referring to Michael MARTIN Murphy?

Michael Joseph Murphy , King Dick of the Universe
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Was just thinking about John Martyn the other day.
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Kevin Dubrow
  • Claireack wrote:
    Was just thinking about John Martyn the other day.

Nah, love him though I did, he's gone to a better place. A mate of mine went to the funeral in Kells and said John had a big happy smile on his face.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    John Denver. Jk. Cobain.

Very nice, I agree too....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Bob Marley and Bon Scott

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Kurt Cobain, his death really saddened me deeply...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • tmm1212tmm1212 Posts: 6
    Bob Marley and Bradley from sublime.

Thank God someone else thinks so. I was really surprised Bob Marley wasn't a more popular choice. I think his message was easily as profound as Lennon's.
    Taylor
  • tmm1212tmm1212 Posts: 6
    oh, and if I had to kill one rock "star" I would have to say John Bon Jovi or John Mayer. I cannot stand either's music and both are way too full off them selves in the worst kind of way: narcissism.
    Taylor
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    Anyone who OD'd or commited suicide can stay dead.

I'd bring back anyone who died from shit-luck, like Burton or Lennon.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756

Lennon was on that junk in the 70's.. just cause he dodged one bullet, he gets a pass? People who die of OD's also have shit luck.. Either way, John is maybe the best pick..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

Or SRV.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870

Lennon was on that junk in the 70's.. just cause he dodged one bullet, he gets a pass? People who die of OD's also have shit luck.. Either way, John is maybe the best pick..

yup he gets a pass, he may have been on the junk, but he never died from it. True that people who die of OD's stem from shit luck, but ultimately it's still preventable and it's of your own doing.

Having a bus roll over and land on you in your sleep, or a crazy guy come up to you and shoot you....not so preventable.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

yup he gets a pass, he may have been on the junk, but he never died from it. True that people who die of OD's stem from shit luck, but ultimately it's still preventable and it's of your own doing.

Having a bus roll over and land on you in your sleep, or a crazy guy come up to you and shoot you....not so preventable.

Especially when that guy was going home to say good night to his son and ready to start his second life.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Did you ever hear the story of Lennon's last live performance at MSG? It was an Elton John concert in, next door the MSG theater had a , i Believe Jethro Tull concert going on, when John walked onto stage the crowd was so loud that Jethro stop playing, they thought something bad had happened for the Garden to have gotten so loud. can you Immagine? no pun intended.
    Did you ever hear the story of Lennon's last live performance at MSG? It was an Elton John concert in, next door the MSG theater had a , i Believe Jethro Tull concert going on, when John walked onto stage the crowd was so loud that Jethro stop playing, they thought something bad had happened for the Garden to have gotten so loud. can you Immagine? no pun intended.
    And that proves why John Lennon is the greatest.