If you could bring back a dead rock star?

BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
who would it be and why?

Elvis, Lennon, Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Jackson, Cobain, Stanley, as per example,but any at all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    keith moon
    john entwistle

so i can see the original who
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• scottstappsucksscottstappsucks Posts: 991
    edited August 2010
    Layne Staley, he is my favorite singer. He had a lot more good music in him.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    metsfan wrote:
    keith moon
    john entwistle

so i can see the original who

Nice!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Layne Staley

i was watching AIC , which made me start this thread! :D
  • tmm1212tmm1212 Posts: 6
    edited August 2010
    Bob Marley, Brad Knowles, or Freddie Mercury

I just think that ska/raegge is some of the best music there is out there. As for Freddie Mercury, I would just love to hear how/if their sound changed over time.
    Post edited by tmm1212 on
    Taylor
  • gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    Morrison or Jerry
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • Layne for me but I would also want to go back at least 10 years before he died and change the course of history. There was so much good and unused potential. I need a broader catalog of songs with his voice. I can only get so much from AIC where his voice is alone but then when I listen to Mad Season I just melt. I want to experience more of what was happening vocally with Mad Season minus the drugs. What music he left us with was awesome and I get absolutely sad that the collection is limited and there is no possibility of getting more. It makes me sad.

I feel something similar with Jim Morrison in terms of enjoying his voice but Layne... damn, he was singing to me when I was feeling, or not feeling, before PJ came around. I enjoyed Jim a lot. I was breathing Layne. I still listen to his voice with Mad Season and it just makes me close my eyes and picture him still singing - Take Wake Up, Artificial Red, or Long Gone Day...any of them- give me about 30-40 more of those in his unique vocal style. If you've never watched the YouTube of the Mad Season performance at the Moore, and if you are a Layne fan, it is just pure enjoyment. He seemed really happy and enjoying the experiment.
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    janis joplin. she was the most bad ass female singer.... very few can pour out the soul like her.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• klusterfuk wrote:
    janis joplin. she was the most bad ass female singer.... very few can pour out the soul like her.
    agreed.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    John Denver. Jk. Cobain.
    I'll be back
  • 37pheet37pheet Posts: 433
    The lizard king........for my wife cause she wood shit pickles if she could ever see him..... and mostly likly all the BEATLES at shea stadium.........just my to scents
    John Denver. Jk. Cobain.

i met John Denver, drunk off his ass, could barely walk, my kind of guy :D
  • andrew wood! or would that mean pearl jam breaks up?
    andrew wood! or would that mean pearl jam breaks up?

Was that the guy who O.D. before Eddie met Stone ,Jeff and Mike?
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    Jimi Hendrix, a musical visionary!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,028
    John Henry Bonham. To see the mighty Zep preform and be taught to play!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Skydog himself, Duane Allman.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Jimi Hendrix. It'd be worth it just to hear the album him and Miles Davis were apparently planning.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,028
    Jimi Hendrix. It'd be worth it just to hear the album him and Miles Davis were apparently planning.
    well to expand the thread title a bit then , we'd need Mr. Davis back as well!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them." -- Albert Einstein

10/31/09 Philly, 05/09/10 Cleveland
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    mickeyrat wrote:
    John Henry Bonham. To see the mighty Zep preform and be taught to play!!

+1
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Stevie Ray Vaughan. I feel sorry for a guy who died, through no fault of his own more so than the rock stars who OD'd... Plus, the man could fucking play.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    who would it be and why?

Elvis, Lennon, Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Jackson, Cobain, Stanley, as per example,but any at all.

You obviously know the first one I'd pick is John Lennon. Then I'd pick George Harrison. Beatles reunion? Doubtful. But see them all perform a song or two at someone else's shows would be awesome.

Then I'd pick Hendrix, John Bonham, Keith Moon, and Kurt Cobain.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:
    who would it be and why?

You obviously know the first one I'd pick is John Lennon. Then I'd pick George Harrison. Beatles reunion? Doubtful. But see them all perform a song or two at someone else's shows would be awesome.

Try these.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VSiQ9TawX4

http://www.raintribute.com/index.php?page=rain-beatles-tribute-tickets
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    who would it be and why?

Try these.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VSiQ9TawX4

http://www.raintribute.com/index.php?page=rain-beatles-tribute-tickets

I've heard about them and they're great and saw something on PBS, but it's nothing like seeing the real Beatles live.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    Keith Moon
    The Ox

so they could play with Roger and Pete Townshend
  • Newch91 wrote:
    I've heard about them and they're great and saw something on PBS, but it's nothing like seeing the real Beatles live.
    I can't even imagine.