If you could bring back a dead rock star?

Comments

• bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    Jim Morrison
    Freddy Mercury
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    I would have to toss a coin to decide between Morrison and Hendrix...
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jerry Garcia, SRV, Hendrix

Yrs ago I would have said Cobain also but he can stay dead. I'm not a fan of him or Nirvana anymore.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    He was that great. Love his Woodstock performance.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    jerry.

you can now end the thread ;)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    rick danko richard manuel

why?

cause i want them back.

Right there with you.

I know he isn't a rock star, but after seeing Wu-Tang last night I just want to give a shout out for Old Dirty Bastard. Tip It. 8-)
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
    Shannon Hoon.. the single greatest loss of my generation

Agreed. Change, man, one of the best songs of all time. Good call.

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Cliff Burton, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Shannon Hoon, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, John Bonham, John Lennon...those all pop into my head right away.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    zchick wrote:
    Cliff Burton, Layne Staley, Kurt Cobain, Shannon Hoon, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, John Bonham, John Lennon...those all pop into my head right away.

Forgot about Cliff, Nice one.Cliff+Burton+20060927_CliffBurton.jpg
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    KevDylan wrote:
    Joe Strummer. He left us too soon.

He did indeed - I miss him :cry:

There are so many who left us too early, but I'd love to see Joe back with us.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Wow, only Cliffy and I miss Skydog. Shocking. He was better than all the aforementioned rockers in my book.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Wow, only Cliffy and I miss Skydog. Shocking. He was better than all the aforementioned rockers in my book.

My old boss was a huge fan, scene them in concert like 50 times easy, but my old boss was Dick, so i have negative feelings when ever i hear them, even though i like there music.

It's not there fault, he ruined them! the dickless fuck.
  • Wow, only Cliffy and I miss Skydog. Shocking. He was better than all the aforementioned rockers in my book.

My old boss was a huge fan, scene them in concert like 50 times easy, but my old boss was Dick, so i have negative feelings when ever i hear them, even though i like there music.

I mean, Hendrix was the king, no doubt about it. But Duane was the magic behind the greatest american rock band. He made them soar to new heights. DTrucks is awesome, but nothing like the glory of Skydog. Once again, only 24 when he died. So young.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    zchick wrote:

Forgot about Cliff, Nice one.Cliff+Burton+20060927_CliffBurton.jpg

Was reading through this and thinking, tough choice.... i mean kurt, andy, morrison, layne, shannon etc etc..... i can't decide. then i saw this post.. and yes... i'd love to have seen the original line up of metallica..um, um i mean after dave mustain left... no disrespect i love megadeth,
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    Metallica-band-1986.jpg
    Could you immagine?, buddy of mine caught them in a club in arizona back in 1983, said it was fuckin intense.
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Metallica-band-1986.jpg
    Could you immagine?, buddy of mine caught them in a club in arizona back in 1983, said it was fuckin intense.

one of my friends saw them on the master of puppets tour... a week or so before. :(
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    Metallica-band-1986.jpg

one of my friends saw them on the master of puppets tour... a week or so before. :(

They would be a different band today if he were still around, might have never made a music video :D
    We are being TOTAL ASSES!

Duckin' Fuh! ANDREW WOOD!

No Andy, No PJ!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    zchick wrote:

No Andy, No PJ!

Is it wrong to be glad , some people did die?

wasn't a big fan of the original lead singer of Iron Maiden either.
    zchick wrote:

No Andy, No PJ!

Is it wrong to be glad , some people did die?

wasn't a big fan of the original lead singer of Iron Maiden either.

if that makes you glad then fine...I can't say 'no' because when the kid that relentlessly picked on me thru jr. high school died in a car crash (his fault) I just said 'karma sucks don't it'...anyway, IMHO Andrew Wood was a HPOA.

- Christopher McCandless
    Another shoutout for Skydog.

If you could kill a Rockstar, who would it be?

i'll start Eminem!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Wow, only Cliffy and I miss Skydog. Shocking. He was better than all the aforementioned rockers in my book.

I mean, Hendrix was the king, no doubt about it. But Duane was the magic behind the greatest american rock band. He made them soar to new heights. DTrucks is awesome, but nothing like the glory of Skydog. Once again, only 24 when he died. So young.

Music does not get better than the jams on the Layla sessions.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756

Is it possible to be a dick-less dick? Seems this may violate some law of physics..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13

Is it possible to be a dick-less dick? Seems this may violate some law of physics..

Ya had to know the guy, if ever there was a Dickless Dick, it was Micheal Murphy :twisted:
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    :lol::lol::lol: I think i know the type..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Bob Marley and Bradley from sublime.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,029
    Bon fucking Scott!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14