For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    seems alot of peeps are upset they skipped so far ahead and i agree it still doesn't make sense...they could've gotten in another full season had the show skipped to '28 and went from there

soon as they showed Luciano in Chicago I figured Muller/Van Alden was doomed too

what happened to Sally sucks....i liked her ballsy character

i still don't get the flashbacks within the storyline. altho i dig the scene where Nucky showed Eli the watercloset...

since the bathroom in grandma's old house in AC that my dad was born & raised in had a pull chain toilet just like it...that thing use to freak me out when i was a tiny kidlet...lol
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited September 2014

tonight's episode was a little better. at least something happened with the story.

i thought for sure mueller was a goner.

capone might be the best character on the show these days.

all this^^^...& i agree, Al (Stephen Graham) is bringing it!...hearing rumors of a spinoff w/ him

Drastic divergence from his real accent to that NY accent, BTW:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTCQQvLN4w
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    i really enjoyed this week's episode. agree with everyone on the flashbacks, though they didn't bother me too much this week. liked seeing margarette back.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    did Capone not remember who Jimmy was? nice touch to his character..
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Really??? No comments on this last show??? You guys must be feeling the same way I do about this final season.
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    pjradio said:

Really??? No comments on this last show??? You guys must be feeling the same way I do about this final season.

It feels rushed and incomplete on top of all the time that passed.
  • Options

pjradio said:

i've actually enjoyed this season for the most part...can't believe there is only 3 left.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    well the last episode was strange and alot to take in...

about the flashbacks....where'd they find the actor that plays Nucky as a teenager...haha

when Maranzano got offed, it just so happens Nucky was there ? that's some dramatic license the show took there

since she manged to avoid a prison sentence the dr at the looney bin needs to give Gillian a lobotomy already....the least they can do is leave her drooling in a corner for the rest of her days

when Sigred bragged that her and Eli had been cheating, i wanted to see just how Van Alden was going to lose it. damn those feds...what rotten timing! lol

so Chalky's gunning for Narcisse but instead he finds Daughter...and her lil girl. hmmm might the lil one be around 6 or 7 yrs old? i'd really like to see a happily ever after story for them

i also can't believe there's only 3 episodes left...such a bummer :(

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

pjradio said:

i've actually enjoyed this season for the most part...can't believe there is only 3 left.
    I've enjoyed most of it, just not as much as some of the earlier seasons. I wish they would have stretched just a little more. It feels rushed. After so much time passed in the show, you would think there'd be a lot to cover. 8 episodes isn't enough in my opinion. I hope they wrap it well but that usually doesn't happen. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    prism said:

about the flashbacks....where'd they find the actor that plays Nucky as a teenager...haha

when Maranzano got offed, it just so happens Nucky was there ? that's some dramatic license the show took there

since she manged to avoid a prison sentence the dr at the looney bin needs to give Gillian a lobotomy already....the least they can do is leave her drooling in a corner for the rest of her days

when Sigred bragged that her and Eli had been cheating, i wanted to see just how Van Alden was going to lose it. damn those feds...what rotten timing! lol

so Chalky's gunning for Narcisse but instead he finds Daughter...and her lil girl. hmmm might the lil one be around 6 or 7 yrs old? i'd really like to see a happily ever after story for them

did marazano die (in the show, not real life)? i thought they showed his face hiding behind something at the end of the shootout....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Sundays in fall wont be the same
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

prism said:

did marazano die (in the show, not real life)? i thought they showed his face hiding behind something at the end of the shootout....
    That's what I thought. The last time they showed him, he was alive.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

prism said:

That's what I thought. The last time they showed him, he was alive.
    just went back and watched the episode again...

y'all are right. they did show Maranzano still alive peeking from behind something. wonder why the show wants us to believe he's still alive?
    i must've missed it the 1st time cause i tend to cover my eyes during violent, bloody scenes...also i figured this time they would've followed his historical demise...silly me

did anyone notice at the beginning the teen who told Nucky that Mickey needed to see him and jumped in to help, was the same 15 yr old that Mickey hired at the docks in episode 3? when Nucky asked 'who are you?' even tho the kid replied 'Joe Harper'....betcha he's Tommy Darmody

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747

pjradio said:

I've really enjoyed it but at the same time can't help but be pissed that they only are doing 8 episodes to wrap up the whole series. A whole lot is going to go down in these last 3 episodes....way too rushed.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    Sad but fantastic episode tonight!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    demetrios said:

Sad but fantastic episode tonight!

yeah i hated to see chalky go. i kinda knew it was going to happen. i heard him on a radio interview wednesday and he said that this episode was going to be a huge one for his character. that whole storyline is sad to me. i was hoping chalky would blast narcisse when he first walked in the door, but it didn't happen. that seems to be the moral of the series, if you want to survive, you gotta shoot when you have the chance. i was thinking the little girl was chalky's when narcisse introduced himself to her, but if narcisse had been in touch with baby girl at all over the last 8 years, wouldn't he already know the little girl??

was cool to see mueller become the religious fanatic van alden from the first couple of seasons before snuffing it. i did not like that character back then, but as he began to go to the darkside i liked him much more.

i thought the young jillian was young jimmy, but the timing would all be wrong. i guess nucky introduces gillian to the commodore at some point.

the actor who plays officer nucky really creeps me out.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    it really was one hellava episode

oh man, the last scene was incredibly sad...of all the characters i would've liked to have seen the writers give Chalky (if not a happily ever after) at least a chance to start over with Daughter and her lil girl. since his character was such an interesting and well liked fave i should've known better....i bawled like a baby as much as i did when they offed Harrow... wtf B.E? why Chalky?

i totally agree about Van Alden/Mueller, the first couple seasons he was the asshat everyone loved to hate.... then the more corrupt and twisted he got the more likeable his character became. altho what a bitch his sweet wife Sigred turned into...haha. his story wasn't looking very promising when they had to go back to Capones for the ledgers...the crazy fucker sealed his fate by attacking Capone

yeah the actor that plays the young newlywed Nucky is really creepy...maybe because he resembles pee-wee herman?

on the other hand those scenes between Nucky and the two bar floozies were some of the funniest this show has done....especially the line by the 1st floozy that can't repeated on this forum...and Nucky's reply... LOL
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    so good good show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Good episode! I'm surprised Chalky gave up so easily.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

He got her voice back in his head. He was good at that point.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    JK_Livin said:

True dat!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    i knew they would somehow introduce Gillian .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Sucked to see Chalky and Van Alden go. Things aren't looking promising for Nucky. Only 2 episodes left...so sad. I'm really going to miss this show.
  • Options
    MY NAME IS NELSON CASPER VAN ALDEN!!! AND I AM A SWORN AGENT OF THE TREASURY DEPARTMENT!!! AND I SWEAR BY JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD, JUSTICE WILL RAIN DOWN UPON YOU IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!!!!!!!

hahaha---what a great character
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

MY NAME IS NELSON CASPER VAN ALDEN!!! AND I AM A SWORN AGENT OF THE TREASURY DEPARTMENT!!! AND I SWEAR BY JESUS CHRIST, OUR LORD, JUSTICE WILL RAIN DOWN UPON YOU IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO!!!!!!!

gruesome hit .
    his wife turned out to be a real winner.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUVTQuK2CaWaTgSsoNkn5AiQ&v=pPBRsfLvZBU
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    JK_Livin said:

he had been fighting for so long... sometimes you lose the will to fight on... you realize that even if you win temporarily, in his line of work, at some point everyone loses...

i agree, her voice was pretty much the last thing he heard.

i think he just knew it was his time.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

he had been fighting for so long... sometimes you lose the will to fight on... you realize that even if you win temporarily, in his line of work, at some point everyone loses...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVAxTP-GLlM
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    prism said:

JK_Livin said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVAxTP-GLlM
    that is one uppity shine
    chinese-happy.jpg