Options

HBO: Boardwalk Empire

Comments

• Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    tonight's the series finale...

since BE has chucked history out the window and doesn't do happy endings...i'm hesitant to get my hopes up

damn...it f'n sucks to see such a great show come to an end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1o_0xRLxUE&list=PLO79iP69FaZOYtjEpHb2OMIQgzu4qRduM
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    rip nuck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    i really liked this episode.

the part with capone and his son was really touching.

i finally understand the reason for the flashbacks. it really showed how nuck, jillian, the commodore, etc, all got involved.

who would have guessed Jimmy's brother would be the one to kill nuck??

i really liked this series.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

i really liked this episode.

the part with capone and his son was really touching.

i finally understand the reason for the flashbacks. it really showed how nuck, jillian, the commodore, etc, all got involved.

who would have guessed Jimmy's brother would be the one to kill nuck??

i really liked this series.

It was Jimmy's son. Great show. I wish it would have lasted longer.
  • Options
    weeks ago when i figured out that kid was Jimmy Darmody's son Tommy I knew they'd write the script to end like that...RIP fictional Nucky

all season it was obvious that Gillian was crazy like a fox...there's no way she ever forgot or forgave Nucky for introducing her to the Commodore or for killing Jimmy...

i wish the show would've continued for another season or two also

the real Nucky was convicted of tax evasion in 1941. before going to prison he married his second wife (a showgirl 25 yrs younger) and was paroled in '45. the man lived to be 85 years old and died of natural causes in a nursing home in Northfield in 1968
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I thought they wrapped it up well. I knew something was up with that kid the way he begged Micky to help. I figured he was a mole for someone but wasn't thinking Jillian.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Stephen Graham doesn't get nearly enough credit for his portrayal of Capone. He's the only person (including Deniro) who has ever made him human and not just some caricature of a gangster. Here's hoping he gets ALOT more work now that this series is over.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

Stephen Graham doesn't get nearly enough credit for his portrayal of Capone. He's the only person (including Deniro) who has ever made him human and not just some caricature of a gangster. Here's hoping he gets ALOT more work now that this series is over.

this

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271
    you are right, it was the son... i had forgotten jimmy had a son since he had not been featured for awhile.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,778
    Was out of town over the weekend and finally got around to watching the finale. Great finale. Definitely expected to see Nucky die, but surprised it happened that way. Really going to miss this show.
  • Options
    i agree Stephan Graham did an outstanding job of portraying Capone.

it is such a bummer there's no more B.E to look forward to on sunday nights in autumn....

not an episode went by that didn't make me wonder what my Dad and Mom would've thought about this show. my family moved away from AC just the year before i was born... i'd give anything give to hear my parents sentiments about it...now my eyes are leaking...dammit
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    really sad its over..loved it..great show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Dimi, try Showtime's new show "The Affair". 3 episodes in and it is excellent. Nothing like Boardwalk, but a really good show so far. It has McNulty from The Wire
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,054

Dimi, try Showtime's new show "The Affair". 3 episodes in and it is excellent. Nothing like Boardwalk, but a really good show so far. It has McNulty from The Wire
    Agreed! :-bd
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Great final season. I like how they showed the flashbacks worked with the current story. Flashbacks showing Nucky going from do gooder to slowly going to the dark side. Current story showing a kind of regression. Going from bad guy to trying to make right in his way. With both stories meeting at the point of his death. One of the best series ever.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I think all of the flashbacks this season was all to lead up to that final scene, so I really didn't have a problem with them. I found myself actually sympathizing with Gillian. She was crazy, but man, Nucky did her wrong. I knew Nucky would take a hit, but I didn't see the kid being Gillian's grandson. I guess part of it is he is really too old to be her grandson, right? Anyway, epic series and it closed with a bang. That scene with Narcisse getting taken out took what, like 30 seconds? Wow, I thought they'd give him a bit more screen time in this last episode. I'm really going to miss this show. One of my three favorite shows, gone for good.
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    gabers said:

I'm really going to miss this show. One of my three favorite shows, gone for good.

what are your other two?
  • Options

im watching episode 4 right now :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Atta boy! =D>

If you want something really weird and off the radar, find a show called Black Mirror. Each episode stands on it's own so you don't need to see them all or even see them in order. It's kind of like a modern day Twilight Zone. There are only 6 or 8 of them. Not all of them are great but most are good and the episode "White Bear" is one of the most clever episodes of telvision I've ever seen. Check it out.
  • Options

Atta boy! =D>

If you want something really weird and off the radar, find a show called Black Mirror. Each episode stands on it's own so you don't need to see them all or even see them in order. It's kind of like a modern day Twilight Zone. There are only 6 or 8 of them. Not all of them are great but most are good and the episode "White Bear" is one of the most clever episodes of telvision I've ever seen. Check it out.
    ill check it..

that chiclk a the affair is so hot..sex scenes was great
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Yarden said:

gabers said:

I'm really going to miss this show. One of my three favorite shows, gone for good.

what are your other two?
    Game of Thrones and Walking Dead. I don't see either ending for a while. I'm also a big fan of The Americans.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,750
    edited February 2015
    I can't read this thread because I only just started binge-watching this show. I'm into season 3 now. Wow, what a great show!!! Every time I think things can't be more fucked up, they are, lol.
    I am completely taken with two storylines: The masked man, and Michael Shannon's character.
    I have also never wished for the death of a character as much as I am for the death of Rossetti. What a psycho. Although the actor who plays him is amazing. Great character. I love watching him. I guess it's so well done that I just can't handle the pure psychopathy.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote: »
    I can't read this thread because I only just started binge-watching this show. I'm into season 3 now. Wow, what a great show!!! Everything I think things can't be more fucked up, they are, lol.
    I am completely taken with two storylines: The masked man, and Michael Shannon's character.
    I have also never wished for the death of a character as much as I am for the death of Rossetti. What a psycho. Although the actor who plays him is amazing. Great character. I love watching him. I guess it's so well done that I just can't handle the pure psychopathy.

i like cos u are into the same shows as me :)
  • Options
    I can't read this thread because I only just started binge-watching this show. I'm into season 3 now. Wow, what a great show!!! Everything I think things can't be more fucked up, they are, lol.

Yeah it was a great show--especially the first three seasons.

Would you like me to tell you what happens next?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Oh man- that actor who played Rosetti is so good in that role. Pretty sure he won an Emmy for that season. Man, I'm really going to miss this show.
  • Options
    http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/08/boardwalk-empire-character-facts/

always wondered if my family knew any of the real ppl the show was based on.

i recently discovered my great, great grandparents owned a hotel in A.C. during the 1880's -1900, near the train depot, a block & 1/2 from the boardwalk/beach. it was also 1/2 block from the Kuehnle 'the Commodore's' hotel.

then Holy Shit! looking through a bunch of old newspaper archives (including the NYT) i found proof a relative was associated with the Commodore's political shenanigans...obviously Nucky and his Dad the Sheriff as well. hard to f'n believe what i read....mind-boggling stuff!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    miss this show
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    +1
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

miss this show

Winter's new show Vinyl looks awesome. Starts in February.
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

miss this show

Winter's new show Vinyl looks awesome. Starts in February.
    is there a trailer out yet?
    aqo2t.jpg