FIVE GUYS vs. IN 'N OUT ....which is better?

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Guy just walked by with some Five Guys. Smelled so good.
  • I havent had In 'n' out, so i cant judge.
    It was a long time ago, but I thought Five Guys was very overpriced. Tasty, but a fat burger,fries and drink was like 11 bucks or more..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I havent had In 'n' out, so i cant judge.
    It was a long time ago, but I thought Five Guys was very overpriced. Tasty, but a fat burger,fries and drink was like 11 bucks or more..

Sounds about right.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    In 'N Out is so overrated. The fries are some of the worst I have ever had and the burgers taste a lot like a big mac
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    In 'N Out is so overrated. The fries are some of the worst I have ever had and the burgers taste a lot like a big mac

Wow, are you sure it was in n out??? Neve ever had it taste like a Big Mac before. Had 5 guys last sat, fucken tastes great. I live on the east coast so I can't have in n out until I visit Cali.
    badbrains wrote:

Wow, are you sure it was in n out??? Neve ever had it taste like a Big Mac before. Had 5 guys last sat, fucken tastes great. I live on the east coast so I can't have in n out until I visit Cali.

Certainly. Been there many times

You're kooky.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    DS1119 wrote:

You're kooky.
    agreed!!!
    worst fries???
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

You're kooky.
    agreed!!!
    worst fries???

nasty little fuckers
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    DS1119 wrote:

You're kooky.

Indeed.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    mooyah is good
    LloydXmas wrote:
    mooyah is good

I'm a little short of the $200,000 liquidity required to open one. Damn it.

http://www.mooyah.com/franchise-info/
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DS1119 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    mooyah is good

double, with bacon, blue cheese, lettuce tomato, pickles and ketchup
    LloydXmas wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    mooyah is good

double, with bacon, blue cheese, lettuce tomato, pickles and ketchup

No mustard?
    5 guys or In n Out....does it really matter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpyD7KoAA20
    edited March 2013
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Yummy
    Double Double Animal Style from In n Out just scratches an itch, for some reason.
    5 Guys is super yummy, a lot more expensive, and the frie overload is great.
    Any place you can slap pickles, jalapenos, fried onions, banana peppers, A1, hot sauce & mushrooms is worth it... (so I'll go 5 Guys :0)
    Not seeing too many people talk up Carvers Famous Butter Burger - hell of a burger - with a side of cheese curds :)
    Shake Shack is awesome
    Hodads in Ocean Beach however, holds the crown :)
    Holy cow do I want a hungover 10 am greasy burger right now :)

Culver's

Not Carver's :D
    Post edited by peacefrompaul on
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    five guys is new here, they built 3 or 4 near-by. we tried it, liked it a lot, went back a few times. now it doesn't seem so great.

Red Robin on the other hand is still pretty decent.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    five guys is new here, they built 3 or 4 near-by. we tried it, liked it a lot, went back a few times. now it doesn't seem so great.

Went to 5 Guys for the 1st time last week. Doesn't even come close to Red Robin.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Went to 5 Guys for the 1st time last week. Doesn't even come close to Red Robin.

but it is the "best $5 burger a man can eat"
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Hmmm...their fries must be expensive, i had a burger and fries for almost $10.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

were you able to finish the fries?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

Are you saying I'm fat?

Yes.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

true. we had the two of us and my three sons and it had to have been $50. Red Robin was more, maybe $70 for 4 of us last weekend
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    RKCNDY wrote:

Are you saying I'm fat?

Yes.

Can a fat guy climb a pole as fast as you can?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Are you saying I'm fat?

Yes.

Can a fat guy climb a pole as fast as you can?

:think: I like riddles.

:think: I like riddles.

I like cheese
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    Not to derail but since this thread started back in 2010.....

Smashburger > (Five Guys + In N Out), and BBP (Bobby's Burger Palace, Bobby Flay's ode to burgers) is better than all of 'em.

Choosing between the thread starter, I say Five Guys.
  • MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Five Guys
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    everytime this thread pops up I say the same shit..

2 words.. White motherfucking Castle
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    everytime this thread pops up I say the same shit..

2 words.. White motherfucking Castle

Used to drive 20 minutes for the white mawfookin castle