Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    399607_4342759657595_1341798238_n.jpg
    #FHP
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    Horos wrote:
    399607_4342759657595_1341798238_n.jpg

:nono: It's go time.

I see they're going to start random drug testing for your smokey smokey Ducks, look out!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Funny

For the Big Ten, a conference desperate to restore some luster to its image, it was just the latest dud on the national stage. As Jon Solomon, a writer in Alabama points outs, the Big Ten has now lost 10 consecutive non-conference games against top-five teams, and the average margin of defeat of all those losses has been 16 points.

Overall, the Big Ten went 10-2 in Week One. Sounds good, although if anything, the league probably lost even more footing from a perception standpoint. One of its glamour programs, Michigan, got thrashed on the biggest stage of the opening weekend; Penn State was knocked off by a MAC school; Wisconsin had its hands full with Northern Iowa; Iowa barely survived against NIU and Minnesota struggled mightily with a UNLV program that was 4-21 the past two seasons.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Funny

For the Big Ten, a conference desperate to restore some luster to its image, it was just the latest dud on the national stage. As Jon Solomon, a writer in Alabama points outs, the Big Ten has now lost 10 consecutive non-conference games against top-five teams, and the average margin of defeat of all those losses has been 16 points.

Overall, the Big Ten went 10-2 in Week One. Sounds good, although if anything, the league probably lost even more footing from a perception standpoint. One of its glamour programs, Michigan, got thrashed on the biggest stage of the opening weekend; Penn State was knocked off by a MAC school; Wisconsin had its hands full with Northern Iowa; Iowa barely survived against NIU and Minnesota struggled mightily with a UNLV program that was 4-21 the past two seasons.

One reason why Purdue is the darkhorse for the Legends division (I'm hoping it happens)!
    Go Beavers wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Funny

One reason why Purdue is the darkhorse for the Legends division (I'm hoping it happens)!

can't believe they're starting furbush today. marve was great last week (albeit against a weak team). I still think they give ND all they can handle today.

doesn't look right seeing names on the psu jerseys.
  • GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    RW81233 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    God damn, penn state looked like they had an offense for the first time in forever and then they didn't. Brutal. They are now Ohio. Wish my grandfather didn't have to see this.

Their wide receiver running back is hurt...fuck.
    Edit: That's 175 straight losses...I forgot that the 111 didn't count the 62 losses that were there too. It doesn't get old hating this school. 5 0-11s in a row would be perfect.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    You know, when you're a UVa alum, you'll take any victory you can get. I do feel sorry for the Penn State kicker though.
  • 4 missed field goals for Penn St. Karma is a bitch. :lol::lol::lol:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    ulm-warhawks.jpeg

SEC!...SEC!...SEC!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    4 missed field goals for Penn St. Karma is a bitch. :lol::lol::lol:

yeah because that poor kid had something to do with what happened over a decade ago. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited September 2012
    Utica College 45 Union College 17

Should be ranked number 1 in the nation come this week. :lol:
    Post edited by DS1119 on
    Heisenberg wrote:
    ulm-warhawks.jpeg

SEC!...SEC!...SEC!

big 10 was even worse yesterday than it was in week 1...hard to believe.

anyone else hear eric crouch say the big 12 is better than the SEC? what a knucklehead

games last night were awesome. so glad to have cfb back in my life
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393

yeah because that poor kid had something to do with what happened over a decade ago. :roll:
    just like the poor kids that play for the U, Memphis, USC, and others who have had coaches up and leave, get sanctions, or because other kids (who aren't getting compensated at a rate consistent with the money they are bringing in) took some form of cash or gifts costing these schools various sanctions. I have never seen you feel bad for them. I don't like the NCAA taking anything away from anyone, but, if they are gonna do it, I'm pretty sure raping kids is the best reason they've ever had.
  • 4 missed field goals for Penn St. Karma is a bitch. :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah that "poor kid" plays for a shitty organization that had a lot to do with what happened a decade ago. Keep rolling your eyes! They don't deserve to ever win again and should of been shut down.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Yeah that "poor kid" plays for a shitty organization that had a lot to do with what happened a decade ago. Keep rolling your eyes! They don't deserve to ever win again and should of been shut down.
    Catholic church should be shut down too....cess pool leader
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Where is our friend from wisconsin :wave:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

:wave: He might need a Beaver hug today.

img20110995.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Funny

can't believe they're starting furbush today. marve was great last week (albeit against a weak team). I still think they give ND all they can handle today.

Everyone except the coaches wants to see Marve start. Maybe he will with the better numbers yesterday. At least we gave them a game in South Bend, which doesn't happen very often.
    Go Beavers wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

Everyone except the coaches wants to see Marve start. Maybe he will with the better numbers yesterday. At least we gave them a game in South Bend, which doesn't happen very often.

they shoudl have won. that pick turbush threw cost them the game.

the two qb thing is so stupid. marve is so much better than the other options. playing two qbs makes it tougher for anyone to get into a rhythm.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:

Catholic church should be shut down too....cess pool leader
    Well said.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:

I'm still here. Didn't deserve to win, played like crap. Not a fan of the new O coordinator. When it's a 10-0 game in the 4th qtr and your heisman trophy candidate RB has just 14 rush attempts that's a problem. No excuse not to be running the ball more. Gonna be a long year. Could easily be PUR or IL going to Indy.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The Fixer wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

the two qb thing is so stupid. marve is so much better than the other options. playing two qbs makes it tougher for anyone to get into a rhythm.
    Purdue squandered that game in typical fashion. Marve should have started after coming off a hot game. Terbush should have gotten his chance if Marve was failing.

dumb. dumb. dumb.
    Jason P wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

Purdue squandered that game in typical fashion. Marve should have started after coming off a hot game. Terbush should have gotten his chance if Marve was failing.

dumb. dumb. dumb.

That's what I was mentioning earlier in the thread about getting a couple losses that should'be been wins due to boneheaded coaching decisions. There's other ones, too, like when they're in the red zone and Purdue comes out of the time out looking confused, like a team running out of time with no timeouts, only to get a delay of game penalty. It's all part of the agony of being a Purdue fan. And to swing on that, no results from the MRI on Marve's knee, but it looks like there may be some acl damage. :cry: I guess the QB issue might be settled after all.
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm still here. Didn't deserve to win, played like crap. Not a fan of the new O coordinator. When it's a 10-0 game in the 4th qtr and your heisman trophy candidate RB has just 14 rush attempts that's a problem. No excuse not to be running the ball more. Gonna be a long year. Could easily be PUR or IL going to Indy.

I know you Badger fans get a bad rap, but everyone I met at the game was cool. Maybe things are different when you're in Madison.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    Go Beavers wrote:

I know you Badger fans get a bad rap

:lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Go Beavers wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    81 wrote:

I know you Badger fans get a bad rap, but everyone I met at the game was cool. Maybe things are different when you're in Madison.

How many Badger fans made the trip? I went out to vegas a few years ago when we opened the season at UNLV, and the whole town was red, great time. I think it's bad wherever you go as a visiting fan. Maybe the BAC of most people in Madison makes it worse.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    If i make it up for the buckeye game....can i have a hug
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :lol:
    pureoc wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:
    pureoc wrote:

How many Badger fans made the trip? I went out to vegas a few years ago when we opened the season at UNLV, and the whole town was red, great time. I think it's bad wherever you go as a visiting fan. Maybe the BAC of most people in Madison makes it worse.

I don't know how many tickets allotted to them were sold, but there was also a good number sprinkled around randomly, too. I chatted/said hey to about 20 or so.