Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Sounds like the Big XII is about to get bigger.  As a WVU alum/fan, I guess that's good, but man I'd rather be in a regional conference.  Fuckin' early-2000s ACC.
    Regional conferences....how quaint.  
    the idea of the “student athlete” is fucking quaint, too….at least in big time hoops and football.

The only ones that call them student-athletes are the NCAA
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,925
    South Park Student GIF - South Park Student Atholates - Discover  Share  GIFs
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    CU buffalo behind him. are you telling me Coach Prime isn’t bringing in “student athletes”?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,925
    Wobbie said:
    CU buffalo behind him. are you telling me Coach Prime isn’t bringing in “student athletes”?
    If Neon Deion wasn't on the up and up, I don't think I could bear it.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    I doubt anyone could convince me these mega-conferences are in any way “good for college football.”

I’d love to hear someone try, though.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The Utah AD is really trying to spin this. He actually said there were some “incredible cities” in the Big 12. Waco, Lubbock, Stillwater and Ames to name a few. Are those even “cities”? Yeah, way better than SoCal, the Bay Area, Phoenix, Seattle, etc. No Utah fan is happy about joining this hick conference.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Week Zero is upon us!

fuck USC.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Fuck Michigan and Bama, also.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Wobbie said:
    Agreed
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,773
    Wobbie said:
    Week Zero is upon us!

fuck USC.
    Wobbie said:
    I think we just because best friends! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Anyone else read about or considered the idea that some of the marquee programs venture out on their own and, like ND, become independent? I'm referring to the biggest brands (Texas, Bama, Florida State, UGA, Michigan, LSU and Ohio State) doing this in football only and leaving the other sports alone. Those football programs can support themselves independently. I like the idea. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    edited August 2023
    Anyone else read about or considered the idea that some of the marquee programs venture out on their own and, like ND, become independent? I'm referring to the biggest brands (Texas, Bama, Florida State, UGA, Michigan, LSU and Ohio State) doing this in football only and leaving the other sports alone. Those football programs can support themselves independently. I like the idea. 
    Hahaha.  I love how you baited me into replying by leaving out a program that has far more history than some of those others.  

I have read about that and see how it can make sense.
    The NCAA is a bunch of crooks anyhow.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Hahaha.  I love how you baited me into replying by leaving out a program that has far more history than some of those others.  

I have read about that and see how it can make sense.
    The NCAA is a bunch of crooks anyhow.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that Oklahoma could probably support themselves as well. Hahahaha! It has been awhile my man! Hope all is well.

Yeah, I mean, why do all those schools have to play by the dumb NCAA rules. If the top tier teams began to branch out, there is no way the NCAA would exclude them. In that event, the teams listed above (and maybe UCLA) could just form their own league independent of the NCAA. NCAA football would be toast!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    Ha, right on.
    We gotta meet up in a few weeks.
  • Options
    I haven’t read or thought about the pros and cons, but my first inclination is I don’t like it. I think it would dictate “who’s who” forever and not allow for other non-traditional powers to bubble up occasionally.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I haven’t read or thought about the pros and cons, but my first inclination is I don’t like it. I think it would dictate “who’s who” forever and not allow for other non-traditional powers to bubble up occasionally.
    Correct.  However it would also allow other sports to escape the sucking vortex of greed that is football and ncaa.  Think of how bad it is going to be for non-football sports (most who will have many more games) to travel coast to coast as part of conference play....
  • Options

he was talking about programs that have been relevant in the past 20 years.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

he was talking about programs that have been relevant in the past 20 years.
    Hahaha.
    Suck it, Wobert!   ;)
    Still relevant!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Go Dawgs!! 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Ha, right on.
    We gotta meet up in a few weeks
    My man! Are you coming to the Indy show?
  • Options
    Ha, right on.
    We gotta meet up in a few weeks
    My man! Are you coming to the Indy show?
    Yes 
  • Options
    In today's episode of F the NCAA

I am a Mississippi State alum/fan. We got a grad transfer TE from TCU. Graduated from TCU in December but because they played in the national championship game on January 9th the academic advisors at TCU told him he needed to enroll in classes for the Spring semester which started on January 13th. They told him this would not affect anything if he did intend to transfer, but it would cover him if he chose to stay. He transfers back to MSU where he played for two years out of HS (transferred to TCU when Mike Leach came in and his scheme did not use a TE) but today is ruled ineligible by the NCAA because "he didn't complete the spring semester at TCU. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,901
    Colorado/TCU game was fun no exciting to watch. Colorado could surprise a lot of teams this year.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    We look like trash. Wait til next year...
  • Options
    Colorado/TCU game was fun no exciting to watch. Colorado could surprise a lot of teams this year.
    I think TCU is the last they’ll “surprise.”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Sanders as qb looked ridiculous 
    He appears to be real deal.
    Fun game for Buffs fans, I'm sure.  (All 12 of them?   ;) )
  • Options
    Two things can be true. Colorado can be better than people thought they would be at this point and TCU can be worse than people thought they would be at this point. 

• Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Two things can be true. Colorado can be better than people thought they would be at this point and TCU can be worse than people thought they would be at this point. 

I'm buying the hype on Colorado.  The kids want to play for Coach Prime.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Pathetic showing by Clemson
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

I'm buying the hype on Colorado.  The kids want to play for Coach Prime.
    The kids playing out doesn't mean they will be great....but that was fun.  I'm going to the USC game in Boulder this year, looks like it could be 1014 to 1010 Final score.  :lol: