This game is just unfair 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Holy Poop, Oklahoma!   If we wanted to see a team lose by a billion points in the CFP we would have asked Notre Dame to the dance.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    The Ohio St. running back looks pretty impressive
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,772
    Jason P said:
    Holy Poop, Oklahoma!   If we wanted to see a team lose by a billion points in the CFP we would have asked Notre Dame to the dance.
    You do realize Clemson beat Bama by a greater margin than Notre Dame last year, right?

I believe Oklahoma is now 0-4 in the CFP and suffered the worst defeat than any team thus far in the CFP's short history. ND got crushed last year and the anti ND folks were saying they should not be allowed in the playoffs, regardless of anything else, until they won multiple big time games. Curious what the Paul Finebaums of the world think about Oklahoma and how they should be perceived moving forward.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    Good fucking game here. Not happy with a couple of the calls against osu but otherwise some solid football on both sides of the ball.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    mickeyrat said:
    Good fucking game here. Not happy with a couple of the calls against osu but otherwise some solid football on both sides of the ball.
    i am a little disappointed Clemson got a TD instead of a FG at the end because I wanted to see the Ohio State coach get ripped for the moronic decision not to go for 2 after their last TD.  there is literally no reason to kick an extra point to make it a 2 point lead.  that was a really good game though.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    THE Ohio State, so much better than LSU, should have been #1, a much better resume than LSU

THE Ohio State, the best team ever in College Football

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    That was a classic game.  That receiver makes that break to the corner endzone 0.5 seconds earlier and the QB probably makes the read and State wins the game.  And if the receiver just completes his route maybe the pass is broken up and ... well, who knows?  Something for all the Ohio State fans to think about for the next several months.  

• Options
    Looking at the glass half full for Ohio State, they got the traditional post-game meal of Papa Johns pizza. Good times!

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I think Day should have gone for it on 4th and 4 inside of the Clemson 40 with 3 minutes left to go,  I understand that Clemson only needed a FG to take the lead, but I wish head coaches would take the mindset that the best chance you have to beat a team as good as a “Clemson” is by not trying to win the game with your defense or going with “conventional” thinking.  
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    I think Day should have gone for it on 4th and 4 inside of the Clemson 40 with 3 minutes left to go,  I understand that Clemson only needed a FG to take the lead, but I wish head coaches would take the mindset that the best chance you have to beat a team as good as a “Clemson” is by not trying to win the game with your defense or going with “conventional” thinking.  
    I was surprised by this since Day is not conservative. 

That td reversal was total bullshit. 
  • Options
    THE Ohio State, so much better than LSU, should have been #1, a much better resume than LSU

THE Ohio State, the best team ever in College Football

Yes if only they were as good as say,  Penn State who could barely stop fucking Memphis.  They almost embarrassed the entire conference with their anemic game day management,  as usual. 
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Go Tigers!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Go Tigers!
    Wait a minute... oh I see what you did there. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Lol what does penn state have to do with anything. Ohio state is big mad 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Those are comments from someone in Pennsylvania,  written like someone that's tired of their team's game day underperformance. 

And clearly troll comments considering no one posted such nonsense about the Buckeyes being the greatest team ever, that I can see.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    I knew OSU was fucked when they had to settle for FG’s 3x in the first half. the dobbins’ drop was a sure TD and, altho the call was “right” I hate the reversal of his almost TD catch....a RB or WR or whoever can slam the ball ON the line with one hand and lose the ball (after a “football move”) but Dobbins’ bobble on the ground A YARD PAST THE LINE isn’t a score. fuck me.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Those are comments from someone in Pennsylvania,  written like someone that's tired of their team's game day underperformance. 

And clearly troll comments considering no one posted such nonsense about the Buckeyes being the greatest team ever, that I can see.  
    First of all, I am not from Pennsylvania, you know what they say about people that assume. Also assuming I am a Penn State Fan, guess you are 0-2 mrussel1 with your bold assumptions. And take 2 seconds are read anything posted by any Ohio State Fan online. Their elitist attitude over the years is old. Blaming the loss on the officials on one questionable call.  Funny reading tOSU fans complaining about not gettng calls. 
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    mrussel1 said:

First of all, I am not from Pennsylvania, you know what they say about people that assume. Also assuming I am a Penn State Fan, guess you are 0-2 mrussel1 with your bold assumptions. And take 2 seconds are read anything posted by any Ohio State Fan online. Their elitist attitude over the years is old. Blaming the loss on the officials on one questionable call.  Funny reading tOSU fans complaining about not gettng calls. 
    Im am an Ohio state fan.  Find somewhere that I posted those types of statements,  since you said "any". My bad on assuming you were from Pittsburgh.   I guess you are just "weather". 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I knew OSU was fucked when they had to settle for FG’s 3x in the first half. the dobbins’ drop was a sure TD and, altho the call was “right” I hate the reversal of his almost TD catch....a RB or WR or whoever can slam the ball ON the line with one hand and lose the ball (after a “football move”) but Dobbins’ bobble on the ground A YARD PAST THE LINE isn’t a score. fuck me.
    It was one of  those games where you felt the football gods were not with you.  Day made a few questionable calls,  but the team played their ass off and that's all you can all for.  I like the way Day has them ready for every game. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Im am an Ohio state fan.  Find somewhere that I posted those types of statements,  since you said "any". My bad on assuming you were from Pittsburgh.   I guess you are just "weather". 
    Wow, just wow. I take it back, the other 99% other than you since you are so literal about it.  And I guess you are a State fan since when Tressel, or Meyer?  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Wow, just wow. I take it back, the other 99% other than you since you are so literal about it.  And I guess you are a State fan since when Tressel, or Meyer?  
    No since Woody.  I was born and raised in Cleveland. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,801
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

and endured Cooper.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

and endured Cooper.......
    Why yes... yes I did.  Interestingly, I was in the Outback Bowl stands in Tampa during his last game against the 'Cocks.  I happened to be sitting among a group of boosters.  At halftime they took an informal vote on Coop's future.  He lost the vote.  He was gone within a few days, if I recall the timeline correctly.  Boosters are powerful.  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    This is why you can't have 8 teams...
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Yeah, four is plenty.  It's not fair to a player that is looking to be drafted as well.  An extra game to get injured is what it amounts to.  Could end up costing them millions while the NCAA profits.  
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    Yeah, four is plenty.  It's not fair to a player that is looking to be drafted as well.  An extra game to get injured is what it amounts to.  Could end up costing them millions while the NCAA profits.  
    I admit that during mid year I always get caught up in the "need more teams" cries and then I watch the games and remember why it's good to have only 4 teams...

I really do hope that Miami makes football relevant in that college for just one more run in my lifetime.  It was really fun when they won and been a big let down for the last 20 years or so...
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    Jason P said:
    I admit that during mid year I always get caught up in the "need more teams" cries and then I watch the games and remember why it's good to have only 4 teams...

I really do hope that Miami makes football relevant in that college for just one more run in my lifetime.  It was really fun when they won and been a big let down for the last 20 years or so...
    I was thinking of the Willis McGahee injury against Ohio State in the championship game, years ago.  He was looking to possibly go #1 to the Raiders and ended up dropping to the 3rd round ... and that is back when rookies made uber-bank on contracts before Sam Bradford got $50M+ and the owners decided no more of this.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    I got 10-1 odds on the Tigers today.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I got 10-1 odds on the Tigers today.
    I got the Tigers too, I think it's a lock.