Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    I'm for Harbaugh losing - every chance we get!

still smarting from “what’s your deal?”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Wobbie said:
    I'm for Harbaugh losing - every chance we get!

still smarting from “what’s your deal?”
    From him being a general doucher and the asswipe that has to think he is the smartest guy in every room.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    One of the post game questions hurt Harbaugh's feelings.  To be honest, it was a direct insult right in Jimmy's face ... I'm not sure if we should call people in the post game 'reporters' anymore.  They just poke angry bears and hope juicy gossip stories pop out for clicks.  Either that or they have a history ... . 

• Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    I don’t care who LSU is playing, Ohio State is the best team this year.  They have steam-rolled everyone they have played.  Most balanced offense/defense of anyone.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    I think Ohio State is the best in college football right now. But I think LSU is taking it all this year.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Alabama rolls out of the playoffs.  And with controversy!  Hopefully no one stabs their gramma with a steak knife tonight in SEC country
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,627
    Oklahoma has the door wide open now. 
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    The 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes are the best college team I have seen since the 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers.  OSU will win the national championship this year.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    A Bama loss and a Michigan loss. I'll gladly take that! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    What is the argument for Utah over Oklahoma?  Is a USC loss really that much better than Kansas State?  Is the Pac 12 that much better than the Big 12?  it's interesting to see that most people have Utah as the 4 and Oklahoma as "needing help".  When I watch the two play, I feel like Jalen is the difference.  He's so dangerous.  As a Buckeye fan, I'd rather play Utah than OU.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    Jason P said:
    Alabama rolls out of the playoffs.  And with controversy!  Hopefully no one stabs their gramma with a steak knife tonight in SEC country
    I meant to record that game and forgot to. All I saw were the highlights. What was the controversy?
    The 1 second before half or the 12 men at the end? At least from the highlights both seemed like legit plays/calls.
    I found it very fitting Auburn asked for 1 second, attempted a kick and made it.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Jason P said:
    I meant to record that game and forgot to. All I saw were the highlights. What was the controversy?
    The 1 second before half or the 12 men at the end? At least from the highlights both seemed like legit plays/calls.
    I found it very fitting Auburn asked for 1 second, attempted a kick and made it.
    Saban was complaining about both plays. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Jason P said:
    Saban was complaining about both plays. 
    Sana’a also complained when his punter couldn’t run through the defensive line by himself on that horrible fake punk in last year’s championship game.
    He likes to complain.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    The 1 second before the half was bullshit.  The last play of the game was not.
  • Options
    Saban should be pissed to go out like that though.  To lose on a friggin penalty?
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Go Dawgs!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Saban should be pissed to go out like that though.  To lose on a friggin penalty?
    Definitely should be pissed.  Dude teaches discipline like it's going out of style (which is a good thing, because it kinda is).
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    One of the post game questions hurt Harbaugh's feelings.  To be honest, it was a direct insult right in Jimmy's face ... I'm not sure if we should call people in the post game 'reporters' anymore.  They just poke angry bears and hope juicy gossip stories pop out for clicks.  Either that or they have a history ... . 

for $7.5M per year ($20,000+ per day), harbaugh should have sucked it up and addressed the question.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    My boss' daughter rushed back from Turkey day so she could attend the Iron Bowl game.  She was smart to do so.  She got to storm the field too.  Nothing better than storming the field after a game!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,690
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    My boss' daughter rushed back from Turkey day so she could attend the Iron Bowl game.  She was smart to do so.  She got to storm the field too.  Nothing better than storming the field after a game!
    I stormed the field in 2006 when Ohio State beat Michigan 41-39. That was the #1 vs 2 game.  It was also the last grass game so we took pieces of the sod with us.  I sang Carmen Ohio under the band director.  It was a damn dream come true.  Then my wife left the camera in a restaurant on the way home to Virginia. Lost all the pictures.  And it was lost in Pittsburgh,  too add insult. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I stormed the field in 2006 when Ohio State beat Michigan 41-39. That was the #1 vs 2 game.  It was also the last grass game so we took pieces of the sod with us.  I sang Carmen Ohio under the band director.  It was a damn dream come true.  Then my wife left the camera in a restaurant on the way home to Virginia. Lost all the pictures.  And it was lost in Pittsburgh,  too add insult. 
    I wish I had taken more pics of all the stuff that I did...  Oh well.  Love the story though!

Where is the grass now?

I stormed the meadowlands, twice, during Navy's upset of Army in 1989.  It was the first time being played elsewhere and I was there.  Jumped down on the field, encouraged my friends to do the same as they didn't think it was a great idea, lol.  We jumped around in the endzone then came back in.

I decided that that wasn't enough and wanted to do it again so I jumped down w my friends accompanying.  I said this time that I was "dancing on Hoffa" ,lol!  Jumped up to touch the goal post as high as I could, punched the padding and thought about making a beeline towards the players to hang out but chickened out...  I was 14.

No pics to prove nothin'...
  • Options
    I believe you,  even without the pics. 

I planted the sod in my backyard in Richmond.  It did fine,  but sold the house a year later.  It was a great experience and an epic game.  Of course they got smoked a month later after Troy Smith got fat on the Hiesman circuit and Ginn sprained an ankle after celebrating the opening kickoff td.  Hopefully not this year. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    I'll be at the SEC Championship game on Saturday.  Ya'll look for me on tv.  I'll be wearing red  ;)  I'll also be repping PJ in some form or fashion like I always do.   GO DAWGS!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I believe you,  even without the pics. 

I planted the sod in my backyard in Richmond.  It did fine,  but sold the house a year later.  It was a great experience and an epic game.  Of course they got smoked a month later after Troy Smith got fat on the Hiesman circuit and Ginn sprained an ankle after celebrating the opening kickoff td.  Hopefully not this year. 
    I like the sod/grass part of the story.  I knew people that stormed Shea in 86 when the Mets clinched and got grass from there and brought it home and it became part of their laws.

Couldn't do that at the Meadowlands at the time, fake stuff, lol!

Nothing is better than an epic game like the one u went to, they are special and few and far between so events like that are to be shared.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    I'll be at the SEC Championship game on Saturday.  Ya'll look for me on tv.  I'll be wearing red  ;)  I'll also be repping PJ in some form or fashion like I always do.   GO DAWGS!
    Storm the field n matter what!
  • Options
    Just watched a rerun of the game. Yeah, that 1 second was BS. I don’t know how they would stop it, but they shouldn’t be allowed to bring in the field goal team while the review the time, allowing them to run the play the moment the ref blew the whistle. Had they just left 1 second on the clock to begin with, even with the temporary first down stop, there’d be no way to get the field goal unit out.
    If I liked Saban or Alabama I’d be pissed. But it’s kinda funny.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Just watched a rerun of the game. Yeah, that 1 second was BS. I don’t know how they would stop it, but they shouldn’t be allowed to bring in the field goal team while the review the time, allowing them to run the play the moment the ref blew the whistle. Had they just left 1 second on the clock to begin with, even with the temporary first down stop, there’d be no way to get the field goal unit out.
    If I liked Saban or Alabama I’d be pissed. But it’s kinda funny.
    Agreed.  I respect Saban and his program, but they've enjoyed the spoils long enough.  It's a nice sigh of relief that they won't be making the CFP!
  • Options

unless you get stuck in the bushes...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

unless you get stuck in the bushes...

Too many White Claws!!!