Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    PSU played not to lose, and they did.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Notre Dame falling apart this year and Ohio $tate getting curb stomped by Clemson was great
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Sark had a big pre-game meal...
    https://t.co/QmrJpEgTRb
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    I like that this take has both USC and PSU jumping over OSU and UW, whom they beat in H2H match-ups in conference. Doesn't meant too much now but I like to see it regardless. ;)
    espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18399799/reranking-new-year-six-teams
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211

Rose Bowl was a lot of fun to watch. One thing I'll never understand is why teams get so conservative in these meaningless bowl games. PSU running it 3 straight times when they were trying to run out the clock....why not try passing on 3rd and 4 when everyone in the stadium is expecting the run??? Also, I was surprised USC didn't go for 2 when they scored the TD with 1:20 left.....obviously it all worked out for them, but why go for the tie and play for OT??

agree. I thought Penn State should have passed as well. one play to win the game why not pass on 3rd and 4 especially in the college game. to me the chance to pass and win the game was worth more than making USC use another timeout. Timeouts in college aren't nearly as valuable as they are in the NFL because of the clock stopping, at least briefly, after 1st downs. Hell USC went down the field in a minute after stopping Penn State anyway. Great game though.
  • Options

Bowls played out much as I thought they would. That Michigan loss was exciting. Ohio State -- 31-0? Didn't see that coming.

So far the so-called Best Conference isn't quite showing like they are. ACC made them their bitches.

Still time for Penn State to kick my Trojans in the balls but I don't feel that is going to happen.

I wont consider Wisconsin taking care of Western Michigan as a big deal.

To be fair, when you put 4 teams in the New Years 6, your "normal" conference bowls are going to have lesser teams play in them.
    yeah Ohio St. getting shutout was really surprising.

Go Penn St.!
    Is Ohio State really that terrible or Clemson really that good?
    Ohio State really played that terrible, Clemson is not as good as they looked in that game.
    I really hope that's the case. I cannot deal with Clemson winning the national championship.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491

Bowls played out much as I thought they would. That Michigan loss was exciting. Ohio State -- 31-0? Didn't see that coming.

So far the so-called Best Conference isn't quite showing like they are. ACC made them their bitches.

Still time for Penn State to kick my Trojans in the balls but I don't feel that is going to happen.

To be fair, when you put 4 teams in the New Years 6, your "normal" conference bowls are going to have lesser teams play in them.

Go Penn St.!
    Ohio State really played that terrible, Clemson is not as good as they looked in that game.
    I really hope that's the case. I cannot deal with Clemson winning the national championship.
    beats the alternative. :whistle:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I'm rooting for Bama. Would like to see a close game like the one last year but am rooting for the Tide over Clemson. A number of reasons, I guess, but I was blown away by that defense all year long.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Go Penn St.!
    No. Bad enough dealing with Dabo now.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,743
    Wobbie said:

Go Penn St.!
    Don't be jealous Wobbie, just because the Tide are the best.

#RollTideRoll
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Cluck Femson!

Roll Tide (the one and only time I'll say that)
  • Options

Cluck Femson!

Amen.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I kinda want Bama to win because I want FSU to end their win streak in the 2017 Kickoff Classic! Also Clemson is in FSU's division. Screw Clemson.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110

Cluck Femson!

Amen.

I kinda want Bama to win because I want FSU to end their win streak in the 2017 Kickoff Classic! Also Clemson is in FSU's division. Screw Clemson.

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Hey Huskies........... WJBTHOOU!

next up- Clemson.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Works for me. Also, screw Dabo.
  • Options
    espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18406477/clemson-tigers-lb-ben-boulware-says-grabbing-play-team-done-all-year-mess-players

So this has been the talk of the town today. Love to see them pull that shit against Bama. :lol:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    PJ Fleck to Minnesota. A little surprised by that one....definitely thought he would end up with a better job than that. Also sounds like things in the athletic department at Minnesota are a real mess right now. Interesting.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

PJ Fleck to Minnesota. A little surprised by that one....definitely thought he would end up with a better job than that. Also sounds like things in the athletic department at Minnesota are a real mess right now. Interesting.

I think PJ thought he would get the Oregon job but they didn't even interview him. He is using this as a hail mary for coaching a Power 5 conference team. He will either flame or this will be a stepping stone for him. He is supposed to be a good recruiter. Better be considering the tyre fire that is currently burning.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Jason P said:

I think PJ thought he would get the Oregon job but they didn't even interview him. He is using this as a hail mary for coaching a Power 5 conference team. He will either flame or this will be a stepping stone for him. He is supposed to be a good recruiter. Better be considering the tyre fire that is currently burning.
    Yeah that was surprising that Oregon didn't talk to him at all. At this point, I thought Fleck would wait until next year for a high profile job to open....will be interesting to see what he does at Minnesota.
  • Options

Jason P said:

Yeah that was surprising that Oregon didn't talk to him at all. At this point, I thought Fleck would wait until next year for a high profile job to open....will be interesting to see what he does at Minnesota.
    I think it makes sense because he is guaranteed $21M. If he succeeds, some big time program will double that amount. If he fails, he has $21M. Not too shabby.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Oregon is paying Mark Helfrich $2M a year opposed to Fleck making $3.5M. Minnesota made it rain.

edit: Mark is the old coach. The new Oregon coach makes $3.2M
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Options
    norm said:
    When the Mrs and I walked into our Wedding Reception, Conquest was our entrance song. There were 75-100 USC Alumni present and the part where they joined in with "Oh-oo-oh-ooooo" gave us both chills that we will never forget. My favorite part of when we bust out the wedding video with the exception of seeing people gone from us now.
    Fantastic article - thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    And I wanted to hire the band to play it live as we entered but she nixed that. I know they rent them out for this...
  • Options
  • Options
    That kid should be upset. Choosing fUCLA?
    Funny vid.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

That kid should be upset. Choosing fUCLA?
    Funny vid.

Exactly :lol:
  • Options
    So, big game tonight huh.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Roll Tide.... being at work today has been torture. can't wait until 8pm.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore