Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,740

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

things could change if Washington or Clemson lose..........then I would say put in the Big 10 champ.

Yeah, leave the Champ of the best conference out. You must be from down south
    I agree with his rankings. :i_dunno:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I hate to break the news to you guys but the Big 10 is the best conference in the NCAA. And they probably will be for the next few years.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

things could change if Washington or Clemson lose..........then I would say put in the Big 10 champ.

Empty, you better listen to F'Me. be careful what you wish for.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

I want no part of that playoff. (Unless we can sneak up to #3 :lol:)

Fuck Clemson
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,835
    lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

What the fuck is Clemson doing at #3, those fuckers do not deserve to be there.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

Why not? They've lost once.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,835

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

Look at who they've played, the competition isn't there at the same level at all.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

Look at who they've played, the competition isn't there at the same level at all.
    Compared to who? You can't help how good or bad your conference teams are. They played Auburn, Florida state, Louisville. That's a poor reason to say a team doesn't deserve to be in the top 4. But what can you expect from a Canadian that thinks the CFL is better than the nfl.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

Compared to who? You can't help how good or bad your conference teams are. They played Auburn, Florida state, Louisville. That's a poor reason to say a team doesn't deserve to be in the top 4. But what can you expect from a Canadian that thinks the CFL is better than the nfl.
    Yeah, Clemson's competition is no worse than Alabama's or Washington's.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,767
    pureoc said:

pjhawks said:

And I was at a fund raiser last night for our baseball team's trip to Cooperstown. All sports fans. Asked all of the other dads what they thought of the 1st down call and it was split pretty much down the middle on "he made it" or "no way was that a first down."
    I thought he made it, personally.

the winner of the Big 10 title game should be in the final 4. how can you have a conference with 4 teams in the top 8 and the title winner doesn't get in the final 4? that makes no sense.
    Because with this ridiculous system they have set up, a conference championship doesn't mean shit. It's the "best 4" teams. I said it earlier in the thread....should be an 8 team playoff with the 5 conf champs from the power 5 conferences and 3 at large bids. They finally do a playoff and can't even get that right. The NCAA is the worst.
    Only way a non conf champ, essentially a wild card team like osu is, should get in the playoff is if the big ten conf champ is as well.

Name me any other sport where the 2nd or 3rd place team makes the playoffs and the 1st place team doesn't? The wild card team may make it further in the playoff but under no circumstance should the team that didn't win the conference or div play for the sports ultimate title unless the div/conf champ gets that opportunity as well.
    I can't name any other sport....because that's how fucking stupid college football is. If the committee or whatever they hell they call themselves are supposed to pick the best 4 teams to be in the playoff, then OSU has to be in it. Like I said earlier, this current system does not value conference champions. Conference championship games are for $$$. Plain and simple.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

pureoc said:

pjhawks said:

And I was at a fund raiser last night for our baseball team's trip to Cooperstown. All sports fans. Asked all of the other dads what they thought of the 1st down call and it was split pretty much down the middle on "he made it" or "no way was that a first down."

the winner of the Big 10 title game should be in the final 4. how can you have a conference with 4 teams in the top 8 and the title winner doesn't get in the final 4? that makes no sense.
    Because with this ridiculous system they have set up, a conference championship doesn't mean shit. It's the "best 4" teams. I said it earlier in the thread....should be an 8 team playoff with the 5 conf champs from the power 5 conferences and 3 at large bids. They finally do a playoff and can't even get that right. The NCAA is the worst.
    Only way a non conf champ, essentially a wild card team like osu is, should get in the playoff is if the big ten conf champ is as well.

Name me any other sport where the 2nd or 3rd place team makes the playoffs and the 1st place team doesn't? The wild card team may make it further in the playoff but under no circumstance should the team that didn't win the conference or div play for the sports ultimate title unless the div/conf champ gets that opportunity as well.
    I can't name any other sport....because that's how fucking stupid college football is. If the committee or whatever they hell they call themselves are supposed to pick the best 4 teams to be in the playoff, then OSU has to be in it. Like I said earlier, this current system does not value conference champions. Conference championship games are for $$$. Plain and simple.
    Yep. And I'd add that large conferences also devalue conference championship games because, most of the time, it's one division in each conference that's half decent while the other one is mediocre or flat out sucks. Look at the ACC & SEC for example. Year after year you have an undefeated or 1-loss time playing against a 3 or 4-loss team for the conference title.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

I want no part of that playoff. (Unless we can sneak up to #3 :lol:)

Fuck Clemson
    Ditto.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

Luckiest team in the NCAA. Finally lose a game and then everyone else lost, too.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

Luckiest team in the NCAA. Finally lose a game and then everyone else lost, too.
    Even if others didn't lose, they're still a top 4 team.

I hate to break the news to you guys but the Big 10 is the best conference in the NCAA. And they probably will be for the next few years.

4 of the top 7 teams from the big 10.
  • Options
    By the way, I hate the case that a late loss is worse than an early loss. A loss is a loss. I don't care if you lose the first game or the 9th game.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124

pureoc said:

pjhawks said:

I'm surprised it took the Big Ten until the year 2011 to figure that out.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

So you think if Michigan and Washington had won their games the same weekend Clemson lost to Pittsburgh, Clemson would've still been in the Top 4?
  • Options

lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

So you think if Michigan and Washington had won their games the same weekend Clemson lost to Pittsburgh, Clemson would've still been in the Top 4?
    Yes, by now they'd be back in the top 4
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,591
    if WA stays at #4, alabama will fucking destroy them. hell, utah was tied with WA with two minutes to go.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mark helfrich gets an $11M payout....in other words, $500,000 per year until he reaches retirement age of 65. good work if you can get it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I hate that bastard. never thought I could hate him more. :lol: until I saw that mullet

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    That is a very classy mullet! I'd buy that mullet.

• Options
    Wow.

So, Lane Kiffen head coach at Houston? Hope they think twice.
  • Options
    Is it official? I had heard rumours.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Is it official? I had heard rumours.

No, not official. Rumor is either head coach at Houston or coordinator at LSU. Can't stand him. Bye Felicia.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

I hate that bastard. never thought I could hate him more. :lol: until I saw that mullet

how in the fuck can you hate on anybody when you love that asshole saban? huh? how?!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,511
    This is the BEST of the Pac-12?(Washington & Colorado)

I think USC would beat both of these teams. And no, i'm not a USC fan.

How many points will Alabama beat Washington in the Playoffs?

2016 Washington Huskies Football Schedule( I heard they had the 2nd weakest non-conference schedule in the Country: Rutgers, Idaho & Portland St. is Portland St a D-1 school for football?). Besides Utah & USC, who have they played?

Sat., Sept. 3 – RUTGERS
    Sat., Sept. 10 – IDAHO
    Sat., Sept. 17 – PORTLAND STATE
    Sat., Sept. 24 – at Arizona
    Fri., Sept. 30 – STANFORD
    Sat., Oct. 8 – at Oregon
    Sat., Oct. 15 – bye
    Sat., Oct. 22 – OREGON STATE (Homecoming)
    Sat., Oct. 29 – at Utah
    Sat., Nov. 5 – at California
    Sat., Nov. 12 – USC
    Sat., Nov. 19 – ARIZONA STATE
    Fri., Nov. 25 – at Washington State
    Fri., Dec. 2 – Pac-12 Championship Game
  • Options
    ^ Washington will get steamrolled by Bama. Hoping for a Clemson loss tonight. Would at least shake thing up a bit.
  • Options
    ^ they played no one.

I see USC jumping colorado (they should) and playing in the rose bowl.

men of troy vs. men with boys.

damn, my OU bobcats nearly ended western michigan's dream.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16