Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,617
    pureoc said:

Officiating in mich osu was absolutely disgraceful. That wasnt even close on that 4th down. Clearly short. He ran into his own player who was behind the 15 yd line. No idea how or where they thought the ball crossed the 15. 2 penalties on osu the entire game. That seems accurate.

you, sir, are a known hater. I do think the ball got to the first down mark for a split second.

thinking of putting up a poll....worst college mascot? the gay trojan dude? the leprechaun? utah's terrible hawk? the list goes on.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,772
    pureoc said:

Officiating in mich osu was absolutely disgraceful. That wasnt even close on that 4th down. Clearly short. He ran into his own player who was behind the 15 yd line. No idea how or where they thought the ball crossed the 15. 2 penalties on osu the entire game. That seems accurate.

They marked the ball where the forward progress stopped....and there's no way that there was enough video evidence to overturn the call.

Amazing to me that so many Michigan fans are blaming this one on the refs. How about the 2 awful interceptions that Speight threw? And how about Harbaugh acting like a complete child and getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for throwing his clipboard on the field??
  • Options
    not a great pic, hater :lol: .....but you can't tell me, definitively, that he DIDN'T have it.

badgers gonna hate :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

pureoc said:

They marked the ball where the forward progress stopped....and there's no way that there was enough video evidence to overturn the call.

Amazing to me that so many Michigan fans are blaming this one on the refs. How about the 2 awful interceptions that Speight threw? And how about Harbaugh acting like a complete child and getting an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for throwing his clipboard on the field??
    Not a Michigan fan at all. Wisconsin fan and rabid hater of all things osu where arrogance and entitlement reigns supreme from my personal experiences. Long shot, but somehow, someway hoping osu doesn't get in the playoff. Can you make a valid argument they are one of the top 4 teams in the country, absolutely. But as it stands, they won't even win their division of the Big Ten. Conference championships should mean something, and I have a feeling next Sunday it won't.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Damn I had the under in The Syracuse vs. Pitt game.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,277
    how many teams were or became top ten that OSU played this season?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pureoc said:

pureoc said:

Not a Michigan fan at all. Wisconsin fan and rabid hater of all things osu where arrogance and entitlement reigns supreme from my personal experiences. Long shot, but somehow, someway hoping osu doesn't get in the playoff. Can you make a valid argument they are one of the top 4 teams in the country, absolutely. But as it stands, they won't even win their division of the Big Ten. Conference championships should mean something, and I have a feeling next Sunday it won't.
    Oh yeah, I can't stand Ohio State as well. Just crazy to me that Michigan fans are blaming the refs for this one. They blew a 10 point lead in the 2nd half.

Ohio State will get in the playoff and they absolutely should. They are definitely one of the top 4 teams in the country. Agree that conf championships should mean something, but unfortunately they don't with this fucked up bowl/playoff system. It should be an 8 team playoff where the 5 conf champions from the power 5 conferences are in automatically with 3 wild card teams.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,192
    edited November 2016
    nicehuge win for Penn State.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Damn I had the under in The Syracuse vs. Pitt game.

a "bad beat," for sure :lol:

get lost, louisville.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    the Pac 12 is twelve pounds of shit in a 10 pound bag.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    Wobbie said:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,790
    Wobbie said:

Utard is a disgrace...I agree that the conference is weak as hell this year....the fact that Colorado is rated where they are shows that out.
    Really hoping Washington whips them and gets into the Final 4 so that USC can get into the Rose Bowl and play PSU or Wisconsin.

Beating the hell out of Notre Dame is always a good way to end a season. That was a show!

Final 4 guess:
    Bama
    Clemson
    OSU
    Washington

Still a lot of moving parts, but that is my guess today.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,790
    And I was at a fund raiser last night for our baseball team's trip to Cooperstown. All sports fans. Asked all of the other dads what they thought of the 1st down call and it was split pretty much down the middle on "he made it" or "no way was that a first down."
    I thought he made it, personally.
  • Options
    I don't think any Pac 12 team belongs in the CFP this year. Utah stinks but lost to WA on a punt return with two minutes remaining and lost to CO by four because of red zone ineptitude and a late fumble returned for TD. If utah can hang with those two, I'm not impressed.

plus, I would dig the outrage of having two big 10 teams :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Agree that WA may not make it in....the reason I want them to is purely so SC can go to the Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    So much for Florida's top 5 defense. Go Noles!!
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    As a UM fan, I'm fully aware Speight's 3 turnovers changed the game. Good for him playing hurt, he also kept us in it. And maybe if he had been healthy he does not throw those picks or the funple. And I understand the argument on the spot. Do I think he was short? Yes. Do I understand why it was not over turned, I do. But the officiating up to the point was so one sided in tO$U favor it was comical. The non call on Perry on the previous series when UM had to kick a field goal? Just one of many. But in the end , UM had multiple opportunities to not allow the officials to hand the game to tO$U. I was watching the game to two Maryland fans and a Penn State fan, all of whom felt UM got screwed.
    And if there is one fan base who knows all about getting crewed over by the officials when playing tO$U, its Penn State.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    If the winner of Penn State vs Wisconsin wins in a blowout, I think they will get in. I think it was a blessing for Ohio State to not have to play in the championship game
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    This is why NO polls should come out until at least week 6. You get the teams ranked on legacy in the preseason getting a defacto free pass to the playoffs, ahead of teams that either beat them head-to-head or finished ahead of them in conference standings. This would also prevent ten SEC teams from being overranked in the top 15 the first half of the season every god damn year.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,277

And I was at a fund raiser last night for our baseball team's trip to Cooperstown. All sports fans. Asked all of the other dads what they thought of the 1st down call and it was split pretty much down the middle on "he made it" or "no way was that a first down."

didn't the rules guy on the telecast say that forward progress can't be stopped by your own teammate? thought i heard him say that but they just glanced over it and moved on. so while hitting his teammates ass was at the point a 1st down i think the mark actually should have been further back where he ended up after the fall. that being said Michigan choked. the QB fumble inside the 5 was a killer. they were in control at that point and OSU couldn't move the ball. either way I think both coaches are pretty unlikable guys.

the winner of the Big 10 title game should be in the final 4. how can you have a conference with 4 teams in the top 8 and the title winner doesn't get in the final 4? that makes no sense.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

didn't the rules guy on the telecast say that forward progress can't be stopped by your own teammate? thought i heard him say that but they just glanced over it and moved on. so while hitting his teammates ass was at the point a 1st down i think the mark actually should have been further back where he ended up after the fall. that being said Michigan choked. the QB fumble inside the 5 was a killer. they were in control at that point and OSU couldn't move the ball. either way I think both coaches are pretty unlikable guys.

the winner of the Big 10 title game should be in the final 4. how can you have a conference with 4 teams in the top 8 and the title winner doesn't get in the final 4? that makes no sense.
    Didn't have the volume up....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,277
    pjhawks said:

so you concede his forward progress when hitting teammate gave him the first, but believe it should have been marked where he fell? please, explain that further would you? I dont follow your logic.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Because with this ridiculous system they have set up, a conference championship doesn't mean shit. It's the "best 4" teams. I said it earlier in the thread....should be an 8 team playoff with the 5 conf champs from the power 5 conferences and 3 at large bids. They finally do a playoff and can't even get that right. The NCAA is the worst.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

either way I think both coaches are pretty unlikable guys.

you're half right about the first thing :wink:

conference championship games are kind of fucked when one half of the conference (big 10 east, alabama) is so much better than the other.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Hey Auburn............... :loser:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

pjhawks said:

Because with this ridiculous system they have set up, a conference championship doesn't mean shit. It's the "best 4" teams. I said it earlier in the thread....should be an 8 team playoff with the 5 conf champs from the power 5 conferences and 3 at large bids. They finally do a playoff and can't even get that right. The NCAA is the worst.
    Only way a non conf champ, essentially a wild card team like osu is, should get in the playoff is if the big ten conf champ is as well.

Name me any other sport where the 2nd or 3rd place team makes the playoffs and the 1st place team doesn't? The wild card team may make it further in the playoff but under no circumstance should the team that didn't win the conference or div play for the sports ultimate title unless the div/conf champ gets that opportunity as well.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    ^^^^ they are looking for the "four best" teams. very subjective.

hater :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Interesting, of course, to see how this plays out...since half of the "four best teams" may not be conference champs.
    Whatever gets USC to the Rose Bowl is good with me. ;)
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

things could change if Washington or Clemson lose..........then I would say put in the Big 10 champ.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    lolobugg said:

right now.......

1. Bama
    2. OSU
    3. Clemson
    4. Washington

things could change if Washington or Clemson lose..........then I would say put in the Big 10 champ.

Yeah, leave the Champ of the best conference out. You must be from down south
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015