HARD KNOCKS

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
edited August 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
that show is phenomenal. phenomenal. i hope they do the birds next year.

anyone see it last night?

the jets are a tough team not to like. rex reminds me of his dad so much. god i loved that era of eagles football back in the day.

oh, and revis can go to hell. idiot. that team will be pretty damn good without him anyway.
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    great show.... unbelievable show when its the team you root for
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466

or nauseating like last year if its the cowboys :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

or nauseating like last year if its the cowboys :lol:

the bengals season was the worst.

I think the revis thing is a joke. I bet HBO is giving him money to hold out so they can up the show's ratings. He'll be signed and in uniform by preseason game 3...book it.

I wish I could bet on this stuff. The NFL offseason is the worst
    by the way, I agree that Hard Knocks is a great show
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    If I were Revis, I'd do the same
    NFL is coldhearted
    u can get cut for whatever

pay the man
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    good show. wish it was on the NFL network so i could watch the current season.

is it online for free anywhere?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

be an american. get hbo.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

be an american. get hbo.

big jets fan behind me at work...were all talking about the show today...hes like ..i didnt watch it ??? im like why? hes like i don't have hbo :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    81 wrote:

be an american. get hbo.

I currently dont have HBO. Extra Innings runs me too much money. Don't feel like having a $300/month cable bill.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

be an american. get hbo.

I currently dont have HBO. Extra Innings runs me too much money. Don't feel like having a $300/month cable bill.

besides a few shows..you ain't missing much
    edited August 2010

besides a few shows..you ain't missing much

And I would love it for those shows, specifically Treme and Hard Knocks, but it's just not worth it with the baseball package.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

be an american. get hbo.

be a pal and pay my cable bill :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    great show! much more entertaining than watching a nfl game :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:

be an american. get hbo.

you're not missing much. there's rarely anything worth watching on there. Hard Knocks is great. their sports docs are top notch (you gotta check out the mickey mantle one if you haven't seen it). other than that their current shows suck. and there aren't many decent movies on there (Dark Knight has been on one of the 8 HBO channels I get for 24 hours a day for the last 6 months).

Gotta admit I'm pretty psyched for the new series about AC that starts in September. That looks awesome
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you're not missing much. there's rarely anything worth watching on there. Hard Knocks is great. their sports docs are top notch (you gotta check out the mickey mantle one if you haven't seen it). other than that their current shows suck. and there aren't many decent movies on there (Dark Knight has been on one of the 8 HBO channels I get for 24 hours a day for the last 6 months).

Gotta admit I'm pretty psyched for the new series about AC that starts in September. That looks awesome

all the more reason to have hbo...plus your favorite show--entourage and curb....and they still got some sopranos stuff on demand that i check out every now and then. it's worth it to me.

boardwalk empire looks like an instant classic to me.
    www.myspace.com

all the more reason to have hbo...plus your favorite show--entourage and curb....and they still got some sopranos stuff on demand that i check out every now and then. it's worth it to me.

how could I forget about curb? I'm an idiot, that's how

jeags, you check out the Wire yet? I'm telling you, it's the best show in the history of TV
    The Fixer wrote:

jeags, you check out the Wire yet? I'm telling you, it's the best show in the history of TV

nothing beats sopranos. it absolutely transcended tv.

no i gotta check the wire out though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

the wire kills the sopranos. no contest
    The Fixer wrote:

no i gotta check the wire out though.

They are both awesome. I like parts of both better than the other. It's a toss up for me. I would probably have to go with the Wire if I was forced to choose but it's really slim.
    Curb is the shit. I will HBO again when that comes back on.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

They are both awesome. I like parts of both better than the other. It's a toss up for me. I would probably have to go with the Wire if I was forced to choose but it's really slim.

my beef with the sopranos was all of the storylines that never got closure. like the pine barrons episode...what happened to the russian guy that escaped?

plus the wire didn't have AJ soprano. or Janice

sopranos was great...the wire was better
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

my beef with the sopranos was all of the storylines that never got closure. like the pine barrons episode...what happened to the russian guy that escaped?

life doesn't have closure gentlemen.

the sopranos never, ever, wrapped anything up in a bow for their audience. i can see why people are not happy with that. but, to me, that's part of the genius of that show.

greatest of all time.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Curb is the shit. I will HBO again when that comes back on.

the 2nd episode of the seinfeld reunion season was on the other night. funny shit.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

the sopranos never, ever, wrapped anything up in a bow for their audience. i can see why people are not happy with that. but, to me, that's part of the genius of that show.

greatest of all time.

you mean greatest you've ever seen. the wire is better. watch it and then we'll talk
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

greatest of all time.

you mean greatest you've ever seen. the wire is better. watch it and then we'll talk

well....yeah.

have you seen every tv show ever created? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    How can you talk about HBO programming and not mention Eastbound & Down? That's blasphemous. Most underrated show ever on HBO - Mr. Show with Bob & David. Wire is phenomenal, can't wait for the Boardwalk thing. And, we'll wrap this up with this - Entourage fucking sucks. Good day.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Halfway through episode one ... I think Rex Ryan enjoys this a little too much. I prefer them talking about football, showing the position battles of the UFAs ... not all this preplanned mugging to the cameras ... and now Namath is on the screen, wtf? I'm hoping this is just the introductory episode and the rest of the camp is much better.

As far as the lofty goals of the J-E-T-S ... let me know when their quarterback doesn't turn the ball over 30 times, then we'll talk. Heck, even in this episode I saw Cromarte picking him off all over the practice field.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Well said. The Sopranos was great, but The Wire was the greatest.

have you seen every tv show ever created? :lol:

touche. I actually don't watch many tv shows. I am usually the last guy to find out about shows. I'll pick shit up after 3 seasons and blow through things on DVD. that's how I roll
    How can you talk about HBO programming and not mention Eastbound & Down? That's blasphemous. Most underrated show ever on HBO - Mr. Show with Bob & David. Wire is phenomenal, can't wait for the Boardwalk thing. And, we'll wrap this up with this - Entourage fucking sucks. Good day.

ha, forgot that one too. kenny powers is great. and ashley schaeffer is absolutely classic. woo

couldn't agree more about entourage. just painful to watch (for some reason I still do though...not sure why since it hasn't been funny in 2-3 seasons)