Options

Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    The Ghost - What a haunting ending (pun intended)

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wooooooow!!

What a step forward!! (Nothing against the old stuff :lol: )
    I think I will comment as I listen...

Coming Through - A slow burner ala Pink Floyd into an explosion of Awesomeness...

Thanks, man!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    If you're on our mailing list, check your email for the Holiday Single! If you want to receive the mp3 & aren't on our mailing list, either pm me here or email us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:presentlyfalling@gmail.com">presentlyfalling@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Lots of exciting stuff coming up....stay tuned! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    still waiting for that album 8-)
    hoping for tomorrow
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    hoping for tomorrow

It hasn't arrived yet? If it doesn't arrive by Saturday, let me know. Sorry about that, Roger.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    hoping for tomorrow

It hasn't arrived yet? If it doesn't arrive by Saturday, let me know. Sorry about that, Roger.
    Not a problem - thanks Matt!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    London Dream - One Word. Merryl!
    State of Flux - Tskes my back to my Grateful Dead days
    Hold Me Down - Dirrrrrrrrrrrrty!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Recollection - I think Matt got influenced by North West :lol: - Feel like a need a sweater to listen to that
    Life Anew - My new favorite... Like being in a dream...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

Merryl?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Merryl?
    Hahaha crap... Laurel!!

I am getting old :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

Merryl?
    Hahaha crap... Laurel!!

I am getting old :shock:

:lol: I was wondering what you were talking about! Ha! Glad you're enjoying the album, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Recollection started life as a song I tried writing/singing back in 2007. In December 2010 I revisited it and called it "First Snow" I think - about my younger sister. She had 3 very serious suicide attempts about 10 years ago and the last one was in 2007 and she ended up in a coma for a brief time. I remember coming home completely wrecked and writing a song with some of these chords. I worked on Recollection's music off and on since then & remember wanting to kind of be rid of it. I'm glad Matt ended up taking it and turning into what it is now. Not even sure he knows this... 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Recollection started life as a song I tried writing/singing back in 2007. In December 2010 I revisited it and called it "First Snow" I think - about my younger sister. She had 3 very serious suicide attempts about 10 years ago and the last one was in 2007 and she ended up in a coma for a brief time. I remember coming home completely wrecked and writing a song with some of these chords. I worked on Recollection's music off and on since then & remember wanting to kind of be rid of it. I'm glad Matt ended up taking it and turning into what it is now. Not even sure he knows this... 8-)

I remember that you told me that after we recorded it. It has an entirely different meaning to me, but they're (somewhat) related. When we revealed the tracklisting for the album, this is what I wrote for Recollection.

http://clutheleemusic.blogspot.com/2012 ... ack-6.html

The music in this song is absolutely beautiful.....and that's all Chris! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    new song called "You Can Stay Below" has been posted on our new site! check it out here:
    http://home.cluthelee.com/

the site will be updated with a lot of new content over the next few weeks. we just need to figure out how we want to present it all. enjoy the new song & thanks for your support!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

your cd should arrive soon! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

:D:D:D:D:D is it friendly?
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    “Where It Began” Review

Now that 2013 is finally here, I have been making a list of all the great music to come out later this year. After making it, I realized I forgot an important band, Cluthe/Lee! By now you should know the awesome story behind the band and if you don’t know yet, they released their third album in December of last year. Since I just got it last week, it was new to me and I couldn't have been more excited to hear what Matt Cluthe (vocals, guitar) and Chris Lee (Guitar, Drums, Bass) had in store!

“Coming Through”-This song sets up the album quite nicely with an eerie tone to it. Upon first listen, I noticed the sound quality and how it seemed more technically produced and more clear than the two previous albums. The track has a solid layer of electric guitar blending well with the other instruments. The song builds up with its climax being pounding drums and a fantastic guitar solo from Chris that demonstrated when the time comes, he can shred like a champ. An electric way to start off the album!

“The Ghost”-This track starts off with chunky guitars and a soothing vocal melody by Matt. It features a catchy chorus with lyrics that caught my ear. With this song I expected a more eerie sound like with the first track, but instead you get an upbeat tempo song which is a pleasant alternative that I enjoyed much.

“London Dream”-Probably my favorite song off the album. The first thing that stands out with this track is the way it was mixed and how great the sound of it in general was. The lyrics narrate a persons dream with a dark undertone twist to it in an almost haunting but beautiful way. The song includes certain guitar vibes that send the song into certain vivid places that are hard to escape. Not to mention the song features the lovely vocals of Laurel Cluthe that blend so with Matt’s vocals, making this one of my favorite songs off the album.

“State Of Flux”-Coming at the perfect time of the album, this song lightens up the mood of the album with its catchy guitars and light and playful lyrics. The song has a foot-tapping bass line underlining the song quite efficiently. Definitely a song that made me want to move!

“Hold Me Down”-This bluesy-rock track will knock you off your feet and help you up afterwards. It features distorted guitars, clashing drums and wailing vocals from Matt. It is something we saw them experiment with on “Life Can Go” and it is nice to see them come back to this style.

“Recollection”-We go back to the Cluthe/Lee roots with this song. A simple but catchy acoustic riff at the beginning that grows into a layback song with an edge from the lyrics. Mat’s vocals sound great on this song. Reminds me of something that could have been off their first album.

“Life Anew”-A soothing guitar melody is the core of this song, with an unexpected change in the middle to give the song a new light. Great usage of mixing vocal melodies together and over all great recording quality.

“Chaos Ensues”-This track resembles a similar feeling we get with the first song, “Coming Through” but even packs more of a punch. With bitter lyrics and deep vocals from Matt, this sets up a great attitude. Overall the sound is mysterious and dark, something new we experience from Cluthe/Lee.

“Dear Woman”-With the title sounding so lovely, I was quite surprise to find out this song turned out to be a rockin’, bluesy track. Chris’s drumming on this song fits perfectly with it, as does Matt’s vocals, really putting feeling into the track. A song that will make me for sure put it on repeat.

“Fault Line”-Thrashing guitars, pounding bass and clashing drums and a badass guitar solo….this song has it all. At first it doesn't even sound like Cluthe/Lee, it starts off with dueling guitars that make me bang my head. Another fantastic example of Cluthe/Lee experimenting with their rock/blues roots.

“Crooked Buildings”-Although probably my least favorite off the album, it is definitely is a grower. The song does have a nice blend of instruments with some more blues-feel to it. A slow burner would be a perfect description of it.

“It Spins”-A dreamy guitar filled song with fantastic tones that turns into an upbeat rock tune within seconds. The song changes pace throughout the whole 3 minutes which gives it an unique and great attitude to it. It is placed perfectly in the album and is another one of my favorites.

“Unfolding”-Maybe the most honest and most reflecting song on the whole album. “Where it ended, is different from where it began.” Fantastic lyrics from Matt that really summarizes the whole theme of the album. The song features soothing guitar melodies from Chris and is probably the perfect way to end the album.

One of the best things about this album is the theme and progression throughout the band’s career. With “Here We Are”, the band was making a statement to show the world that they were here to do what they love best, making music together. It was the beginning for them. “Life Can Go” showed us how the band can produce awesome music and yet progress their sound. With “Where It Began” we see band trying even more things out in many different ways. This album shows the more rock/bluesy side to this and demonstrates how they can change their style and still stay true to their original sound. The album artwork and production is phenomenal and looks so sleek! They brought in a professional producer to help mix the songs (It really showed!), they experimented with sounds and they showed us that they are here to stay.

Rico
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Glad you are enjoying the music, Rico. 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Glad you are enjoying the music, Rico. 8-)

same here! thanks, man! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Posted some instrumental demos on our Reverb page this morning. Hoping these become fully completed songs down the line.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    very cool review Rico!
    thefixer9 wrote:
    “Where It Began” Review

Now that 2013 is finally here, I have been making a list of all the great music to come out later this year. After making it, I realized I forgot an important band, Cluthe/Lee! By now you should know the awesome story behind the band and if you don’t know yet, they released their third album in December of last year. Since I just got it last week, it was new to me and I couldn't have been more excited to hear what Matt Cluthe (vocals, guitar) and Chris Lee (Guitar, Drums, Bass) had in store!

“Coming Through”-This song sets up the album quite nicely with an eerie tone to it. Upon first listen, I noticed the sound quality and how it seemed more technically produced and more clear than the two previous albums. The track has a solid layer of electric guitar blending well with the other instruments. The song builds up with its climax being pounding drums and a fantastic guitar solo from Chris that demonstrated when the time comes, he can shred like a champ. An electric way to start off the album!

“The Ghost”-This track starts off with chunky guitars and a soothing vocal melody by Matt. It features a catchy chorus with lyrics that caught my ear. With this song I expected a more eerie sound like with the first track, but instead you get an upbeat tempo song which is a pleasant alternative that I enjoyed much.

“London Dream”-Probably my favorite song off the album. The first thing that stands out with this track is the way it was mixed and how great the sound of it in general was. The lyrics narrate a persons dream with a dark undertone twist to it in an almost haunting but beautiful way. The song includes certain guitar vibes that send the song into certain vivid places that are hard to escape. Not to mention the song features the lovely vocals of Laurel Cluthe that blend so with Matt’s vocals, making this one of my favorite songs off the album.

“State Of Flux”-Coming at the perfect time of the album, this song lightens up the mood of the album with its catchy guitars and light and playful lyrics. The song has a foot-tapping bass line underlining the song quite efficiently. Definitely a song that made me want to move!

“Hold Me Down”-This bluesy-rock track will knock you off your feet and help you up afterwards. It features distorted guitars, clashing drums and wailing vocals from Matt. It is something we saw them experiment with on “Life Can Go” and it is nice to see them come back to this style.

“Recollection”-We go back to the Cluthe/Lee roots with this song. A simple but catchy acoustic riff at the beginning that grows into a layback song with an edge from the lyrics. Mat’s vocals sound great on this song. Reminds me of something that could have been off their first album.

“Life Anew”-A soothing guitar melody is the core of this song, with an unexpected change in the middle to give the song a new light. Great usage of mixing vocal melodies together and over all great recording quality.

“Chaos Ensues”-This track resembles a similar feeling we get with the first song, “Coming Through” but even packs more of a punch. With bitter lyrics and deep vocals from Matt, this sets up a great attitude. Overall the sound is mysterious and dark, something new we experience from Cluthe/Lee.

“Dear Woman”-With the title sounding so lovely, I was quite surprise to find out this song turned out to be a rockin’, bluesy track. Chris’s drumming on this song fits perfectly with it, as does Matt’s vocals, really putting feeling into the track. A song that will make me for sure put it on repeat.

“Fault Line”-Thrashing guitars, pounding bass and clashing drums and a badass guitar solo….this song has it all. At first it doesn't even sound like Cluthe/Lee, it starts off with dueling guitars that make me bang my head. Another fantastic example of Cluthe/Lee experimenting with their rock/blues roots.

“Crooked Buildings”-Although probably my least favorite off the album, it is definitely is a grower. The song does have a nice blend of instruments with some more blues-feel to it. A slow burner would be a perfect description of it.

“It Spins”-A dreamy guitar filled song with fantastic tones that turns into an upbeat rock tune within seconds. The song changes pace throughout the whole 3 minutes which gives it an unique and great attitude to it. It is placed perfectly in the album and is another one of my favorites.

“Unfolding”-Maybe the most honest and most reflecting song on the whole album. “Where it ended, is different from where it began.” Fantastic lyrics from Matt that really summarizes the whole theme of the album. The song features soothing guitar melodies from Chris and is probably the perfect way to end the album.

One of the best things about this album is the theme and progression throughout the band’s career. With “Here We Are”, the band was making a statement to show the world that they were here to do what they love best, making music together. It was the beginning for them. “Life Can Go” showed us how the band can produce awesome music and yet progress their sound. With “Where It Began” we see band trying even more things out in many different ways. This album shows the more rock/bluesy side to this and demonstrates how they can change their style and still stay true to their original sound. The album artwork and production is phenomenal and looks so sleek! They brought in a professional producer to help mix the songs (It really showed!), they experimented with sounds and they showed us that they are here to stay.

Rico
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    Really diggin the new album after a few spins. I think my early favorites are "Unfolding" and "The Ghost".
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Really diggin the new album after a few spins. I think my early favorites are "Unfolding" and "The Ghost".

Awesome! Glad it made it there! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cant wait for my sign cope :P