THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    mca47 wrote:
    I also hope this allows for Jay to call audibles at the line when necessary. I've always HATED the fact that the Martz play was set in stone no matter how the defense lined up.

i think tice will allow cutler more freedom. martz was a crazed gustapo who wanted control at all times.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    some rumor, and i have no idea where it is coming from...but Cutler just replied to a rumor of Marshall for a 3rd round pick.

i think somebody is just bsing on twitter...i can't find anyhting online about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    some rumor, and i have no idea where it is coming from...but Cutler just replied to a rumor of Marshall for a 3rd round pick.

i think somebody is just bsing on twitter...i can't find anyhting online about it.

im all for b marsh but theyre gonna want much more than 3rd rounders
    Anybody follow cutler on twitter?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:

im all for b marsh but theyre gonna want much more than 3rd rounders

Yeah, I don't see any way they could get Marshall for anything less than a 1st. Maybe a couple 2nds +/- a 3rd or two.
    If we could somehow give them a 3rd and Roy Williams.... :D
    make sure to check out devin hester on twitter. :P :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    I don't have a Twitter. Want to elaborate?
  • 81 wrote:

I saw that he responded to you earlier today....you're famous. I'm your newest follower by the way....sroe71 is me.
    81 wrote:

I saw that he responded to you earlier today....you're famous. I'm your newest follower by the way....sroe71 is me.

not sure i woudl say famous. :lol:

i was wondering who that was. :thumbup: up to 19...couple more thousand and i can tweet for cash. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

not sure i woudl say famous. :lol:

i was wondering who that was. :thumbup: up to 19...couple more thousand and i can tweet for cash. :lol:

81 is trending world wide

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

Forte is gonna play in da pro bowl. who says you need a healthy knee with a bad contract to play a meaningless game?
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Forte is gonna play in da pro bowl. who says you need a healthy knee with a bad contract to play a meaningless game?

it was just a sprain..he's been cleared....and i'm betting he has a nice hefty insurance policy agaist career ending injuries.

i wouldn't call his contract bad...he signed his rookie deal...if it was so bad, he wouldn't have signed it...he's just turned out to be a an excellent draft pick and will be rewarded with either a one year deal of 7.5M or so, or a long term deal.

more important is, will tice leave and who is going to be the new gm...and can they get matt millen to handle the first round of the draft?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Davidtrios wrote:

Interesting move to play in the pro bowl.
    Davidtrios wrote:

Interesting move to play in the pro bowl.
    First time election, his knee is good...no news
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    First time election, his knee is good...no news

Just seems kinda dumb for a guy looking for a long term contract to play in what is probably the most meaningless game in all of sports.
    and your new GM.......

Phil Emery
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    whats emery's story?
    His background is in scouting college kids. Bears obviously are making that a priority with all the canidates.

A 31-year football veteran, Phil Emery enters his 14th NFL campaign and his third as the Chiefs Director of College Scouting. He previously served in the same capacity for Atlanta from 2004-08 before working as a regional scout for Atlanta leading up to the 2009 draft. Emery was an area scout for Chicago (’98-04).

The Garden City, Michigan native served as the Director of Strength and Conditioning Services and as an Associate Professor at the U.S. Naval Academy from ’91-98. He was responsible for the development, administration and supervision of all strength and conditioning activities for 4,000 Midshipmen. In ’96, his program helped the football team to its first winning season in 15 years.

Emery joined the Naval Academy after serving as the assistant strength and conditioning coach at Tennessee (’87-91). Prior to joining the Volunteers, he served as the defensive line and strength and conditioning coach at Saginaw Valley State (’85-87). He also coached the defensive line at Georgetown College (’84-85) after serving as the offensive line and strength and conditioning coach at Western New Mexico (’82-84). Emery began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at Central Michigan (’81-82) after serving as a student assistant at Wayne State.

Education: Western New Mexico (M.A.T. ’83), Wayne State (B.S. ’81). Family: Wife - Beth; Child - April
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    His background is in scouting college kids. Bears obviously are making that a priority with all the canidates.

Bears are denying that they have hired him. Either way, my reaction to whoever they hire will be "blah".
    81 wrote:

Bears are denying that they have hired him. Either way, my reaction to whoever they hire will be "blah".

i read he was the front runner and they were hammering out contract details....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i read he was the front runner and they were hammering out contract details....

Apparently Emery and Licht are both getting 2nd interviews. That was tweeted from Bears official twitter account.
    Apparently Emery and Licht are both getting 2nd interviews. That was tweeted from Bears official twitter account.

i see that now...hmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Devin Hester is fast
    81 wrote:
    and your new GM.......

Phil Emery

Fact
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • AC41750AC41750 Posts: 305
    I llike the hire
    09/12/92 11/05/93 09/13/95 07/11/98 07/13/98 10/30/99 10/22/00 10/25/00 10/28/00 10/30/00 06/01/03 06/03/03 07/06/06 07/09/06 07/10/06 07/15/06 07/16/06 08/24/09 10/06/09 10/07/09 09/03/11 09/04/11
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    AC41750 wrote:
    I llike the hire
    I'd imagine he'll be the one hiring the new offensive line coach and "passing game coordinator" so let's see how he does filling those vacancies.
    JTH wrote:
    AC41750 wrote:
    I llike the hire
    I'd imagine he'll be the one hiring the new offensive line coach and "passing game coordinator" so let's see how he does filling those vacancies.

i believe the coaching staff is still Lovie's area.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    JTH wrote:
    AC41750 wrote:
    I llike the hire

i believe the coaching staff is still Lovie's area.
    Yeah, I was thinking it was Lovie's call, too. But if that's the case, why hasn't he filled those positions yet? Seems to me like they were waiting to get the new GM before hiring the coaches.
  • JTH wrote:
    Yeah, I was thinking it was Lovie's call, too. But if that's the case, why hasn't he filled those positions yet? Seems to me like they were waiting to get the new GM before hiring the coaches.

They have been reaching out to potential candidates for the position coaches that they have to fill. I guess they tried to interview Jim Zorn for QB coach, but were denied permission by KC.

I'm more concerned about this upcoming draft. Emery needs to get off to a good start....cant have any more wasted early round picks on guys who never see the field (Dan Bauzin, Jarron Gilbert, etc...)
    ...cant have any more wasted early round picks on guys who never see the field (Dan Bauzin, Jarron Gilbert, etc...)
    But Jarron Gilbert jumped out of a pool.

A POOL!