THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,519
    i kind of like the under on 8.5 wins with this team.....however i'm sort of thinking they cover or win outright sunday..... :think: :think: :?

Everyone seems to love the under on the Bears win total. I think it actually moved from 8.5 to 8 because Vegas was getting so much action on the under.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears went 4-12 or if they went 12-4. No idea what to expect from this team.

i agree....it's because they were involved with, and won, so many close games that could have gone either way last year. honestly, they could have easily been 7-9 or 8-8. law of averages suggests they will lose a few more close ones this season...

nice :thumbup:

losing cutler and forte certainly helped...but i completely forgot i bet on this under4 months ago. good guys win again.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

losing cutler and forte certainly helped...but i completely forgot i bet on this under4 months ago. good guys win again.

i think you should send Knox a get well card and some new cleats for falling down on the play that got cutler's thumb busted :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i think you should send Knox a get well card and some new cleats for falling down on the play that got cutler's thumb busted :x

check's already been mailed out...
    www.myspace.com
  • So long, Jerry Angelo. It's about time someone is held accountable with this organization.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    So long, Jerry Angelo. It's about time someone is held accountable with this organization.

about friggin time
  • Bears announce that Lovie isn't going anywhere. They say he is still evaluating his coaching staff. Hopefully the next announcement is that Mike Martz will not be back.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Just saw this posted on the Bears FB page today:

We will be streaming a live press conference at 4:00 p.m. (ct) today on ChicagoBears.com. President and CEO Ted Phillips will be discussing change at General Manager.

http://www.facebook.com/ChicagoBears
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Bears announce that Lovie isn't going anywhere. They say he is still evaluating his coaching staff. Hopefully the next announcement is that Mike Martz will not be back.

evaulaute the coaching staff should mean martz keeps calling those crazy fake reverse screen passes that constantly get blown up. it's time to show him the door too.
    i'd be ok if Martz returned.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

Really?
    81 wrote:

Really?

yup.

you don't want to be changing offense coordinators every year. as long as Cutler is ok with him, i have no problem with him coming back.

they biggest issue with the offense this season was cutler going down to injury and the wide outs still sucking. get me a top flight wide out or two. i'd settle for one
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    how would you guys feel about toub leaving?
    www.myspace.com

good for him if he lands a HC job....but if he leaves and takes a special teams job on anouther team it would tick me off.

year in and year out, Bears are at the top of special teams and Toub is a big reason why.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    scanning the early mock drafts and most peopel have the bears taking an O line man from tackle to center. one had them taking a MLB.

i still say, a WR is the way to go....assuming a high quality one is out there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

good for him if he lands a HC job....but if he leaves and takes a special teams job on anouther team it would tick me off.

year in and year out, Bears are at the top of special teams and Toub is a big reason why.

agreed.
    www.myspace.com
  • 81 wrote:

yup.

you don't want to be changing offense coordinators every year. as long as Cutler is ok with him, i have no problem with him coming back.

they biggest issue with the offense this season was cutler going down to injury and the wide outs still sucking. get me a top flight wide out or two. i'd settle for one

I get not wanting to change coordinators again. If they do, that would be the 3rd coordinator for Cutler. It just doesn't make sense that the past 2 years, martz had to be sit down and told to run the fucking ball so the QB doesn't get killed. He's a stubborn, old prick with an outdated offense. So many personnel moves have been made for this offense. Trading away their best pass-catcher in Olsen, signing Roy Williams and also that fat ass TE Manamaulaena or however the hell you spell it. Both of those moves were complete busts. It feels like they were winning in spite of Martz. I dont know...it will be interesting to see what happens.
  • 81 wrote:

That would really suck to lose Toub, but if they guy has a chance to become a head coach he has to go after it.

this would be a huge loss. this guy experiences special teams turnover every yr. we are always cutting our leading SP tacklers (Brian Iwuh) or not resigning them (Brendon Ayanbadejo). There is so much turnover yet they are always really good at ST. Oh ya, I forget to mention Hester and Gould being almost perfect at what they do.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    81 wrote:
    yup.

It seemed pretty clear over the last two seasons that Jay was not a fan of Martz. It wasn't until Jay said something that they altered their game plan (7 step drops) and the next thing you know....they started winning.
    I'm not a fan of him. He's too stubborn and unwilling to make the adjustments needed to win games...and when he does, it's a game or two too late. I also don't like the fact that he doesn't allow the QB to call an audible when necessary. I mean, going to the line and knowing the coverage will be broken the the LBs stacking the box on a 7 step drop with everyone running 15-20 yard plus routes...doesn't really seem fair. You only get three timeouts and how often do you see Jay pissed off for having to call one because a) the play is going to fail and b) the play wasn't called in in time.
    The Martz offense used to scare people (granted the Bears don't have the talent of that Ram's team), but it doesn't seem like anyone really blinks twice playing against it anymore.
    Martz has resigned :clap: :thumbup:
    well, that arguement is done. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

What a great day! :D:D
    81 wrote:

What a great day! :D:D

No shit right?!?!! :D
  • mca47 wrote:
    No shit right?!?!! :D

I was expecting Martz to go, but the Angelo thing really caught me off guard. Kinda sad that we are so shocked when the Bears do something that makes sense!
    can we bring in Matt Millen to handle the first round of the draft?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    can we bring in Matt Millen to handle the first round of the draft?

...i see what you did there. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Martz has resigned :clap: :thumbup:
    Congratulations! That guy sucked!
    MLMF Det
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I'm kinda hesitant to use the word "perfect" but I'm thinking that Tice was the perfect choice as Martz's replacement.
    JTH wrote:
    I'm kinda hesitant to use the word "perfect" but I'm thinking that Tice was the perfect choice as Martz's replacement.
    Hard to say...
    I think the offense will be more-happy about him taking over than having someone else come in. He clearly has the understanding and willing to make changes when necessary, unlike Martz. I also like how Tice is more "hands-on" than a lot of coaches. I think this will help as well.

Sucks that we have to wait so long for next season...
    I also hope this allows for Jay to call audibles at the line when necessary. I've always HATED the fact that the Martz play was set in stone no matter how the defense lined up.