THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    well it's all playing out just as i expected.

Wait. what. You wanted the bears +3.5
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    81 wrote:
    well it's all playing out just as i expected.

Wait. what. You wanted the bears +3.5

you may have heard about this new thing called sarcasm? :lol:

games like this happen. the bears were a good play today. i'm not mad at myself for this one. i'm mad at myself for taking the browns. :lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Sarcasm fail on interweb
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • We gonna bet 5 candy bars on the game???

I have the Bears...
    Straight up....
    5 candy bars? You're on Speedy!

Ready for the wrath of BenJarvusGreenEllis?

And you're right, with the weather being so bad, you can't really put a line on the game. It's really a toss-up today.
    This should be a fun game to watch....

And I am going all out today....

I am having Thanksgiving II at my house...

Turkey
    Stuffing
    Potatoes
    Gravy

And its just Kathy, Me and the cat........

Im gonna be eating leftovers for 2 weeks......WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your having a great turkey dinner. :lol:;)
    81 wrote:
    Sarcasm fail on interweb

nah...fail on your part for not picking it up. especially after all my posts in this thread over the last 6 days :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    snow is suppose to stop by game time, with cold temps and high winds.

that's bear weather. it'll be tough to toss the ol pig skin around in heavy winds at soldier field. cold shouldn't make a diffference since both teams play in it on a regular basis.

in theory, the weather turns the game into a run heavy affair, and that should favor the bears with their stout run defense.

turnovers could be key.

...turnovers are always key

the patriots are now the first team in the history of the nfl to go 5 straight games without a committing a turnover.

win the turnover battle, you win football games.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Sarcasm fail on interweb

nah...fail on your part for not picking it up. especially after all my posts in this thread over the last 6 days :mrgreen:

internet can be a confusing creature.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • What the fuck was that????????????

I know its a non-conference game and it really doesnt mean much since Green Bay lost, but it was a complete fucking embarrassment on our home field. Gotta bounce back in a big way next monday against the vikings.
  • Brady's pretty good, right?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

Yeah, he's OK. Funny how he has his most passing yards in a game this season today in those conditions. Wait...that isn't funny. Fuck me.

Yeah, he's OK. Funny how he has his most passing yards in a game this season today in those conditions. Wait...that isn't funny. Fuck me.
    PatsCP__1292200553_4907.jpg
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    What the fuck was that????????????

A f'n disaster!
    I blame the coaching. The Bears came out and looked like they had no plan for this game. No plan, dumb errors, multiple turnovers, sloppy play, etc.

Unacceptable!
  • mca47 wrote:

A f'n disaster!
    I blame the coaching. The Bears came out and looked like they had no plan for this game. No plan, dumb errors, multiple turnovers, sloppy play, etc.

Unacceptable!
    Brady marched up and down that field, as if the Bears defense were high school kids. It was actually fun to watch. Whoever New England plays in the AFC championship game(New England will be there), had better be ready. Both Pitt and Baltimore have a kick ass defense, but Mr. Brady could still put up 40pts. against those teams.

Back to the Bears....

I am pretty sure all of us fans had a feeling this game could be a DISASTER. We all remember that Sunday night debacle against the Giants a couple of months ago. The Bears are a good team, the Bears have a good-above average defense, the Bears have Devin Hester. That said....Forte doesnt scare anyone....The recievers dont scare anyone....Cutler is not a "field general", and is certainly not in the same league as a Brady or a Manning. When have we ever seen Cutler take over a game? When have we ever seen Cutler look like a field general and pick apart a defense? Granted he doesnt have an offensive line(though the offensive line is improving), and the recievers are just average.

The Bears can/should still make the playoffs. But do we really see this team winning playoff games? Can this team beat Atlanta? Would they win a Philly re-match? I dont know. The only team the Bears would kick the holy shit out of come playoff time would be the Packers. The Packers who put up 3 points against the Lions. The Packers whose quarterback has suffered his 2nd concussion of the season.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    The Chicago Bears, the only team that can support two threads at a time. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:

A f'n disaster!

Unacceptable!
    Brady marched up and down that field, as if the Bears defense were high school kids. It was actually fun to watch. Whoever New England plays in the AFC championship game(New England will be there), had better be ready. Both Pitt and Baltimore have a kick ass defense, but Mr. Brady could still put up 40pts. against those teams.

Back to the Bears....

I am pretty sure all of us fans had a feeling this game could be a DISASTER. We all remember that Sunday night debacle against the Giants a couple of months ago. The Bears are a good team, the Bears have a good-above average defense, the Bears have Devin Hester. That said....Forte doesnt scare anyone....The recievers dont scare anyone....Cutler is not a "field general", and is certainly not in the same league as a Brady or a Manning. When have we ever seen Cutler take over a game? When have we ever seen Cutler look like a field general and pick apart a defense? Granted he doesnt have an offensive line(though the offensive line is improving), and the recievers are just average.

The Bears can/should still make the playoffs. But do we really see this team winning playoff games? Can this team beat Atlanta? Would they win a Philly re-match? I dont know. The only team the Bears would kick the holy shit out of come playoff time would be the Packers. The Packers who put up 3 points against the Lions. The Packers whose quarterback has suffered his 2nd concussion of the season.

While there is no question in my mind that the Pats are a better team with much better talent in all 3 portions of the game, why I was upset about yesterday's game was because a) the lack of preparation and b) the unwillingness to change the failing gameplan as needed. Both of these are coaching issues.
    The Bears were outplayed and they were outcoached.

While the Bears have a "good" defense, when you have Brady and his team of allstars, they will pick that cover-2 apart all day. I'm almost glad the conditions were as bad as they were otherwise they could have lost by 50+.
  • So it's official...Bears-Vikings next Monday night is being played at University of Minnesota's stadium. What a joke this is....they should just blow up the metrodome now.
    hehe

i like the game out doors. vikings are used to playing indoors. hopefully old man favre comes back. he can't play in the cold now. but if not, tavaris sucks. Bears should win, but you never know.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Temps are supposed to be in the single digits.

I also heard they have to shovel the field by hand, so they don't ruin the field. There are 20" snow drifts on parts of the field. All concession stands are being set up to handle the cold also, as they weren't built to be open during these weather conditions. It's about time the Vikings play outside. If only it was forever, and not just untill they get the metrodome fixed. It would be great to have the entire NFC North play outside, although with Detroit's newer stadium this can not happen for quite some time. The way I look at it though, if the Twins can play outside in the beginning and end of baseball season up there, why can't the weak Vikings.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:

I also heard they have to shovel the field by hand, so they don't ruin the field. There are 20" snow drifts on parts of the field. All concession stands are being set up to handle the cold also, as they weren't built to be open during these weather conditions. It's about time the Vikings play outside. If only it was forever, and not just untill they get the metrodome fixed. It would be great to have the entire NFC North play outside, although with Detroit's newer stadium this can not happen for quite some time. The way I look at it though, if the Twins can play outside in the beginning and end of baseball season up there, why can't the weak Vikings.

cause the football fans are wimps. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:

cause the football fans are wimps. :mrgreen:

I went to college with a guy from the Twin Cities area, and he is a Vikings fan. He says he's like most, not all, but most Vikings fans up there. Here are some of his views on being a Vikings fan:
    A. They hate Favre.
    B. He admits he is a fair weather fan.
    C. He thinks they should play outside, but doesn't think he would go freeze to watch a game. Rather watch on tv.
    D. They hate the Packers more than the Bears.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Kevinman wrote:
    The way I look at it though, if the Twins can play outside in the beginning and end of baseball season up there, why can't the weak Vikings.

You do realize its colder in Dec and Jan than April or Oct, right?
    Holtzmn wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:
    The way I look at it though, if the Twins can play outside in the beginning and end of baseball season up there, why can't the weak Vikings.

You do realize they play outside in Green Bay and Chicago right? Might not be as cold, but I've been to at least one Bears game I can remember for sure that had a high temp of 0. You just have to hit the bathroom every once in a while to thaw your beer and toes.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Kevinman wrote:
    Holtzmn wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:

You do realize they play outside in Green Bay and Chicago right? Might not be as cold, but I've been to at least one Bears game I can remember for sure that had a high temp of 0. You just have to hit the bathroom every once in a while to thaw your beer and toes.

I was pointing out the flawed reasoning you were giving. Saying the Packers play outside is more convincing than saying the Twins play outside when its in the 40's. I have no problem if the Vikes were to play outside but I must admit its awfully nice to go to the dome when its 20 below windchill out.
  • It's still up in the air as to where this game is being played. Sounds like it will be a minor miracle if they're able to get the Univ. of Minn. stadium ready for Monday night. Detroit again??
    It's still up in the air as to where this game is being played. Sounds like it will be a minor miracle if they're able to get the Univ. of Minn. stadium ready for Monday night. Detroit again??

i heard Atlanta tossed around. Detroit would make more sense logistially. or why not soilder field. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    It's still up in the air as to where this game is being played. Sounds like it will be a minor miracle if they're able to get the Univ. of Minn. stadium ready for Monday night. Detroit again??

i heard Atlanta tossed around. Detroit would make more sense logistially. or why not soilder field. :mrgreen:

I heard that Atlanta thing too. Makes sense since the Monday night game after this one is in Atlanta. Should be interesting to see what happens here...either way, the Bears should win this game easily. Joe Webb?? Who the fuck is this guy??
    81 wrote:

Hahaha, well...the Bears can barely play in Soldier Field (see last week).
    I would have no problem playing in Detroit. It would immediately take away any home field advantage as 3/4 of that stadium would be Chi-fans.
    I'm guessing thats why mn doesnt want detroit or indy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I have a feeling if they play anywhere but Minnesota, there will be more Bears fans than Vikings fans. Bears have more to play for, there are more Bear fans in this country(bigger city), and Bears fans travel well.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:
    I have a feeling if they play anywhere but Minnesota, there will be more Bears fans than Vikings fans. Bears have more to play for, there are more Bear fans in this country(bigger city), and Bears fans travel well.
    And it would give all those Bears fans who can't get tix to Soldier Field a chance to actually go to a game...and likely for free.