Things I'll never understand - mascara?

Comments

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    how can so many of us read and write all this stuff and not get fired is incomprehensible.
    I love to turn you on
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dunkman wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    also, i can't understand how a ship stays upright... and who was the first person to discover milk came out of a cow and what did they think they were doing at the time?
    the water the ship is sitting in weighs more than the ship.
    something like that.
    it's all about displacement.

sounds cool Chadilicious... :thumbup:
    it's actually very uncool, mr. scotland.
    when christopher columbus built his ship he said and i quote....
    "this is very uncool"

:roll:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Actually, mascara is the only makeup i do wear.
    It's that important
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    actually i dont even get make up... who needs 14 different types of powder, all of which are made from crushed up cows eyelids by the way, more brushes than a really really popular decorator, blusher, lipstick, those fucking weird eyecurler things which even if its not sore looks sore... nail varnishes, extensions, the list goes on and on... and men don't even give a shit about it... women just put it on so that other women won't bitch about them as they pass them on the street.. this is true.. that Mel Gibson film proved as much.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    dunkman wrote:
    actually i dont even get make up... who needs 14 different types of powder, all of which are made from crushed up cows eyelids by the way, more brushes than a really really popular decorator, blusher, lipstick, those fucking weird eyecurler things which even if its not sore looks sore... nail varnishes, extensions, the list goes on and on... and men don't even give a shit about it... women just put it on so that other women won't bitch about them as they pass them on the street.. this is true.. that Mel Gibson film proved as much.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MENTION MEL GIBSON?????

He thinks makeup makes you look like a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!
    ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    I dont understand make up in general. It's fake. And honestly unless a girl has just covered her face with it I really dont even notice the difference. It's stupid and a waste of time and money. Be yourself. dont cover up who you are. Confidence is much sexier then lip stick.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    dunkman wrote:
    I'll never understand lots of things... and yes mascara is one of them. Also those big ear lobe piercings... never understand them...

We will never understand each other so ;)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Just about every woman looks different with mascara on. I know I look wash out without it. I know I can go to work without it and they send me home sick...teeheee...my little joke on them when I want a sick day!!
    I was never one to wear a lot of make up, but a litle blush, lipstick and mascara and I'm good to go. That little bit puts enough color and definition in my face to make me look healthier and prettier.
    I don't think the make up industry got us on that one. Now, the various kinds and all that stuff have con jobs in them. Good ole' Maybelline still is the best!! (Pink and green bottle).
    Save room for dessert!
    some women pull their eyebrows out
    all of them

talk to me about this
    i am curious as to what is going on, exactly?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    chadwick wrote:
    all of them

talk to me about this

I'm sorry, if we tell you about that we'd have to kill you.

And we don't want to do that.

Smooch.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    chadwick wrote:
    all of them

talk to me about this

Smooch.
    horse shit.
    pleazse help me understnd, plz

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • men need to have a little more circumspection sometimes and stop thinking that everything women do is for their benefit, or more specifically for their sexual enticement. i love putting on makeup, and i do not do it for men and i do not do it for other women, either. i do it because i enjoy my beauty routine in the morning and i find it to be the most calming, centering part of my day. my makeup is not the source of my self-confidence, and it does not compensate for any lack thereof, either. so, does it matter who understands mascara and who doesn't? to each their own.

that being said, i think it is an absolute falsehood that people can't see the difference when others do or do not wear makeup. it's said that refusing to wear makeup caused richard nixon to lose the presidential debate in 1960.
    that's faarkokte.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Too much make up is a turn off, why hide your natural beauty.
    I find woman's slight impefections sexy.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    all of them

talk to me about this

Smooch.
    horse shit.

One word that scares the crap out of most us women folk....MONOBROW...AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

untitled.jpg
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Cosmetic companies have convinced us also that my smile lines are a fault.

Diet companies have convinced me that men would like me more if I was less curvy and more thin.

Shampoo ads have convinced me that no man would ever want to be with me since I have short hair that I can't stupidly toss around when I giggle at every inane thing that is said to me.

My teeth aren't white enough, my glasses are a turn off, my porcelain skin is "out"....

Someone created this monster, mascara and skimpy eyelashes are the least of my worries.

Sounds like you're too easily convinced by any and all advertisements you see.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    One word that scares the crap out of most us women folk....MONOBROW...AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

untitled.jpg
    stop it
    now just stop it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    chadwick wrote:

untitled.jpg
    stop it
    now just stop it

I know! Can you believe all the plates with dolphins on them?
    franklin mint collectable decorative plates.
    nice work wall hangings.

but seriously... stop it
    just fucking quit it

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    untitled.jpg

I've had a think about this one for a while and have to say that I probably still would.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    untitled.jpg

I've had a think about this one for a while and have to say that I probably still would.

Despite her having a full set of teeth in her head?
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    edited July 2010
    It's all about accentuating the eyes. Of course men don't think about mascara but they notice nice eyes. I love mascara, I always gotta try the new ones.
    Post edited by libragirl on
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    It's all about attentuating the eyes. Of course men don't think about mascara but they notice nice eyes. I love mascara, I always gotta try the new ones.

Strange thing to do to the eyes...

at·ten·u·a·tion (-tny-shn)
    n.
    1. A dilution, thinning, or weakening of a substance, especially a reduction in the virulence of a pathogen through repeated inoculation, growth in a different culture medium, or exposure to heat, light, air, or other weakening agents.

Sorry!
    libragirl wrote:
    It's all about attentuating the eyes. Of course men don't think about mascara but they notice nice eyes. I love mascara, I always gotta try the new ones.

n.
    1. A dilution, thinning, or weakening of a substance, especially a reduction in the virulence of a pathogen through repeated inoculation, growth in a different culture medium, or exposure to heat, light, air, or other weakening agents.

Sorry!

Yeah, you know I saw I used the wrong word and was going to edit but people on this board never waste time pointing shit like that out.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    libragirl wrote:

n.

Sorry!

Yeah, you know I saw I used the wrong word and was going to edit but people on this board never waste time pointing shit like that out.

What else do I have to do?

(don't answer that)

What else do I have to do?

(don't answer that)
    :twisted:
    chadwick wrote:
    franklin mint collectable decorative plates.
    nice work wall hangings.

but seriously... stop it
    just fucking quit it

See, Chadwick, this is why I didn't want to tell you. I knew you'd be upset... :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    dunkman wrote:
    untitled.jpg

Despite her having a full set of teeth in her head?

how can you tell from that pic she has teeth?
  • DangDangDangDang Posts: 1,551
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    all of them

talk to me about this

Smooch.
    horse shit.

Alright, I'll let the eyebrow out of the bag.......you see that unibrow dolphin hot plate chick? She BUYS our brow hairs. (sobs) There, I said it. Coonhound, do your stuff.
    DangDang wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

Smooch.
    horse shit.

Alright, I'll let the eyebrow out of the bag.......you see that unibrow dolphin hot plate chick? She BUYS our brow hairs. (sobs) There, I said it. Coonhound, do your stuff.

Awwww, you weren't supposed to say anything to him...