Things I'll never understand - mascara?

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    How can one live without Mascara !!!!!!!!!!! :D

And why is it that men have the best lashes out there ??? !!! I envy my son's beautiful long dark lashes.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    81 wrote:
    Somewhere along the way, cosmetic companies have convinced women that thin eyelashes are ugly, and men would like them much better if ....

Cosmetic companies have convinced us also that my smile lines are a fault.

Diet companies have convinced me that men would like me more if I was less curvy and more thin.

Shampoo ads have convinced me that no man would ever want to be with me since I have short hair that I can't stupidly toss around when I giggle at every inane thing that is said to me.

My teeth aren't white enough, my glasses are a turn off, my porcelain skin is "out"....

Someone created this monster, mascara and skimpy eyelashes are the least of my worries.

clearly, you are a chicago transplant. :lol:

Born in Chicagoland and been here my entire life.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    He's an Actor. keep guessing

I didn't watch "Lost."

And is he wearing eyeliner?!?

Wait _ is it Chadwick???? :shock:

Nestor Cabonell, he's claims not to be wearing eyeliner. says it's natural, who the hell didn't watch Lost?
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,141
    I find my wife to be beautiful with or without makeup, so I don't really understand what all the fuss is about either.
    I find my wife to be beautiful with or without makeup, so I don't really understand what all the fuss is about either.

i agree, she's awesome!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553

Thank you, Mr. Unlost Dogs. (When did you become a Pearl Jam fan, anyway?)
    :lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mikalina wrote:
    How can one live without Mascara !!!!!!!!!!! :D

And why is it that men have the best lashes out there ??? !!! I envy my son's beautiful long dark lashes.
    stop it.
    you do not...
    wait.
    maybe you do.

when i have long hair and go get it cut
    the women always say....
    "oh my god we want your hair"
    "why are you cutting off all those beautiful curls"
    "do you know what some of us women go through to get wavy curly hair"

eyelashes? not so much talked about when i go get dolled up.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

I feel the same way about my girlfriend. She uses minimal amounts of make up to begin it...says it feels more "comfortable".
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    KOYOURASS wrote:

i agree, she's awesome!
    awesome she is....but I'm not sure I want to know how you know that.... :?

Thank you, Mr. Unlost Dogs. (When did you become a Pearl Jam fan, anyway?)
    :lol:
    1995....did I forget to mention that? :lol:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

i agree, she's awesome!

Just playin w/ ya.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Bit late to the thread. But I wear mascara everyday. For me it has been an age thing. The more knackered I look the more touching up I feel I need. Never bothered at all in my 20's now in my 40's I get my eyebrows waxed, wear mascara, tinted moisturiser and a bit of blusher every day. I think it makes me look slightly more awake than my normal sleepy look.

Anyhow, that's just me, it probably makes no different but it makes me feel a little better.
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    KOYOURASS wrote:

i agree, she's awesome!

Just playin w/ ya.
    yeah, I know....just my poor attempt at humor :oops:
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Slight eye pencil yes, mascara no.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Any of the women old enough to remember the phase in the 80s when you'd use a blue eye pencil on the inside of the lashes on your lower eyelid? And then within a few hours you'd be picking a wad of blue goo out of the inner corner of your eyes.

Yeah. That was hot.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    All your ever losing is a little mascara
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    redrock wrote:
    You may not compliment a woman on her eyelashes but hopefully you have complimented some about their eyes. Eyelashes define the eye (can open the eye, make the eyes look bigger, make them stand out more, etc.) and, whilst you may not 'notice' the mascara, I'm sure you notice the difference without!

I don't know... my wife has a cool shade of green eyes... I like her eyes... but to me they look the same with or without mascara on. I understand that eyeliner and stuff can draw your attention to the eyes (and bring out color, etc), but I can't see what mascara brings to the table.

If she has a cool shade of eye color without mascara, she doesn't need mascara!

:D
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    what's hard to understand?

Tammy_Faye_Messner.jpg

RIP Tammy Faye.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    what's hard to understand?

Tammy_Faye_Messner.jpg

RIP Tammy Faye.
    each one of her eyelashes weighs 13 pounds
    tammy faye holds the world record for strongest eyelids in the world, ever.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Any of the women old enough to remember the phase in the 80s when you'd use a blue eye pencil on the inside of the lashes on your lower eyelid? And then within a few hours you'd be picking a wad of blue goo out of the inner corner of your eyes.

Yeah. That was hot.

hehehhehehe... I started high school in 91 and for all the "cool" senior girls it was unifrom...along with the bleached blonde spiral perms!

As for me I love my mascara, I have quite long eyelashes but I like how it thickens them up and detracts from the bags under my eyes. Which is great when I finish work at 5am and have to do the school run before I get to go to bed. Mascara, mineral powder and lip gloss...yippee ready to go.

But I will add...it must be waterproof, especially when wearing contacts. 8-)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I like mascara, but I don't feel the need to wear it every day. If I wear eyeshadow and eyeliner, I feel that mascara finishes the look off.

I also LOVE false lashes! I don't wear them to attract other people, I wear them cos I think they look nice on me sometimes 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I'll never understand lots of things... and yes mascara is one of them. Also those big ear lobe piercings... never understand them... mind you it took me until i was about 31 to work out how glue didnt turn into glue when it was still in the tube...

and how can 103 x 0 = 0???? if i have a 103 bananas and I multiply it by zero i still have 103 bananas

I'll also never understand algebra.

I'll also never understand any of that PJ Da Kid's posts... him dat talk like dis n dat.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    I'll never understand lots of things... and yes mascara is one of them. Also those big ear lobe piercings... never understand them... mind you it took me until i was about 31 to work out how glue didnt turn into glue when it was still in the tube...

and how can 103 x 0 = 0???? if i have a 103 bananas and I multiply it by zero i still have 103 bananas

I'll also never understand any of that PJ Da Kid's posts... him dat talk like dis n dat.
    i am glad to see you back.
    my days are now complete.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    dunkman wrote:

How does glue not turn into glue?
    KOYOURASS wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

How does glue not turn into glue?

glue only turn to glue upon contact with oxygen... that way the moisture in the glue evaporates and it hardens.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Cool, hey i learned something today, wasn't expecting that when i woke up.
    also, i can't understand how a ship stays upright... and who was the first person to discover milk came out of a cow and what did they think they were doing at the time?
    dunkman wrote:
    also, i can't understand how a ship stays upright... and who was the first person to discover milk came out of a cow and what did they think they were doing at the time?
    the water the ship is sitting in weighs more than the ship.
    something like that.
    it's all about displacement.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    the water the ship is sitting in weighs more than the ship.
    something like that.
    it's all about displacement.

sounds cool Chadilicious... :thumbup:
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

Yeah. That was hot.
    My eye makeup has stayed the same since the late 70's. It sounds weird but it is purple and green :shock:
    violets show off green eyes way cool, but again light on everything to enhance not overpower.
    I think it is like hair, whatever style you wore in your mid to late 20's you will wear most of your life and the same with make-up. We don't age much past 25 in this department :lol: Well unless you are a hip and trendy kind of chick/dude ;)