Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Dark Souls 3 coming out soon. Good reviews so far.
    I'm def going to get it!

Shit, that reminds me, I never finished Bloodborne....or Dark Souls 2. hahaha...oh well.

I'm getting terrible at finishing games.
    Still have to finish the two I already mentioned as well as Metal Gear, and Fallout 4.

And I want to get the new MLB The Show.

Ugh!

Surprised to hear someone not finishing MG. MGS4 was the best game I ever played until I played 5. I don't think anything can ever top those 2 games in terms of straight gameplay quality. From another world man
    Yeah, I was juggling like 3 games when I got the new Metal Gear game. I'll get back to it at some point. I hope I can remember the controls when I do...
    I know what you mean. I was crazy into gears ultimate edition because that'd just come out i think like 5 days before lol. I remember feeling I didnt put in the hours that game deserved. But damn do I love me some gears of war
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    MayDay10 said:

mca47 said:

Dark Souls 3 coming out soon. Good reviews so far.
    I'm def going to get it!

Shit, that reminds me, I never finished Bloodborne....or Dark Souls 2. hahaha...oh well.

I'm getting terrible at finishing games.
    Still have to finish the two I already mentioned as well as Metal Gear, and Fallout 4.

And I want to get the new MLB The Show.

Ugh!

I have actually instituted a rule. In order to acquire another game, I need to complete two of them.
    That's a great idea I need to adopt
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,852
    saw this was trending, pretty cool.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR37cPR_1_4
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

I know what you mean. I was crazy into gears ultimate edition because that'd just come out i think like 5 days before lol. I remember feeling I didnt put in the hours that game deserved. But damn do I love me some gears of war

I have Gears 3 and Judgement yet to play...hard to go back sometimes!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    mca47 said:

Jason P said:

The got rid of the hollowing in Dark Souls 3. Looks like there is still a lowering of the health bar if you die, but it takes a max of 30% instead of 50%. I'll probably be getting this game tomorrow.

No hollowing? Really? So you're human the whole time? I wonder how the invasions will work?
    They call it "ember" now. you get a 1.3 HP boost. It's a lot like the hollow system except you are not punished as much.
  • Options
    Downloading the DS3 this morning. Hopefully it will be installed be the time I get home.

I've played the previous game with the Sorcery build. I'm thinking of either trying the knight or herald class this time, but I hate not having the soul arrow at my disposal. I tried using a different class in DS2, but ended up going with a new magic character.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Downloading the DS3 this morning. Hopefully it will be installed be the time I get home.

I've played the previous game with the Sorcery build. I'm thinking of either trying the knight or herald class this time, but I hate not having the soul arrow at my disposal. I tried using a different class in DS2, but ended up going with a new magic character.

I have one of them for 360 as it was free but didn't really get into it. Lords of the Fallen is supposedly like DS and is free on XB1 for a few more days. Haven't tried that yet either.
  • Options
    LetsGoMteersLetsGoMteers New Bern, NC Posts: 157
    Rygar said:

Jason P said:

I have one of them for 360 as it was free but didn't really get into it. Lords of the Fallen is supposedly like DS and is free on XB1 for a few more days. Haven't tried that yet either.
    I didn't enjoy Lords of the Fallen at all, but can't bitch about a free game
    2016 Columbia, SC
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Jason P said:

Picked up DS3. Good game. I'm playing as a knight. Hard but not crazy so far. Played some co-op with a friend which was pretty cool. The password matches are nice so you can play and mic-talk to your buddy as your going.
  • Options
    DS3 is much better then DS2. Ended up going with the wizard again because not have the ranged soul arrow attack sucks when you are used to it. Plus I was able to whip that monks ass from the distance and steal his katana sword right away.
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Any gears fans in here playing the beta?
  • Options
    Dark Souls III is damn good!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Is anyone using Gear VR (or cardboard)? Any VR game recommendations?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Jason P said:

How far along are ya?

Depending on where folks are at, if any of you want to do some co-op? It actually works really well. I would advise setting up a "party" for voice chat because the in-game system only allows voice chat once you are summoned.

I just beat some crystal-something boss in the swamp area. Haven't gone past that yet.

Hit me up!

PSN: mca47
  • Options
    Still toiling away at Destiny!
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Jason P said:

How far along are ya?

Depending on where folks are at, if any of you want to do some co-op? It actually works really well. I would advise setting up a "party" for voice chat because the in-game system only allows voice chat once you are summoned.

I just beat some crystal-something boss in the swamp area. Haven't gone past that yet.

Hit me up!

I'm soul farming on the High Wall of Lothric! I CAN"T STOP MYSELF FROM FARMING!

I think I'm ready to move forward as it is taking over 6K souls so I need to find a new farm with better return on value. I leveled my strength up to level 18 last night so I could use the Lothric Knight's shield which took a while since I'm a mage.

must find farms ...
  • Options
    PSN: Soon_Forget
  • Options
    Jason P said:

mca47 said:

Jason P said:

How far along are ya?

Hit me up!

I'm soul farming on the High Wall of Lothric! I CAN"T STOP MYSELF FROM FARMING!

I think I'm ready to move forward as it is taking over 6K souls so I need to find a new farm with better return on value. I leveled my strength up to level 18 last night so I could use the Lothric Knight's shield which took a while since I'm a mage.

must find farms ...
    Hahahaha! Yeah, I was doing a little farming around there too but leveling up got too costly and that area wasn't providing enough.
    You don't want to farm too much though as it'll make it harder to match up with others if you want help in an area. I think they match you to people +/- 10 levels and of similarly leveled weapons.
    When I'm in a new area, I often drop my soapstone a few times and do some runs with people. Helps to see what's next and you can get a ton of souls.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Cool, I sent you a friend request
  • Options
    What build are you using in DS3?

I went with mage to get the soul arrow right away, but I'm leveling towards a DEX build with high endurance. The katana Uchigatana has been my primary weapon, but I just got Arstor's Spear which you get by trading in the soul of the Tree Boss ... I wish it had just a little bit more reach.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I went with mage to get the soul arrow right away, but I'm leveling towards a DEX build with high endurance. The katana Uchigatana has been my primary weapon, but I just got Arstor's Spear which you get by trading in the soul of the Tree Boss ... I wish it had just a little bit more reach.

My first run through I always go with a Knight. I try to keep my builds fairly even-ish but for a knight, lean towards strength and dex. I use that katana as my primary weapon. I think it's a +5 or +6 now. I love it's speed coupled with the fact that each swing it doesn't use a ton of stamina. I can usually get in a number of consecutive hits before i run low or the enemy responds. Most invaders haven't been too successful either as I have a strong stance followed by speed with a fast and high damage blade. My secondary weapon (which I don't slot) is a buffed great sword.
    I've noticed that I have had a lot more success against invaders than I have in past Souls games. Not sure why. I think once I beat the game, my next run will be with a magic-based character.

So, has anyone infused their weapons with gems yet? It seems like my only options for infusions on my katana aren't worth it. Two infusions seem to lessen the damage and one increases to a flat damage but it's almost identical to what I have now.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

Jason P said:

My first run through I always go with a Knight. I try to keep my builds fairly even-ish but for a knight, lean towards strength and dex. I use that katana as my primary weapon. I think it's a +5 or +6 now. I love it's speed coupled with the fact that each swing it doesn't use a ton of stamina. I can usually get in a number of consecutive hits before i run low or the enemy responds. Most invaders haven't been too successful either as I have a strong stance followed by speed with a fast and high damage blade. My secondary weapon (which I don't slot) is a buffed great sword.
    I've noticed that I have had a lot more success against invaders than I have in past Souls games. Not sure why. I think once I beat the game, my next run will be with a magic-based character.

So, has anyone infused their weapons with gems yet? It seems like my only options for infusions on my katana aren't worth it. Two infusions seem to lessen the damage and one increases to a flat damage but it's almost identical to what I have now.
    I've read that you need to find a sharp gem ...

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sharp+Gem
  • Options
    Played the Overwatch beta over the weekend. It's sort of a Street Fighter / FPS in the sense that there are 21 characters to choose from. Once I found a character that I was good with, it was pretty fun to play.
  • Options
    Anyone get the new Uncharted game?
    I see it's got great reviews. I've always been a fan of those games and will get it...just gotta finish DS3 first.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    mca47 said:

I see it's got great reviews. I've always been a fan of those games and will get it...just gotta finish DS3 first.

Just picked it up and played the intro. Huge fan of the games. The graphics and gameplay are unreal at this point!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

mca47 said:

Just picked it up and played the intro. Huge fan of the games. The graphics and gameplay are unreal at this point!
    The graphics were pretty realistic on the PS3! From what I've seen of the previews, the new one looks pretty amazing too.
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    mca47 said:

jervin007 said:

mca47 said:

The graphics were pretty realistic on the PS3! From what I've seen of the previews, the new one looks pretty amazing too.
    Yeah, I'm trying not to binge play it. Hard to hold back, but I was to savor every moment. I can already tell this story for this one is going to be great.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

mca47 said:

jervin007 said:

mca47 said:

Yeah, I'm trying not to binge play it. Hard to hold back, but I was to savor every moment. I can already tell this story for this one is going to be great.
    Pretty much every Uncharted game I've played became a binge session. Hahaha!
  • Options
    I tried to play Destiny for the 1st time in over a year ... I had like 10 doofuses fucking with me while I tried to buy stuff at the main base ... Fuck that game
  • Options
    Jason P said:

I tried to play Destiny for the 1st time in over a year ... I had like 10 doofuses fucking with me while I tried to buy stuff at the main base ... Fuck that game

haha, unless they're in your fireteam there's nothing they can really do to you!
    Don't give up yet, the April update made it ridiculously easy.