Options

Black Crowes double acoustic album, tour, hiatus, **RETURN**

Comments

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    ST279453 wrote:
    Does anyone have a copy of the Ryman Shows from 4/20-4/21? They weren't released and I've been dying to hear them. Oh yeah torrenting is out of my reach right now (having net issues).
    Also, I have a shit-ton of BC show I could trade if anyone were willing to help out. Thanks.

There are only 2 that exist and they both are pretty bad.
  • Options
    ST279453ST279453 Posts: 195
    In all honesty, I wouldtake anything at this point just to hear the shows. :( :( :( :(
  • Options
    CRB 4 LP set is nice 8-)
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    returned from the bar last night with a few friends.

proceeded to plug in freak n roll and watch in it's entirety, while having more cocktails :D

rolled out of bed today at 10:20
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Anyone have a recording of the telluride show this year? It was never released and I can't find it anywhere.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Heisenberg wrote:
    CRB 4 LP set is nice 8-)

I got it too. It's got to be the sexiest vinyl in my collection!
  • Options
    looking forward to this digital download on tuesday. check it out! :D

http://triggerhippy.net/

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CROWEOLOGY is in my top 10 albums of all time...SOOO dang good, an embarassment of riches, really.
  • Options
    imalive said:

looking forward to this digital download on tuesday. check it out! :D

http://triggerhippy.net/

I think you crowe freaks will like this.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    New album by Rich, "The Ceaseless Sight", plus a handful of tour dates in support:

http://richrobinson.net

:D
  • Options
    jjflash said:

New album by Rich, "The Ceaseless Sight", plus a handful of tour dates in support:

Thanks! I'm there :D

CRB announced for this summer at a 300 seat venue in my town.

OMG...I don't often say that....Rich is with Jackie?? OMG!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    these things are nuts! warning: your ears WILL ring!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jjflash said:

I'll be in Cincy

:-bd
  • Options
    Pre-order bundles for Rich's new album available here (one bundle w/ pick/bracelet limited to 100):

http://www.richrobinson.net/news/pre-order-bundles-vinyl-t-shirt-cds-posters-more/
  • Options
    May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,649
    just got the new CRB cd (the vinyl was delayed here in canada). new disc is awesome upon the first listen
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This is excellent!!! (Sorry Chris, but I like this better than anything on Phospheresent Harvest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9RGtsW5hEs
    Post edited by Heisenberg on
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Been really enjoying Rich's new one. He's just a class above his brother when it comes to crafting a complete musical idea and bringing it to fruition. Vocally, he's really grown quite a bit.

One of the coolest looking records in my collection, as well.
  • Options
    dont think rich's album is as good as CRB's latest. rich's voice doesnt do it for me on some of the new songs
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Been really enjoying Rich's new one. He's just a class above his brother when it comes to crafting a complete musical idea and bringing it to fruition. Vocally, he's really grown quite a bit.

One of the coolest looking records in my collection, as well.

I hear ya Dewie. I've had Rich's record stuck in my head the past few days. He seems more comfortable singing on this one. His voice is so fragile at times that it lends an honesty and realness to the songs which seems to work better on the slow burners. There are a few occasions on the record where I can almost hear Chris belting out the lyrics and wonder what the song would song like if he did.

Phosphorescent Harvest is in the 'meh' category after one listen. While CRB's previous two records had me shaking my moneymaker, the new one just didn't do anything for me to the extent I haven't gotten around to listening to it again. On the flip side, Rich's album has been and will be in steady rotation.

Overall their solo efforts make me appreciate the magic they create thru the Crowes vehicle, and they give solid clues to which brother influenced what sounds on TBC's records. For the most part....let Rich pen 'em and Chris sing 'em ;)
  • Options
    So tonight, Ohio is a state divided. Rich, Jackie and Joe Magestro are playing a show in Cincinnati. Chris and Adam are playing a show in Cleveland tonight and tomorrow. Can we please fly Steve and Sven to Columbus, have the brothers meet in the middle and have a Crowes show in CBus Friday night?
  • Options

So tonight, Ohio is a state divided. Rich, Jackie and Joe Magestro are playing a show in Cincinnati. Chris and Adam are playing a show in Cleveland tonight and tomorrow. Can we please fly Steve and Sven to Columbus, have the brothers meet in the middle and have a Crowes show in CBus Friday night?

Ha....that's be nice! Hope you enjoy the Cincy show B-)
  • Options
    So here are my 2 cents about Rich and Jackie's show in Cincy last night...

Joe Magistro's band Prophet Omega opened. They weren't awful, but Joe should probably stick to the drums. Surprisingly, Jackie Greene's band played next despite being billed higher for the show. I've never been a big Jackie fan, but he was actually pretty good live. Very talented. Pulled out a great cover of "Don't Let Me Down".

There were probably about 350 people there for Jackie's set. It was really disappointing that most of that crowd left before Rich hit the stage. Part of it was probably because it was a Tuesday and Rich didn't go on until after 10:30, but still...there were only about 100 people there for his set. The sound for his band was not great either. WAY too much guitar in the mix and everything was just too loud and muddy. He wasn't as good as when I saw him on the "Through The Crooked Sun" tour, but the set was still strong as you can see... (and yes, it's that "Spanish Castle Magic" (which I believe is the first time he's ever played it), and yes, it's that "Presence of the Lord" and "Got To Get Better In A Little While"

• Options
    Does anyone own the Black Crowes Warpaint Live RSD release? I saw one close to my house and it was 89 dollars. Very tempted to pick this up but wanted to know what the quality is like, etc.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    I finally got my RR double LP and I'm lovin' it! It's the first one of Rich's solo records that I've bought. Great, rootsy, rock 'n roll. I think people are so used to hearing Chris's voice that it makes Rich's vocals odd to hear at first. By the time I got 3 songs into the record, I was really liking Rich's relaxed style of singing. The colored vinyls look badass too!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options

I finally got my RR double LP and I'm lovin' it! It's the first one of Rich's solo records that I've bought. Great, rootsy, rock 'n roll. I think people are so used to hearing Chris's voice that it makes Rich's vocals odd to hear at first. By the time I got 3 songs into the record, I was really liking Rich's relaxed style of singing. The colored vinyls look badass too!

Listen to Paper, Through A Crooked Sun and even some of the covers he sings for the Crowes and you can hear how much he's grown as vocalist and how comfortable he's become.

The album is sitting nicely in a rotation with the new Zep stuff and Lazaretto, which have all gotten me out of my vinyl listening funk. One of the coolest looking albums and despite some concerns with the colored vinyl, sounds fantastic.
  • Options
    saw Trigger Hippy (Steve Gorman, Jackie Greene, Joan Osbourne) saturday night and get to see Rich open for Tedeschi/Trucks tomorrow. Can't wait. :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    That's awesome. I would've loved to see RR, but he was opening for the Yardbirds and decent tickets were $130. I'm hoping he swings back through on a headlining tour.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

That's awesome. I would've loved to see RR, but he was opening for the Yardbirds and decent tickets were $130. I'm hoping he swings back through on a headlining tour.

I've seen Rich once before. Was blown away by how good the show was! :D

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Steve Gorman suggests TBC may be done for good =(( . Here's hoping time brings them back together.....
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/black-crowes-hint-at-retirement-20141003
  • Options
    my dad talked to chris robinson in missoula this summer. chris told my dad, the crowes are done and quote, "those guys fucking hate me."