Options

***THE OFFICE - SEASON 9 - FINAL SEASON***

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    If not Jim, then they should let Dwight be the boss. Looks like it won't happen, though.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Does anyone else think Jim will be promoted to manager?

he would be the logical choice....but they haven't indicated that in any of the promos. from the show's stand point, that would probably be the least funny way to go though. didn't like him in that role last year.

okay episode. opening credits looked weird without michael scott in them. pretty funny way to write off will farrell's character though. a horrible dunking accident. :lol:
    :lol::lol: Leave it to Jim to suggest an idea like that.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Warren Buffet to make an appearance on the season finale.

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/10 ... le/?hpt=T2
  • Options
    Definitely a good one tonight.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Newch91 wrote:
    Definitely a good one tonight.

that was one of the better one's they've done over the last few years.

the greatness of last night's episode is why they need to hire someone from within. i'm really hoping all the big stars next week are just a tease for ratings...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    It was good last night. I heard this morning they were talking about Ashton Kutcher. Yuck. no thanks. I kinda like the James Spader idea--I think he could be funny in it.
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Last nights was so much better than last week's. I absolutely love the idea of Creed being manager :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Last nights was so much better than last week's. I absolutely love the idea of Creed being manager :lol::lol:

oh my god i forgot about that! hahaha :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    It was good last night. I heard this morning they were talking about Ashton Kutcher. Yuck. no thanks. I kinda like the James Spader idea--I think he could be funny in it.

think ashton kutcher is replacing charlie sheen on that show
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    EmBleve wrote:

think ashton kutcher is replacing charlie sheen on that show
    Ahh. Okay. That's cool. I'm just not a fan. :D And, yeah, Creed is going to be something.
  • Options
    :lol::lol: Agree on both. Just let Creed be the manager for the season finale to see how it fits. But if he does become manager, that would ruin the character. I love his one-liners.
  • Options
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    :lol::lol: Agree on both. Just let Creed be the manager for the season finale to see how it fits. But if he does become manager, that would ruin the character. I love his one-liners.

no it wouldn't. he could still have a bit part like he does now, perhaps more lines of course. but they made it a point to say they don't need a manager for them to do their jobs in last night's episode. i know i sure as hell don't need much help at all from my manager to sell mortgages. :lol:

they could pull this off if it's done the right way. i sinserely doubt they will do this though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

no it wouldn't. he could still have a bit part like he does now, perhaps more lines of course. but they made it a point to say they don't need a manager for them to do their jobs in last night's episode. i know i sure as hell don't need much help at all from my manager to sell mortgages. :lol:

they could pull this off if it's done the right way. i sinserely doubt they will do this though.
    Yeah, good point. It was funny the way Jim said it.
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    I think they will definitely go outside the current cast because it will give them an opportunity to re-brand and market the show. If they just hire someone already on the show that has no sizzle. This last episode was the best in probably two years and no Michael Scott. As I have said before the show became too much about him and he became a caricature of himself. Glad that is over.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    Watching the show without Carrell reminds me "Happy Days" without Ron Howard. I've been watching "Happy Days" and I'm on the episodes after Ron Howard. It's just missing the extra comedy that made it funnier.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I thought the show jumped the shark when they had the baby. I find it hard to watch, but I did catch last night's episode and it was funny.
  • Options
    I think they will definitely go outside the current cast because it will give them an opportunity to re-brand and market the show. If they just hire someone already on the show that has no sizzle. This last episode was the best in probably two years and no Michael Scott. As I have said before the show became too much about him and he became a caricature of himself. Glad that is over.

kinda agree with you here. a lot of shows let this happen to themselves though...including the alltime greatest, seinfeld.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Definitely, it's like when That 70's Show tried to continue without Eric. It just lost what it used to be, regardless of who was replacing him.

When they were discussing/protesting seniority with Jo, I kept thinking who the hell is it that has the most?? Priceless to see Creed's face as he settled into that desk.
  • Options
    Definitely, it's like when That 70's Show tried to continue without Eric. It just lost what it used to be, regardless of who was replacing him.

When they were discussing/protesting seniority with Jo, I kept thinking who the hell is it that has the most?? Priceless to see Creed's face as he settled into that desk.
    I forgot about That 70's Show also.

Definitely. I thought they were looking at Jim in the conference room when she said that about the seniority.

Also, how awesome has Gabe been? Kind of freaky, but funny at the same time.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Definitely. I thought they were looking at Jim in the conference room when she said that about the seniority.

hahaha Gabe must be a great actor, because I HATE his character! He is so creepy and whiney and always acting like such a buzzkill. I guess that's why he plays that role so well. I know it's been done before, but I still want Erin and Andy to get back together.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    Newch91 wrote:

Funny, they were looking at Jim and the look on his face said it all, because he knew who it would be.
  • Options
    i agree gabe is hillariously awkward.

really hope jim doesn't end up as manager.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    They just need to give it up. Its run its course. Let it go.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

did you watch last night? it was hillarious
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

did you watch last night? it was hillarious

Yeah, I watched it. I thought it was pretty funny. I just don't see it being funny for all that long without them really stretching. All these cameos are already stretching it.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Funny, they were looking at Jim and the look on his face said it all, because he knew who it would be.
    Yeah, I just watched it again with my dad and I got it with what Toby said about seniority.
  • Options
    I couldn't stop laughing when Dwight made everyone do the pledge of allegiance and morning announcements. :lol:
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    I couldn't stop laughing when Dwight made everyone do the pledge of allegiance and morning announcements. :lol:

jazz hands.... :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

jazz hands.... :lol:
    Shagadelic baby.