Options

***THE OFFICE - SEASON 9 - FINAL SEASON***

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Watched it today.

"When Larry King died, they didn't cancel his show. They got Pierce Morgan to replace him."

The opening scene with Michael and DeAngelo delivering the Dundie noms was hysterical, especially Stanley yelling at them and Michael egging Toby's house.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    I thought the first episode with Will Farrell was pretty good.
    I thought the second (Dundies 2) was one of the worst episodes to date. Ugh! Just miserable! :x
  • Options
    Just saw a preview for Thursday...not gonna lie, my eyes did start to get a little watery. Not much, though.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    i might not watch another episode because will farrell is so predictably not funny.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    yeah... that was the series finale as far as i'm concerned

had me a little weepy

wish they had thrown in a few more jokes to keep it more upbeat

i hope the film career pans out for steve rather than going the full chevy :?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    missed the first 10 mins. This was the first episode i've seen in months. Not really gonna be the same without him :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    :cry::cry::cry: Not going to lie, I was balling at the end. Damn you Jim!

SPOILER for anyone that hasn't seen it yet: I thought it was fitting that Pam was his last goodbye, since she was like his main best friend throughout. It was also fitting that his last line was "That's what she said."
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    :cry::cry: Not going to lie, I was balling at the end. Damn you Jim!

Glad to know it wasn't just me... I started 15 minutes into the show though :(
  • Options
    my wife was welling up at the end too. I LOVED that his last line was "That's what she said" and that you couldn't actually hear it. Brilliant.

it's going to suck now. The Michael character IS the show, IMHO.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    sad episode. nicely done though. i kept looking at the clock hoping there was more and more time. :)

i agree with what everyone else said...fitting way to end with the "that's what she said" and pam saying goodbye last. also liked the paintball scene with dwight..

--was that jim carey at the end? my dvr cut off right at that point
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited April 2011
    sad episode. nicely done though. i kept looking at the clock hoping there was more and more time. :)

i agree with what everyone else said...fitting way to end with the "that's what she said" and pam saying goodbye last. also liked the paintball scene with dwight..

Yeah it was Jim Carrey. Here's the commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWXwH1y3qc4

I can't wait till Will Ferrell leaves. He's been unfunny and frankly pretty useless.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    yeah... now they're gonna go to a slew of big name cameos in a pathetic attempt to keep the show alive

just let it go!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    what the.....? I didn't see Jim Carrey???
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    I think this was the best episode of the season thus far. The scene that got to me was Jim saying goodbye to Michael. And I loved that Lost In Translation scene at the airport too.
  • Options
    "Somehow I Manage" by Michael Scott:

http://www.nbc.com/the-office/exclusive ... -i-manage/
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty good last night.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    caught up on the will ferrell episodes last night. I was pretty disappointed. Only times I laughed out loud were during the Dundee awards episode. first when they were at meredith's house and she was doing the walk of shame. will ferrell's line...'this place reminds me of katrina' :lol::lol::lol: . Then when Erin was breaking up with Gabe (his character is almost as annoying as the Jim/Pam scenes) on stage and Dwight played the crickets sound on the keyboard.

Sadly I'm not optimistic that this show will be around much longer. I am holding out hope for Darryl and Dwight to become joint managers.
  • Options
    Does anyone else think Jim will be promoted to manager?
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

ugh.

I was really hoping michael was gonna take pam and jim with him last night.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

he would be the logical choice....but they haven't indicated that in any of the promos. from the show's stand point, that would probably be the least funny way to go though. didn't like him in that role last year.

okay episode. opening credits looked weird without michael scott in them. pretty funny way to write off will farrell's character though. a horrible dunking accident. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,776
    I thought it sucked last night.

I hear the front runner for replacing Michael is James Spader.
  • Options
    I thought it sucked last night.

I hear the front runner for replacing Michael is James Spader.

I agree. anticlimactic

Who is James Spader?
  • Options
    james-spader-profile.jpg
  • Options
    james-spader-profile.jpg

is that jerry's college buddy that ran kenny rogers roasters?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    james-spader-profile.jpg

haha...good call. yes it is.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    james-spader-profile.jpg

haha...good call. yes it is.

sadly that's the only thing I know him from.

good fit?
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    The Jim scene got to me, too. :cry: I really don't think it will be the same without Steve Carrell. He really made that show imo. Might be time to let it go...
  • Options
    he's been in a ton of movies. good actor.

i hope they do something within too. if they go outside, then the show should focus primarily on the cast that's already been there and not make the new guy the star of the show.

the odds of this show lasting more than another year are incredibly small. hopefully they can pull it off.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He was awesome on Boston Legal. I like him a lot.

It all depends on the character they develop as to whether anyone will be a good fit.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I wonder if Ed helms will bounce next if the hangover 2 is successful