Options

Nickelback's "All The Right Reasons": influenced by YIELD?

Comments

• Options
    somebodies been hittin the crack pipe, you better hope your work does'nt see this cause they will definately be giving your ass a piss test.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    And which one of PJ's songs will you compare 'I wanna be a rockstar' to? :lol:
    I have seen both in concert, (Nickelback I have seen live acoustic as well) and sorry, but as PJ comes upon becoming 'classic rock' (25 years according to most classic rock stations) you cannot compare them with an 'arena rock' band.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:

As great as YIELD was, we are lucky to have an album that came later that was not only influenced by the YIELD album, "All The Right Reasons" surpasses it musically & intellectually. Moving forward, just like that car on the cover. With all this growth, one can summarize that 1998 has been left in the past, Nickeback are a better band than Pearl Jam.

i think u should remove yourself from this board.....
    this is sacrilegious (to the Pearl Jam religion of course)
    :evil:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,858
    Are the coals on the grill ready yet? I'll have my fanch medium rare please! :lol::lol:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Yield is my favorite PJ album & I do not agree with you at all. How do you even come to compare PJ with Nicklewhatevertheheck. Plus I think you posted in the wrong forum.
    This is just funny & I think you need to try NOT to find any little thing to compare the 2 albusm to. And the artwork?? dunno.... :idea:
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Fanch has outdone himself this time. :lol:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    chorduroychorduroy Posts: 72
    [ Has anyone here listened to YIELD and All The Right Reasons back to back, like an original and a sequel?[/quote]

Has anyone ever stuck a hot poker in their eye?

Why would anyone in their right mind wanna go from "All those yesterdays" to something like "looooooog at this photograph.....hevery time i do it makes me laugh" Just typing that out makes me want to projectile vomit
    That's like going from the Penthouse to the outhouse....
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    I’d like to discuss Nickelback's "All The Right Reasons" album, is incredible & directly influenced by the YIELD album. If there were no YIELD, there would be no All The Right Reasons. Songs like "Do it Like We're Animals" are too intelligent for the masses to understand; the working class all think the song is about sex, but we intellectuals know that song is really about Evolution (influenced by DTE, of course). “Photograph” is chilling & reflecting, as we all know that where we were in our past is part of how we with nature change, grow, and become at peace with it. “Side of a Bullet” is about the horrors of war, and now unnatural war is. “Rock Star” is about the shallowness of rock stardom, as Chad knows that he is an artist and above all that stuff. Chad wouldn’t ever be in one of those awful hairbands like Warrant.

cd-cover.jpg

Look at that artwork, it is a direct tribute. Notice that the in the photo, we can see the front of the car (moving forward) while we also can only see where it has been. This is symbolic that we can only see the past, but at the same time we’re moving forward into the unknown. You can’t see where the car is going. The sun setting in the background is a subtle nod to the song LOW LIGHT. Notice that the LOW LIGHT is behind the car, we’ve already seen it, it’s in the past and we’re moving forward.

As great as YIELD was, we are lucky to have an album that came later that was not only influenced by the YIELD album, "All The Right Reasons" surpasses it musically & intellectually. Moving forward, just like that car on the cover. With all this growth, one can summarize that 1998 has been left in the past, Nickeback are a better band than Pearl Jam.
    take it to nickelback.com ....YOU ARE CRAZY!
    thefixer
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    While I have no love for Nickelback's work, I do not care for the tone some of you are taking when replying to His Fanchness. Recognize PJ forum royalty when you are in its presence. Now drink 3 Natty Lights, listen to Whitesnake's 1987 self-titled album, say an act of contrition, and go in peace.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Uh oh Fanch... the PJ Taliban is out for blood! You best go In Hiding. But thank you brave sir for the enlightenment on Nickleback. I have seen the light now.... it's a very natty light. Only you with the natty dreads could have envisioned this. Hail hail the mighty Fanch!
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Leave it to fanch to come out of nowhere with this!!! :lol:
    Damn, whats wrong with you white people!! :mrgreen:

I agree. This stuff is gold ! GOLD I SAY !! :lol:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Funny stuff..

Do people actually think this is a serious thread? What the hell?

If they can't pick up the sarcasm here, maybe more people here should be over at the nickelback forum..
  • Options
    DocChicago wrote:
    While I have no love for Nickelback's work, I do not care for the tone some of you are taking when replying to His Fanchness. Recognize PJ forum royalty when you are in its presence. Now drink 3 Natty Lights, listen to Whitesnake's 1987 self-titled album, say an act of contrition, and go in peace.
    BOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOO!!!!!
    thefixer
  • Options
    this was obvious.. take your heads outta your asses and appreciate nickelback for who they are.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    this was obvious.. take your heads outta your asses and appreciate nickelback for who they are.

FINALLY someone with some sense!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Aaron 23Aaron 23 Allen, TX Posts: 534
    ...and to think this whole time I thought they were influenced by Binaural.

:lol: at the people taking this as a serious thread.
  • Options
    thrakerthraker Posts: 61
    This thread has given me the bravery to finally post my thoughts on the obvious musical/lyrical/intellectual influence that Pearl Jam has had on Limp Bizkit's masterstroke "Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water". Fred Durst is the perfect example of how the student has outdone the teacher.

cd-cover.jpg
  • Options
    lednukelednuke Posts: 48
    fanch75 wrote:
    I’d like to discuss Nickelback's "All The Right Reasons" album, is incredible & directly influenced by the YIELD album. If there were no YIELD, there would be no All The Right Reasons. Songs like "Do it Like We're Animals" are too intelligent for the masses to understand; the working class all think the song is about sex, but we intellectuals know that song is really about Evolution (influenced by DTE, of course). “Photograph” is chilling & reflecting, as we all know that where we were in our past is part of how we with nature change, grow, and become at peace with it. “Side of a Bullet” is about the horrors of war, and now unnatural war is. “Rock Star” is about the shallowness of rock stardom, as Chad knows that he is an artist and above all that stuff. Chad wouldn’t ever be in one of those awful hairbands like Warrant.

cd-cover.jpg

Look at that artwork, it is a direct tribute. Notice that the in the photo, we can see the front of the car (moving forward) while we also can only see where it has been. This is symbolic that we can only see the past, but at the same time we’re moving forward into the unknown. You can’t see where the car is going. The sun setting in the background is a subtle nod to the song LOW LIGHT. Notice that the LOW LIGHT is behind the car, we’ve already seen it, it’s in the past and we’re moving forward.

I'm pretty sure side of a bullet is about dime bag Darrell getting shot, not war

• Options
    Who's better, Kiss or Nickleback? I can't decide, they're both so amazing.
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    Fanch, your review is fascinating.

I've been compiling a list of reasons why Chad Kroeger is the finest and most profound lyricist of the modern age, but I've been too fearful to post it. Your bold comparison of these two albums may be just the push I needed.

I mean with a song title like "Feelin' Way Too Damn Good", how can one's genius be questioned?

Or lyrics like "I like your pants around your feet, I like the dirt thats on your knees" Chad Kroeger is a lyrical genius. :lol:
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Neuge wrote:
    Or lyrics like "I like your pants around your feet, I like the dirt thats on your knees" Chad Kroeger is a lyrical genius. :lol:

Chad is using blatant metaphors to illustrate his frustration with our presence in the Middle East.

You take his lyrics at face value and do not understand the brilliance and genius of Kroeger.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Please write more often, Fanch.

Please.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    DocChicago wrote:
    I do not care for the tone some of you are taking when replying to His Fanchness. Recognize PJ forum royalty when you are in its presence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kz7YUdy-Cg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    As hilarious as the original post was, the people getting offended are cracking me up more!

Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 713
    no really, I think fanch is on to something.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    fanch75 wrote:

cd-cover.jpg

Jesus, this thread is not funny at all...but if you were serious I will be laughing at it! :D :P :mrgreen:
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    whats worse pepole who think pepole think this is a serious thread? Or the pepole who respond to pepole who get mad and make fun of thread? 1st person response funny! but, 2nd person response stupid ! (action - re action) what do you call the 3rd in this phrase ? GIVE ME A BREAK PEPOLE.....
    thefixer
  • Options
    PilatesDogARPilatesDogAR Posts: 124
    People need to read the entire thread before they post and a lot of this confusion and bickering will be eliminated...
    I wanna taste... everyone I see....

• Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    Wow, I guess some people haven't been on these boards all that long... :lol:

Funny stuff.
This discussion has been closed.