Options

Nickelback's "All The Right Reasons": influenced by YIELD?

fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
edited July 2010 in The Porch
I’d like to discuss Nickelback's "All The Right Reasons" album, is incredible & directly influenced by the YIELD album. If there were no YIELD, there would be no All The Right Reasons. Songs like "Do it Like We're Animals" are too intelligent for the masses to understand; the working class all think the song is about sex, but we intellectuals know that song is really about Evolution (influenced by DTE, of course). “Photograph” is chilling & reflecting, as we all know that where we were in our past is part of how we with nature change, grow, and become at peace with it. “Side of a Bullet” is about the horrors of war, and now unnatural war is. “Rock Star” is about the shallowness of rock stardom, as Chad knows that he is an artist and above all that stuff. Chad wouldn’t ever be in one of those awful hairbands like Warrant.

cd-cover.jpg

Look at that artwork, it is a direct tribute. Notice that the in the photo, we can see the front of the car (moving forward) while we also can only see where it has been. This is symbolic that we can only see the past, but at the same time we’re moving forward into the unknown. You can’t see where the car is going. The sun setting in the background is a subtle nod to the song LOW LIGHT. Notice that the LOW LIGHT is behind the car, we’ve already seen it, it’s in the past and we’re moving forward.

As great as YIELD was, we are lucky to have an album that came later that was not only influenced by the YIELD album, "All The Right Reasons" surpasses it musically & intellectually. Moving forward, just like that car on the cover. With all this growth, one can summarize that 1998 has been left in the past, Nickeback are a better band than Pearl Jam.
Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Someone's a comedian!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I hope this is a joke.

So your main point is that this piece of shit Nickelback album is better than Yield?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA i just literally laughed out loud...your a fool
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I was too scared to post my similar feelings about this album as well.

You hit the nail on the head.

Thumbs up!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Nickelback??? :lol::lol::lol::lol::sick::sick::sick::sick:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Never even put a Pearl Jam album - especially YIELD - in the same sentence or comparison to Nickelback.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Mommy,

Who is that scary man?? :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,673
    I think you meant he hit his head on a nail.

Shameful.
  • Options
    DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    Then I wish there was no Yield :oops:
  • Options
    I was too scared to post my similar feelings about this album as well.

You hit the nail on the head.

Thumbs up!

PBM

It's okay. Don't be afraid.

If people had an open mind (that is, outside of being the hip "alternative" music fan), then they could see this too. I'm glad that I was able to do this and don't care so much what other people think.
  • Options
    InsideManInsideMan Posts: 261
    What a truly forced comparison. Trying to compare apples and oranges does not work my friend.
    2009: Philly 3 & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG I
    2011: EV Philly
    2012: Philly MIA
    2013: Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Philly 1 & 2, Baltimore
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Providence Posts: 99
    BRAVO! My only wish is the review were longer and went into even greater depth to analyze the often misunderstood genius that is Nickelback.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Maybe NBC could use this comedy.
  • Options
    fanch75 wrote:
    As great as YIELD was, we are lucky to have an album that came later that was not only influenced by the YIELD album, "All The Right Reasons" surpasses it musically & intellectually. Moving forward, just like that car on the cover. With all this growth, one can summarize that 1998 has been left in the past, Nickeback are a better band than Pearl Jam.

That paragraph made my head explode. What the fuck?!
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    edited June 2010
    LMAO :lol:
    Post edited by arq on
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    mavimavi Posts: 941
    Hmm. I'm thinking, just maybe.....

macro_wrong_forum.jpg

:lol::lol:
    "He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once" R. Browning
  • Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    that was my first good laugh of the day. actually that's fuckin hilarious.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,690
    Leave it to fanch to come out of nowhere with this!!! :lol:
    Damn, whats wrong with you white people!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    You've got way too much time on your hands. That was hilarious! :lol:
    Bristow, VA 5/13/2010
    Baltimore, MD 10/27/2013
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 4/8/2016
    Miami, FL 4/9/2016
    Tampa, FL 4/11/2016
    Temple of the Dog - Philadelphia, PA 11/4/2016
    Seattle, WA 8/8/2018 & 8/10/2018
    Boston, MA 9/2/2018
    Nashville, TN 9/16/2022
  • Options
    as much as i disagree with the OP on many points, the part that annoyed me the most was that fact you down pearl jam on their own fan site...don't be a 10c member and claim out loud that one band is better than PJ...sure you are more than welcome to think it, but never make your view public on the lesser (lesser in your mind) band's fan club forum. that's rude and disrespectful. The members of this community as well as the moderators try our hardest to keep this forum for the most part positive toward the band. The only exception would be if it's a classic band (i.e. the beatles, the who, led zep, etc. etc.) because those are no brainers.

not to mention this thread belongs in the "other music" forum

P.S. to avoid future conflicts regarding when i said we try to keep the forum positive, voicing your disappointments with the band is for the most part constructive criticism and should still be regarded as positive.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    as much as i disagree with the OP on many points, the part that annoyed me the most was that fact you down pearl jam on their own fan site...don't be a 10c member and claim out loud that one band is better than PJ...sure you are more than welcome to think it, but never make your view public on the lesser (lesser in your mind) band's fan club forum. that's rude and disrespectful. The members of this community as well as the moderators try our hardest to keep this forum for the most part positive toward the band. The only exception would be if it's a classic band (i.e. the beatles, the who, led zep, etc. etc.) because those are no brainers.

P.S. to avoid future conflicts regarding when i said we try to keep the forum positive, voicing your disappointments with the band is for the most part constructive criticism and should still be regarded as positive.

PLEEEEEASE for the love of God tell me you are kidding here??
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,690

PLEEEEEASE for the love of God tell me you are kidding here??
    Apparently someone unfamiliar with our Natty Light swilling, Ace Frehley loving fanch.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

It's called "un chiste" dude...
    Bristow, VA 5/13/2010
    Baltimore, MD 10/27/2013
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 4/8/2016
    Miami, FL 4/9/2016
    Tampa, FL 4/11/2016
    Temple of the Dog - Philadelphia, PA 11/4/2016
    Seattle, WA 8/8/2018 & 8/10/2018
    Boston, MA 9/2/2018
    Nashville, TN 9/16/2022
  • Options
    don't be a 10c member and claim out loud that one band is better than PJ...sure you are more than welcome to think it, but never make your view public on the lesser (lesser in your mind) band's fan club forum. that's rude and disrespectful.

Well lucky for us, Mr. PJ Gestapo Guy, we are able to discuss different points of view on this board. And, the OP is very much glowing over YIELD. Read my posts, you'll see that I praise YIELD like no other.

It's well known on this board that I'm one of PJ's few black fans. I think you probably have a problem with that, Mr. PJ Gestapo Guy. Brothers like me need to just shut up and keep our thoughts to ourselves.

Anyway, let's not derail the thread. Let's discuss on, as I think I'm on to something here. Has anyone here listened to YIELD and All The Right Reasons back to back, like an original and a sequel?
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    S-A-R-C-A-S-M is priceless to me...
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    Lots of newbies in this thread, eh?

What's next, a glowing review of Riot Act? :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    LukinzLukinz Posts: 386
    Nickleback makes me drive my car off a cliff.
    2003: Madison Square Garden 1
    2006: East Rutherford 1, East Rutherford 2
    2008: Madison Square Garden 2
    2010: Newark
    2013: Brooklyn 2 GA
  • Options
    halloween-costume-pig-dog-i-am-conf.jpg
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    I'm laughing more and more with each refresh. This is amazing.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    Fanch, your review is fascinating.

I've been compiling a list of reasons why Chad Kroeger is the finest and most profound lyricist of the modern age, but I've been too fearful to post it. Your bold comparison of these two albums may be just the push I needed.

I mean with a song title like "Feelin' Way Too Damn Good", how can one's genius be questioned?
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
This discussion has been closed.