Options

***ZiggyStar's Holy Grail has Arrived!!!!!!!***

Comments

• Options
    arq wrote:
    F**k if some people don't have anything good to add just move a long and save your time. What's the problem if this is a popularity contest? Some fans want to do something nice to a fan,
    why now u don't bitching?

Agreed.
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    norm wrote:
    Jackson_popcorn.gif

one of my favorite things that gets posted on this board!!! bravo, sir!! bravo! :lol::lol:

and to Ziggy...you deserve it. don't let one person's negativity get you down.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    arq wrote:
    F**k if some people don't have anything good to add just move a long and save your time. What's the problem if this is a popularity contest? Some fans want to do something nice to a fan,

There's a lot of generous and amazing acts performed on here and within the pj community and its cool to see some of them rewarded

Not cool to rain on someone's wishlist, its their holy grail, they shouldnt have to defend it

Congrats Zig, super well deserved
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    edited June 2010
    arq wrote:
    exactly!!!and i m happy that ziggy won and not a negative bitching fucker..and u know what?..will never win!!!cos good,kind positive people are more than those fuckers..so Ziggy won,congrats girl...i wish we can date together monica bellucci....oh no..i want her omly for me :twisted:
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    leave ziggles alone! you don't know her well enough to make your big public statements. she's a peach. i'll fight til the death!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Why would Ziggy want the Into The Wild LP? I cannot image her liking that album or that movie in any way shape or form.

Ziggy? Do you really like the Into The Wild album or movie? Really? You? The girl who hates all slow Pearl Jam songs? The girl who complains about every song with too many yeah yeah yeahs in it? Really? :?

Same with the Benaroya Hall show. An all acoustic - mostly slow set of Pearl Jam. Really? You want that? YOU? This has got to be about a different ZiggyStar.

All this for one of PJ's most critical fans of their slow material? A girl who gets so bored with the last album that she skips like 3 or 4 of the slow songs?? And she wants the Into The Wild or Benaroya Hall albums on LP?? Shouldn't those be for someone who would really appreciate the music on them not just to have them on a shelf?

#1. i know for a fact Ziggy loves the ITW soundtrack and Benny Hall
    #2. i get bored and skip half the songs on Backspacer myself, there is no rule that you must LOVE every PJ song or album
    #3. Parachutes blows, Wishlist is a piss break song, and neither are found on ITW or Benny Hall, thank god. people have different tastes in music, and again, thank god for that.
    #4. There are far too many self righteous, holier then thou PJ fans walking around already, and you are too cool my good friend to be just another one in a long line of entitled PJ fans
    #5. who really gives a shit. she is a dedicated hardcore PJ fan. it is her holy grail. she won the contest,so stop being a poor sport brother.

I know for a fact she was VERY excited to win, and i think it is selfish to throw around negativity to try and sap her enthusiasm. let her enjoy this and dont make it a typical message pit whining bitchfest over nothing
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    wow didnt expect to see this brewing up on here.....

Nobody has to contribute.,...its voluntary, it was open to all, Ziggy won, great for her, who are we to question what she selected? I for one do not know her nearly enough - as i think on one but her close friends will.

But Ziggy, you are wrong about that film.....big time, i thought it was fucking brilliant ;);)

and your still wrong about the yeah yeah yeahs!!!! :lol:

people take this place far too seriously
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    pdalowsky wrote:

Nobody has to contribute.,...its voluntary, it was open to all, Ziggy won, great for her, who are we to question what she selected? I for one do not know her nearly enough - as i think on one but her close friends will.

But Ziggy, you are wrong about that film.....big time, i thought it was fucking brilliant ;);)

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, back to the task at hand. List is updated - we need more people! I'm still going to give it another day or two and hopefully we will get some more people to donate. Once we have a good list, I'll start sending out PM's with more info
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    LukinFan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, back to the task at hand. List is updated - we need more people! I'm still going to give it another day or two and hopefully we will get some more people to donate. Once we have a good list, I'll start sending out PM's with more info

yeah come on peeps or we will have to buy Ziggy her favourite song - the fixer 7 inch......
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    pdalowsky wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah come on peeps or we will have to buy Ziggy her favourite song - the fixer 7 inch......
    Or maybe a vegemite sandwich...

She comes from a land down under... oh yeah yeah
    Ok maybe that was playing in the car this morning :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    I'll donate some money to the cause. :)
  • Options
    updated
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Everybody needs to just chill out. LukinFan and I only intended on this to be a fun and exciting thing to do for a fellow die-hard fan. He has said, and I completely agree, that there have been so many kind and generous people on the board who have helped him out in the past, that it's time to pay it forward. Ziggy is really cool chick with a lot of friends on the board. She won fair and square. Also, who are we to judge what somebody considers their most sought after Pearl Jam-related item? That's pretty uncool to make judgements and accusations about something like that. But it is America, and you are entitled to your opinion. Personally, I don't know of ANY Pearl Jam fans that AREN'T crazy about Benny Hall or ITW, because let's face it, they both KICK ASS!

That's all I have to say.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    Everybody needs to just chill out. LukinFan and I only intended on this to be a fun and exciting thing to do for a fellow die-hard fan. He has said, and I completely agree, that there have been so many kind and generous people on the board who have helped him out in the past, that it's time to pay it forward. Ziggy is really cool chick with a lot of friends on the board. She won fair and square. Also, who are we to judge what somebody considers their most sought after Pearl Jam-related item? That's pretty uncool to make judgements and accusations about something like that. But it is America, and you are entitled to your opinion. Personally, I don't know of ANY Pearl Jam fans that AREN'T crazy about Benny Hall or ITW, because let's face it, they both KICK ASS!

That's all I have to say.
    and im sure if i was a bostonian u would beone of my best friends
    well said :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    :D
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    :shifty:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    updated....again :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    LukinFan wrote:
    As most of you know, we decided to award someone here their Holy Grail. The community voted on it and not even 24 hours later, we have selected ZiggyStar as our winner of who we all think should get her Holy Grail.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=135134

She listed three things that she wants more than anything else:

1. 98 Rushmore poster (Wants this one the most!)
    2. Benaroya Hall vinyl
    3. ITW vinyl

If you have any of these things for sale, please PM either me or Fenway Faithful and hopefully we will be able to work something out.

Thanks!

Update:

okay, time to get organized. If you would like to chip in to get ZiggyStar her Holy Grail, please post in this thread. No need to tell me how much you want to give - we'll talk through PM about that once we get a good list of people to donate. I will update the first post with the list of people.

It may not be a surprise to ZiggyStar that she won, but since she gave us three holy grails that she really wants - she doesn't know which one she's getting!!!! :lol: We'll talk through PM about that too in a few days.

The list:

LukinFan
    Fenway Faithful
    Black Diamond
    Rearviewrelease
    shep
    arq
    pdalowsky
    DreamofAngels
    CranMalReign
    mfc2006
    theserialthrilla
    Vedder_Girl77
    vant0037
    youngster
    norm
    dimitrispearljam
    pjtradeking
    mavi
    demetrios
    zchick
    greenmanny
    mauichick

Not to be a bring down about this whole thing, but I do have to make this comment:

There must have been what, 100-200 people who listed their holy grail on that thread over the weekend? and now we have about 20 people willing to donate money? That is a little bit of BS.

Come on people, pony up.

If you tossed your name in the hat, you should help out. But I digress... back to fun stuff...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    As most of you know, we decided to award someone here their Holy Grail. The community voted on it and not even 24 hours later, we have selected ZiggyStar as our winner of who we all think should get her Holy Grail.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=135134

2. Benaroya Hall vinyl
    3. ITW vinyl

If you have any of these things for sale, please PM either me or Fenway Faithful and hopefully we will be able to work something out.

Thanks!

Update:

okay, time to get organized. If you would like to chip in to get ZiggyStar her Holy Grail, please post in this thread. No need to tell me how much you want to give - we'll talk through PM about that once we get a good list of people to donate. I will update the first post with the list of people.

It may not be a surprise to ZiggyStar that she won, but since she gave us three holy grails that she really wants - she doesn't know which one she's getting!!!! :lol: We'll talk through PM about that too in a few days.

The list:

LukinFan
    Fenway Faithful
    Black Diamond
    Rearviewrelease
    shep
    arq
    pdalowsky
    DreamofAngels
    CranMalReign
    mfc2006
    theserialthrilla
    Vedder_Girl77
    vant0037
    youngster
    norm
    dimitrispearljam
    pjtradeking
    mavi
    demetrios
    zchick
    greenmanny
    mauichick

Not to be a bring down about this whole thing, but I do have to make this comment:

There must have been what, 100-200 people who listed their holy grail on that thread over the weekend? and now we have about 20 people willing to donate money? That is a little bit of BS.

Come on people, pony up.

If you tossed your name in the hat, you should help out. But I digress... back to fun stuff...

Another thing people may not realize is that people will take note of the names of the people who donated. This is a close knit community who cares about each other. PLUS, the more people who are willing to donate, the amount everyone has to donate drops way down.

Be generous!
    2006/05/25 - Boston
    2008/06/30 - Mansfield
    2009/10/31 - Philadelphia
    2010/05/17 - Boston
    2011/06/15 - Providence (Eddie Vedder)
    2012/09/02 - Made in America
    2013/10/17 - Worcester
    2013/10/25 - Hartford
    2015/09/26 - Global Citizen Festival
    2016/08/05 - Fenway
    2016/08/07 - Fenway
  • Options
    Correction, there were 106 people who listed their grails, and now we have 20 people on the donation list - 2, as lukinfan and FF didn't include themselves in the draw... so there's still 88 people who should help out.

at least we have all their names on the list :twisted:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=135134

2. Benaroya Hall vinyl
    3. ITW vinyl

Thanks!

Update:

The list:

LukinFan
    Fenway Faithful
    Black Diamond
    Rearviewrelease
    shep
    arq
    pdalowsky
    DreamofAngels
    CranMalReign
    mfc2006
    theserialthrilla
    Vedder_Girl77
    vant0037
    youngster
    norm
    dimitrispearljam
    pjtradeking
    mavi
    demetrios
    zchick
    greenmanny
    mauichick

Come on people, pony up.

I agree, but in all fairness, we did say it didn't cost anyone to put their name in the hat or even to vote - but saying that, I was hoping a few more people that did vote for ZiggyStar would step up and donate towards her Holy Grail. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

I'm going to give it until probably Saturday - hoping that we get more people that want to donate, and then I'll start sending out PMs to everyone on this list and we'll just go from there.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    shep wrote:
    Correction, there were 106 people who listed their grails, and now we have 20 people on the donation list - 2, as lukinfan and FF didn't include themselves in the draw... so there's still 88 people who should help out.

actually two more too - Demetris and arq
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

so we have 90 people with a green disease....

See, this is why I don't do volunteer work and organize group events... There are always more people that "want" then are willing to "help". But whatever, i'm going to stop harping now, not going to let this ruin my day...

Halfway to weekend beers... Mmmmmmm weekend beers.....
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    i'd donate because i love ziggy BUT i take on a mortgage tomorrow (TOMORROW!!!) and can't afford it. even though i love her.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    the first time it was asked and where some of the names came from was just a generic question, what is your holy grail. It had nothing to do with putting your name in a hat to be in the running to actually get it. Also, I bet a lot of people didn't vote for who gets it. Is it fair to ask those people who didn't even vote for a donation? If I had some extra money hanging around, I'd throw in, but at the moment I'm in the process of buying a house/getting married, so monetary donations are out for myself. Going forward, I'll probably help out when possible if I can.

For the next round (if it happens again), the fairest way to do it would be to have a list of people donating to the cause, then assign each person a number and randomly pick one number from that group who is the lucky winner, more of a lottery than a popularity contest. if you donate more, you get more than one number, increasing your odds of winning your holy grail. ie. $10 = 1 #, $20 = 2#'s, etc....
  • Options
    the first time it was asked and where some of the names came from was just a generic question, what is your holy grail. It had nothing to do with putting your name in a hat to be in the running to actually get it. Also, I bet a lot of people didn't vote for who gets it. Is it fair to ask those people who didn't even vote for a donation? If I had some extra money hanging around, I'd throw in, but at the moment I'm in the process of buying a house/getting married, so monetary donations are out for myself. Going forward, I'll probably help out when possible if I can.

For the next round (if it happens again), the fairest way to do it would be to have a list of people donating to the cause, then assign each person a number and randomly pick one number from that group who is the lucky winner, more of a lottery than a popularity contest. if you donate more, you get more than one number, increasing your odds of winning your holy grail. ie. $10 = 1 #, $20 = 2#'s, etc....
    that is exactly what Fenway Faithful and I were thinking about doing - along with D's filming contest expertise - a random drawling would probably be more fair. As FF already stated a few posts up, we were just trying to do something fun and helping someone get their holy grail.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    LukinFan wrote:

that is exactly what Fenway Faithful and I were thinking about doing - along with D's filming contest expertise - a random drawling would probably be more fair. As FF already stated a few posts up, we were just trying to do something fun and helping someone get their holy grail.

ya, I still think this is a great idea and I wish I could help out more, just a more fair method of picking the winner going forward might help out the donation cause. if I didn't just get engaged and it wasn't phish tour month, I'd def. chip in (if you need help with anything not involving $, let me know).
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    LukinFan wrote:

ya, I still think this is a great idea and I wish I could help out more, just a more fair method of picking the winner going forward might help out the donation cause. if I didn't just get engaged and it wasn't phish tour month, I'd def. chip in (if you need help with anything not involving $, let me know).
    Thanks weekapaug. You're a real cool cat. Have fun mulching your face off at Phish buddy.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    edited June 2010
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

so we have 90 people with a green disease....

See, this is why I don't do volunteer work and organize group events... There are always more people that "want" then are willing to "help". But whatever, i'm going to stop harping now, not going to let this ruin my day...

Halfway to weekend beers... Mmmmmmm weekend beers.....

#1, I think it is absurd that something good like this has been tainted in the slightest bit by a couple of comments from some folks here.

Secondly...how dare you or anyone else call anyone out for not donating? NOT YOUR PLACE to tell people to "pony up". There was NOTHING ever stated that if you listed your grail that you had to donate. I think it shows little if no class at all to say "I donated, you should too". We dont know what everyones situation is or why they didnt donate, and who really cares. Why not just leave it alone, keep your $$ and donate it to a cause more worthy of your time and approval?? Why take away from LF and FF and Z for that matter?? This isnt the first or the last time this will be done here, but Ill tell you what, if this is the way its going to go, count me the fuck out! Why cant we just do something for the fun of it? Rules or no rules, right wrong or indifferent, flawed or not, the idea in principal is a great one isnt it? Or is it?
    Post edited by pjtradeking on
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12