Unreleased Pearl Jam Song "Better Days" Leaks

18910111214»

Comments

• BF25394 wrote:
    On another note, why is there this persistent myth that "Riot Act" is nothing but political songs? Most of the songs on that album do not address politics. Really, only "Bu$hleaguer," "Green Disease" and "1/2 Full" are political. Arguably, "Get Right," too, although it's pretty obtuse if it is.

I think Cropduster and Help, Help are about politics or the political environment of that time.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    BF25394 wrote:
    Maybe he wrote it for "Into The Wild" but it didn't make the movie, and now it's being contributed for "Eat Pray Love," kind of like "Dead Man" was written for "Dead Man Walking" but was left off the soundtrack until it surfaced as a B-side and, later, as a "Lost Dog."

On another note, why is there this persistent myth that "Riot Act" is nothing but political songs? Most of the songs on that album do not address politics. Really, only "Bu$hleaguer," "Green Disease" and "1/2 Full" are political. Arguably, "Get Right," too, although it's pretty obtuse if it is.

You name 1/3 of the album and overlook some tunes.

LBC, Cropduster, HelpHelp

I Am Mine and 1/2 Full kinda have political undertones

Down and Undone are the bsides from the album
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    DewieCox wrote:
    BF25394 wrote:
    Maybe he wrote it for "Into The Wild" but it didn't make the movie, and now it's being contributed for "Eat Pray Love," kind of like "Dead Man" was written for "Dead Man Walking" but was left off the soundtrack until it surfaced as a B-side and, later, as a "Lost Dog."

Not to mention during the Bush era when Eddie CONSTANTLY changed the lyrics to "don't see George Bush as half-empty - see him as all full of shit"
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    DewieCox wrote:
    BF25394 wrote:

First of all, I named 3 songs out of 15. That's 20 percent, not a third.

I did mention "1/2 Full." That one's pretty obvious.

You're right about "Help Help." I forgot that one.

But I don't agree about "Love Boat Captain," "Cropduster" and "I Am Mine." "LBC" is about Roskilde and the power of love. "I Am Mine" was inspired by 9/11, but it doesn't address the political fallout. It's an empowering and encouraging song about living each day as if it were your last. "Cropduster" is philosophical, not overtly political.

Of course, it's all subjective and reasonable minds can differ.

The B-sides aren't on "Riot Act."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    Julia Roberts movie? Ewwwww.
    I used my first post ever for the Julia Roberts movie?
    Ewwwwwwww. Ewwww. /Throws tantrum/
  • who cares about what soundtrack its on?
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Not loving it.
  • wishlist13wishlist13 Posts: 124
    Lovin it!!! :D
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I can't believe so many people like this song! :?

I can't believe so many people don't.

There's no accounting for taste.
    certainly no accounting for bad taste ;)

embarrassed that this C-side is getting any media coverage...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    makes more sense now that i see the "eat pray love" thing

the only thing this songs eats is... :shock:

:twisted:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    to be honest, i think these lyrics are in way, similar to Can't Keep... Which was on...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Save MeSave Me Posts: 147
    Couldn't wait to listen to this and just heard it and am so dissapointed. Terrible song. Have to listen to Unthought Known now to wash the bad taste away. Oh well.
    "The Wild is chasing after me. Hot on my trail won't leave me alone. All I can see is your blood right in front of me, and I can't kill The Wild." Me
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Save Me wrote:
    Couldn't wait to listen to this and just heard it and am so dissapointed. Terrible song. Have to listen to Unthought Known now to wash the bad taste away. Oh well.
    keep listening...
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • SeekMyPartSeekMyPart Posts: 14
    love love love this song!!! I read the book "Eat, Pray, Love" last summer and enjoyed every page! It's a true story written by journalist, Elizabeth Gilbert, of her journey through Italy, India & Indonesia. I had no idea they were making the movie until I heard Better Days today. I fell in love with the song instantly. I was on my third listen when I found out it was written for the movie...instant tears! My heart is overwhelmed with joy that Ed wrote this beautiful song for a "book" that truely touched my soul. I hope the movie is as good as the book.. you know what they say. So, those of you that don't like Julia Roberts, read the book! Ed's lyrics soooo fit this woman's journey, which truely is a journey for all of us. Thank you Eddie!!! <3<3<3
  • PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    I really loved this song. :thumbup:
    I'm a big fan of Eddie solo songs.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • tomstanochtomstanoch Posts: 23
    Ezikiel wrote:
    I absolutely love this song!!!

I love this song too!! I've listened to it probably 50 times so far. I'm a fan of the slow stuff.
  • wishlist13wishlist13 Posts: 124
    tomstanoch wrote:
    Ezikiel wrote:
    I absolutely love this song!!!

I love this song too!! I've listened to it probably 50 times so far. I'm a fan of the slow stuff.

I love this song as well!!! Can't stop playing it! Also a big fan of the slow stuff. I just hope to hear it live someday :)
  • I can't wait until the soundtrack comes out so I can buy it for this song. :D
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,593
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    How is it that this thread was not locked?
    This actually is confirmation of what I thought they were trying to do. I do agree with the experiment of holding up the "better days" sign :D
    I'd do it but I'm gonna be holding up a sign for Tremor Christ :P
    There she is!!! :D

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... =764257355
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam