Unreleased Pearl Jam Song "Better Days" Leaks

Comments

• IN YOUR FACES!!!!!!! TOLD YOU IT WAS ED!!!!!!! TOLD YOU IT WAS NEW!!!!!!! IN YOUR FACES!!!!!!! NEVER QUESTION MY EXPERTISE!!!!!!!

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

I WAS RIGHT AND YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!

RIOT ACT WHAT?

Good call! For those that missed it, here's the link:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/06/11/pear ... oundtrack/
  • tell him what he's won, folks!
  • Hopefully I've won ledbetterman as slave for a day.
    Toledo '96, Cleveland '98, Columbus '00, Cleveland '03, Toledo '04
    Washington D.C. '04, London '05,Hamilton '05,Grand Rapids '06,
    Cleveland '06, Detroit '06,Pittsburgh '06,Cincinnati '06,Chicago '07
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    CALLED IT. 'BETTER DAYS' NOT FROM RIOT ACT....NO EVEN PEARL JAM BUT NEW ED. CURSE ON THOSE WHO ARGUED.
    OK, but how do we know it wasn't an Ed song contributed to the Riot Act sessions?

Unless he wrote a new song and used the name.. or reworked an older version..

Either way, its a new recording and it new to us, so I guess it really doesn't make a difference.
  • CALLED IT. 'BETTER DAYS' NOT FROM RIOT ACT....NO EVEN PEARL JAM BUT NEW ED. CURSE ON THOSE WHO ARGUED.
    OK, but how do we know it wasn't an Ed song contributed to the Riot Act sessions?

anything is possible i guess, but i dont hear anything remotely RA in this.
  • listen: sometimes you record a song and you dont like it and you fix it and then record it again later. sometimes you have a song title to a song that you never end up using and then use the same title later in a new work cause you like the title. sometimes you write words to a song and then end up using the words in a different song. it's not done until it's released. nothing on this track was recorded in 2002.
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.
    edited June 2010
    MrSmith wrote:
    CALLED IT. 'BETTER DAYS' NOT FROM RIOT ACT....NO EVEN PEARL JAM BUT NEW ED. CURSE ON THOSE WHO ARGUED.

Riot Act has such diverse songs.. Would you have guessed You Are to be a Riot Act song if it was left off and found out years later? Or Down a b-side?

It's not like the band goes into the studio and plans on only writing downer political songs.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • and still they refuse to accept the facts *throws arms up*
  • PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    MrSmith wrote:
    tell him what he's won, folks!
    *insert announcer voice*
    Huuuugggggghhhhh've just won, one - 64 oz bottle of.........suntan lotion! That's right, keep your skin safe while basking in the glow of guessing correctly. We're also throwing in some sunglasses because your future's so bright, you gotta wear shades! Thanks for playing!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • MrSmith wrote:

Riot Act has such a diverse songs.. Would you have guessed You Are to be a Riot Act song if it was left off and found out years later? Or Down a b-side?
    thing is You Are doesnt sound like anything they ever did, before or since, but this sounds like something recent.

this probably has been kicked around awhile, they probably have a million little ideas thrown around. but i bet the vast majority of this song was made up recently. enough to call it new, anyway.
    and still they refuse to accept the facts *throws arms up*
    It probably is a new song, but the title is still used from a song for the Riot Act session. Maybe its the same song, maybe its just the same title, maybe it was reworked, who knows. The recording is new, and its new to us , so that's all that matters.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420

facts are for losers
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Well...There you have it.

Case Closed!!

I wonder if that's Julie Roberts on Mandolin :?
  • usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695

080110_streit_3.jpg
  • jones wrote:

facts are for losers

& people who are not fans of Glenn Beck.
    http://twitter.com/DarthSpacegrass
    Maple Leaf Gardens - Sep 21 - Downing Stadium, Randall's Island - Sep 28,29 1996 Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29 - Continental Arena - Sep 08 - MSG - Sep 10,11 1998 Jones Beach Music Theatre - Aug 24,25 2000 MSG - Jun 25, 2008 United Center - Aug 23,24 - Philly Spectrum - October 28,31 2009 PruCenter - May 18 - MSG - May 20,21 2010
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424

I missed in the article where it said it was written recently.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Good call! For those that missed it, here's the link:

http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/06/11/pear ... oundtrack/

Thanks for that! Good to have some stuff cleared up.

Absolutely loving this song more & more every time I play it!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    Woah dude. You are like, totally awesome bro. Can't wait to tell my girlfriend about you.
  • DewieCox wrote:

I missed in the article where it said it was written recently.

eggs-ellent. 8-)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097
    I'm just hoping his reward is a new caps lock key to replace the clearly broken one.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Hopefully I've won ledbetterman as slave for a day.

You should aim higher. I'd be a fucking awful slave. Unless you happen to be an attractive female who needs a sex slave. In that case...I'd still be fucking awful.

How about we leave it as it's an older song (like I said) but it was recorded now for Ed solo (like you said).
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    YAY I finally heard it & love it too! I think people are saying it's form ITW just because of the ethnic kind of accompaniment. I think Ed's voice definitely sounds more recent that RA.. There we go, JMHO ;)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    IN YOUR FACES!!!!!!! TOLD YOU IT WAS ED!!!!!!! TOLD YOU IT WAS NEW!!!!!!! IN YOUR FACES!!!!!!! NEVER QUESTION MY EXPERTISE!!!!!!!

RIOT ACT WHAT?

Congrats dude, but um really, it's not that big of a deal. Myself and a few others called it in the first 7 pages. Unless you maybe have cochlear implants, it seems anyone with even a shred of hearing left can tell that it was an ITW/BS era song. It's a distinctly different sound altogether.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Shawshank wrote:
    IN YOUR FACES!!!!!!! TOLD YOU IT WAS ED!!!!!!! TOLD YOU IT WAS NEW!!!!!!! IN YOUR FACES!!!!!!! NEVER QUESTION MY EXPERTISE!!!!!!!

RIOT ACT WHAT?

Congrats dude, but um really, it's not that big of a deal. Myself and a few others called it in the first 7 pages. Unless you maybe have cochlear implants, it seems anyone with even a shred of hearing left can tell that it was an ITW/BS era song. It's a distinctly different sound altogether.

I'm colorblind...so I have an excuse for sticking to the Riot Act and not hearing the difference (even though it was in black and white that it was from the Riot Act sessions)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043

RIOT ACT WHAT?

does anyone know if this guy is just taking the piss?
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    That dude was probably more excited about calling when it was written than Eddie was for writing it.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• BlahBlah Posts: 469
    I'll clear this whole thing up!

It's a Ten era song written by Boom Gasper with Kelly Curtis playing the solo.

The plot thickens :shifty:
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    A.) Whoa, buddy, calm down there. You might need to change your panties.

B.) That is hilarious that both Rolling Stone and Entertainment Weekly are commenting about this board... what did EW call us? "Always exciteable" (sp?) or something? Spot on.
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • in eds treein eds tree Posts: 539
    Beach Bum wrote:
    I'll clear this whole thing up!

It's a Ten era song written by Boom Gasper with Kelly Curtis playing the solo.

The plot thickens :shifty:

dun dun DUUNNNNNNNN :shifty:
    keep on rockin' in the free world.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    Maybe he wrote it for "Into The Wild" but it didn't make the movie, and now it's being contributed for "Eat Pray Love," kind of like "Dead Man" was written for "Dead Man Walking" but was left off the soundtrack until it surfaced as a B-side and, later, as a "Lost Dog."

On another note, why is there this persistent myth that "Riot Act" is nothing but political songs? Most of the songs on that album do not address politics. Really, only "Bu$hleaguer," "Green Disease" and "1/2 Full" are political. Arguably, "Get Right," too, although it's pretty obtuse if it is.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.