Options

***The Even Flow Appreciation Society***

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I'm in!! I've only seen PJ once, it changed my life & I LOVED seeign EF(as well as EV!!;->)!!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    SENROCK wrote:
    I am in! I'm gonna go throw Uniondale 03 up on the big screen! Transcendant.

Senrock, I didn't know there were Evenflow psycho T-shirts, I need one of those!

Dude!!! How the heck are you???????? Sooooooo good to see a "PSYCHO" up in here!!! And yes, i gotta get a shirt out to you!!! :D

Yes, I'm a large. Thanks!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    SENROCK wrote:
    I am in! I'm gonna go throw Uniondale 03 up on the big screen! Transcendant.

Senrock, I didn't know there were Evenflow psycho T-shirts, I need one of those!

Dude!!! How the heck are you???????? Sooooooo good to see a "PSYCHO" up in here!!! And yes, i gotta get a shirt out to you!!! :D

I'm here too!!

In fact I've just been listening to Vegas 93...with a 'wah' to start the show! :mrgreen:
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    "This isn't a TV stuido, Josh! Turn these lights out! This is a fucking rock concert!"

That quote in the beginning is awesome. The best part is that you know that it was probably unscripted and Eddie was probably just angry.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    bump............
  • Options
    COUNT ME IN!!!!
    I've got EVN FLQW on my license plates
    I love the rearview WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! It melts my freakin face and everything else away when I hear that. EVENFLOW rocks and EVERYBODY knows it!!!!!

wooooo hooooo
    love to show some love for the FLOW...
    I've got Feel the Flow inscribed on my ipod
    I'm a psycho!!!!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    SENROCK wrote:
    You guys are late to the party! There's been an EVENFLOW club for a while now!!! EVENFLOW PSYCHOS....shirts are FLOWting around 8-):D

Knew you would be in here!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Even flow Apprecciation FLOWciety!!!!!!!!

Feel the FLOW PSYCHOS!!!!!!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    right here!
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    After 4 superb shows I'm renewing my suscription for another 10 years! Pissbreak indeed!! :roll:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    haven't seen any flowsts today. JUST FLOWIN SOME LOVE!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    I am happy to be a member!
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Flow, flow, flow you boat gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily; life is but a dream.
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    I'm happy to be able to say ive been an 'evenflow psyco' and lover of the song for years hehe

Lets not forget how it has evolved over the years, I think Mike's statement below stands out the most in the very first demo of the song that was ever recorded (that we know). Can Stevie Ray Vaughan fans hear all the SRV licks in there from Lenny, Couldn't stand the weather etc? FKN AWESOME!
    "That's me pretending to be Stevie Ray Vaughan, and a feeble attempt at that. Stone (Gossard, Pearl Jam guitarist) wrote the riff and song; I think it's a D tuning. I just followed him in a regular pattern. I tried to steal everything I know from Stevie Ray Vaughan and put it into that song. A blatant rip-off. A tribute rip-off, if you will!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-A78_ZzGc&feature=player_embedded

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I'm in too :mrgreen:
    Just love it love i love it! :D

...thoughts arrive like butterflies...
    :mrgreen:
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    My first song also!! I'm in!!
    And he who forgets...will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    Count me in! I love this song! :D
  • Options
    Happy July Flowrth to EVERYONE
    BE SURE to crank up the PJ today!!!!!!

and to keep the flow alive here's a little ditty to get you through the morning

Someday yet, he'll begin his life again
    Whispering hands, gently lead him away
    Him away, him away...
    Yeah!
    Woo...ah yeah...
    fuck it up... :shock:
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Enjoy it every time I hear it, I'm in.
  • Options
    Where are the Flowvers today? I'm just rockin out to some Evenflow and Mike's solo is just about to make me not understand the laws of physics. You know what I'm sayin? I mean how do you even hold the guitar behind your head and roll tunes like that Mike? I FLOWVE IT!!!!!
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,908
    I'm in.
    Ithaca, NY-11/6/91 SPAC, NY-8/4/92 Rochester, NY-4/7/94 Toronto-9/21/96 Buffalo, NY-10/1/96 Barrie, ONT-8/20/98 Pittsburgh, PA- 8/25/98 Jones Beach, NY-8/23/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/24/00 Jones Beach, NY-8/25/00 SPAC, NY-8/27/00 Buffalo, NY-5/2/03 MSG-7/8/03 MSG -7/9/03 Hamilton, ONT-9/13/05 Albany, NY-5/12/06 Cleveland, OH-5/20/06 Camden, NJ-5/27/06 East Ruth, NJ-6/3/06 Chicago, IL-8/5/07 Bonnaroo-6/14/08 MSG-6/24/08 MSG-7/25/08 Mansfield, MA-7/30/08 Chicago, IL-8/23/09 Philly, PA-10/30/09 Philly, PA-10/31/09 Buffalo, NY 5/10/10 MSG 1&2 5/20-21/10
  • Options
    Sad that I`m gonna miss my Even Flow fix this weekend. :(
  • Options
    WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ugeek:
    ~FEEL THE FLOW~
  • Options
    Jen07Jen07 Posts: 116
    em jot wrote:
    I'm in too :mrgreen:
    Just love it love i love it! :D

...thoughts arrive like butterflies...
    :mrgreen:

Count me in for sure - my tattoo design even includes this lyric! Even Flow got me hooked on PJ way back then. Alive was great but it was Even Flow that really did it for me (and still does).
    Perth Nov 14, 2009
    Perth April 1, 2011 (EV solo)
  • Options
    My first Even Flow ever!! I fucking love this song so much and would sooner piss my pants than have a piss break!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkYUDt52s6k

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    Here is what I don't like about Even Flow. When you tell the casual person you're a PJ fan, the first thing they associate the band with is Even Flow or Alive because both are played on classic rock stations and what not. Or it's what they associate with the crazy popularity years of 91 - 93. At the end of the day, those two songs only scratch the surface of PJs amazing catalog.

I'd much rather have the band associated with Present Tense or Tremor Christ when the casual person hears the words Pearl Jam. But I'm a deeper tracks kind of guy and do whatever I can to remove myself from anything mainstream.

I could really go for never hearing any PJ song played on the radio ever again. That goes for Even Flow, Alive, Daughter, Elderly Woman and Better Man. They're all piss break songs for me although I try my hardest not to miss any songs. Only had to once and it was at Alpine last year during Elderly Woman. Call me a hypocrit, but for some reason I never get sick of Jeremy.

For every casual fan who wastes a ticket to go see PJ perform their "hits" rather than deeper tracks just makes me sick.

I am SUPER cool though.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
  • Options
    rbrum7 wrote:
    Here is what I don't like about Even Flow. When you tell the casual person you're a PJ fan, the first thing they associate the band with is Even Flow or Alive because both are played on classic rock stations and what not. Or it's what they associate with the crazy popularity years of 91 - 93. At the end of the day, those two songs only scratch the surface of PJs amazing catalog.

I'd much rather have the band associated with Present Tense or Tremor Christ when the casual person hears the words Pearl Jam. But I'm a deeper tracks kind of guy and do whatever I can to remove myself from anything mainstream.

I could really go for never hearing any PJ song played on the radio ever again. That goes for Even Flow, Alive, Daughter, Elderly Woman and Better Man. They're all piss break songs for me although I try my hardest not to miss any songs. Only had to once and it was at Alpine last year during Elderly Woman. Call me a hypocrit, but for some reason I never get sick of Jeremy.

For every casual fan who wastes a ticket to go see PJ perform their "hits" rather than deeper tracks just makes me sick.

I am SUPER cool though.
    Who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks or associates PJ with? These are the songs that put them where they are and have helped to keep them there. When you go to see PJ you get what you get and if you don't like hearing the hits then you've maybe gone too many times? Plenty folk will be seeing the band for their first time at every show and they will be guaranteed some of the hits but it's not like the setlists are identical every show. The band obviously still enjoy playing Even Flow and it's a showpiece for Mike and Matt. Long may it continue...........

• Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 976
    Hahaha, I couldn't wait to read what veddertown had to say in reply to my post. I knew he'd lose it...I love it.

I give you respect for the thread you started in June of 2010 still going strong. I'm sure you're a great dude, but please don't be that guy who bashes others just because they have differing opinions. In America that's what we call a Republican.

Let's all just get along man, I just shared my opinion. Bottom line is I love EVERY PJ song, I just pointed out what I didn't like about Even Flow.

In the spirit of your thread, here is what I like about it. Obviously Mikes solo and also the energy they still give off when they play it live 20 years since its release.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20 (Canceled)
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20 (Canceled)
    Indianapolis, IN - 9/10/23 (Canceled)
  • Options
    rbrum7 wrote:
    Hahaha, I couldn't wait to read what veddertown had to say in reply to my post. I knew he'd lose it...I love it.
    :shock: Am I that predictable! :lol:
    I wouldn't even dream of doing anything other than respecting honest opinions. I do fucking hate comments about the band from people who only know a couple of songs from 20 years ago though. Like, Are they still going? Are they back together? Altogether now.....

EVEN FLOOOOOW...... :D