Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Wilds wrote:
    kg-celtics-2008p.jpg

So nice..... I think I'll post it twice.

kg-celtics-2008p.jpg

I actually love seeing this picture becomes it helps me better envision what it's going to be like when the entire Celdicks team are crying like babies when they get their asses handed to them.

I can't wait for another championship parade this year, and I definitely can't wait for the sweet taste of revenge we are going to get from this series. Home court advantage + a better-than-ever Kobe + Artest + Bynum + an experienced Pau Gasol = revenge time.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Celdicks? Really? Thats the best you guys can come up with?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

You guys? As far as I can tell, I'm the only one speaking up here.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus

:lol: Keep fighting that good fight dude!

Seriously though, best of luck. It should be a fantastic series.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

:lol: Keep fighting that good fight dude!

Seriously though, best of luck. It should be a fantastic series.

Haha, same to you. Couldn't have asked for a better Finals -- I'm expecting 6-7 games with most coming down to the wire and lots of physical, tough play between the two. May the best team (the Lakers) win.

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Haha, same to you. Couldn't have asked for a better Finals -- I'm expecting 6-7 games with most coming down to the wire and lots of physical, tough play between the two. May the best team (the Lakers) win.

Agreed. This should make for a great NBA Finals. I do understand that people are sick of seeing Lakers / Celtics win...bu tin all honesty, it's mainly been the Lakers dominating championships more so than the Celtics. But, any true fan of basketball will appreciate this finals because of the sheer intensity it should bring with it's rivalry, and the fact that both these teams have a lot of big name players.

Can't wait for Game 1!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    please dear lord dont fuck this up lakers
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Hate to say it, celtics in 7!! They are hitting their stride at the right time..... Bynum will fall apart, gasol will be pushed around like a rag doll..... Kobe will be a monster, I don't think it will be enough. Don't get me wrong Pau is playing phenominal, he can't finesse the celts

plus they won in '08 and are 9-2 against the lakers all time in the finals

whoever wins it, enjoy while you can

Knicks will sign Joe Johnson and some other loser and will be gunning for u in 2095 :)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,705
    the Lakers of 2010 are head and shoulders above the Lakers of 2008, while the Celdicks are just older and slower.
    The differences for the Lakers are the addition of Artest, a definte upgrade over Ariza, and the fact that Bynum can suit up, a definite downgrade.(He'll foul out in at least 3 games)

For the Celtics, there is one glaring difference...Rondo's development from June 2008 to June 2010, he has improved by leaps and bounds, and that will be the difference in the series.
    Who is going to guard him? Derek Fisher? Now thats older and slower, Rondo will blow by him all game long. If they cheat with Artest or Kobe to help out on Rondo, they leave Ray Allen or Paul Pierce wide open, I'll take that any time.

Celtics in 6.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Poncier wrote:
    the Lakers of 2010 are head and shoulders above the Lakers of 2008, while the Celdicks are just older and slower.
    The differences for the Lakers are the addition of Artest, a definte upgrade over Ariza, and the fact that Bynum can suit up, a definite downgrade.(He'll foul out in at least 3 games)

For the Celtics, there is one glaring difference...Rondo's development from June 2008 to June 2010, he has improved by leaps and bounds, and that will be the difference in the series.
    Who is going to guard him? Derek Fisher? Now thats older and slower, Rondo will blow by him all game long. If they cheat with Artest or Kobe to help out on Rondo, they leave Ray Allen or Paul Pierce wide open, I'll take that any time.

Celtics in 6.

i'd argue with you on that but i can't :lol: and don't forget mr. kardasian...it's a neck and neck tie with ron ron for biggest head case on the team :roll: :P

GO LAKERS!! :mrgreen:
    norm wrote:

i'd argue with you on that but i can't :lol: and don't forget mr. kardasian...it's a neck and neck tie with ron ron for biggest head case on the team :roll: :P

GO LAKERS!! :mrgreen:
    in 2008, Mr. Kardasian and the Llama became shrinking violets when confronted with the Celts' physical style. It'll be interesting to see how they handle things this year. Llama is definitely playing well, but against west conference finesse teams who play little (OKC and UTAH) defense or absolutely no defense (Feenix) at all.
    Artest won't disappear in a physical game, I firmly believe he was brought on board just for this potential finals matchup, we'll see if he can be the difference.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Go_Lakers.gif
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Poncier wrote:

Celtics in 6.

I suspect Kobe will, for the most part, be assigned to Rondo, with Fisher on Allen. That's actually a decent plan since Allen is primarily a spot-up shooter who needs picks and screens to get open, and Fisher (despite his diminished speed) is a tough guard who does a good job of fighting through screens.

Of course, Fisher was primarily assigned to three very good point guards (two of which are definitely better than Rondo) in Westbrook, Deron Williams, and Nash in the playoffs so far, and none of those have done enough to bring their team to victory, so Phil may very well elect to play straight up again.

The key will be how the Lakers respond to Boston's style of defense. Everyone said that Phoenix was a poor warm-up for Boston, but I disagree. Boston plays a style that is very similar to the zone that Phoenix threw at the Lakers starting in game 3 of the WCF. Luckily, it gave the Lakers an opportunity to figure it out to the point where we know how to handle it now. If we can carry that over to the Finals, there should be another championship parade rolling through the streets of Los Angeles in a few weeks.

Poncier wrote:

Celtics in 6.

He may be an upgrade from Ariza, but he can't be considered a significant one. Artest time and time again has shown his low basketball IQ. Or am I the only one that sees the ridiculous shots he takes?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Artest time and time again has shown his low basketball IQ.

why confine to just basketball...the dude's head is full of rocks
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

Celtics in 6.

He may be an upgrade from Ariza, but he can't be considered a significant one. Artest time and time again has shown his low basketball IQ. Or am I the only one that sees the ridiculous shots he takes?

Artest's defensive mentality and physical toughness are an upgrade over Ariza, although I agree that he makes some really stupid decisions on the court at times. You take the good with the bad, I guess.

It seems like you're discussing the 2008 versions of the Lakers/Celtics, though, in which case this is a pretty meaningless discussion. Ariza was injured throughout most of the end of that season and hardly played against the Celtics. It was Vladimir Radmanovic who started at SF for the Lakers in the Finals, and he pretty much split minutes with Puke Walton. Surely you can't deny that, mental deficiencies or not, Artest is a HUGE upgrade over either of those two.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i'm on the Lakers bandwagon. fuck boston. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Of course, Fisher was primarily assigned to three very good point guards (two of which are definitely better than Rondo) in Westbrook, Deron Williams, and Nash in the playoffs so far, and none of those have done enough to bring their team to victory, so Phil may very well elect to play straight up again.

The key will be how the Lakers respond to Boston's style of defense. Everyone said that Phoenix was a poor warm-up for Boston, but I disagree. Boston plays a style that is very similar to the zone that Phoenix threw at the Lakers starting in game 3 of the WCF. Luckily, it gave the Lakers an opportunity to figure it out to the point where we know how to handle it now. If we can carry that over to the Finals, there should be another championship parade rolling through the streets of Los Angeles in a few weeks.
    The point guards that Fisher faced are very different from Rondo. You can argue Williams and Nash are better overall PG's, and thats basically because both have a better outside shot and have good 3 point range. Rondo's game however is driving to the basket and he is significantly faster with the ball than pretty much any other player in the league. Fisher will be toast if he plays hi straight up.

And Phoenix' zone is a good warmup for the Celts man to man, help defense? Isn't that like saying a Creed concert is a similar experience to a Pearl Jam concert?
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    edited June 2010
    av-9275.gif

.....and I Especially liked what Geddy had to say when they played the GAHDEN 08'

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa21 ... G00117.jpg

653.gif1022.gifm_96608313e6921779ba975517418a92b0.gif

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659
    fuck the lakers
    kareem was soft
    magic was soft
    gasol is the softest
    kobe is soft
    bynum is hurt
    remember game 6 - 2008
    131-92, the largest margin of victory in a series-clinching win in NBA finals history
    the lakers are soft
    celtics in 4
    and phil jackson is the worst coach with 10 rings ever
    their colors are soft
    purple and yellow
    they look like a bunch of fuckin easter bunnies out there
    fuck the lakers
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

Poncier wrote:

The point guards that Fisher faced are very different from Rondo. You can argue Williams and Nash are better overall PG's, and thats basically because both have a better outside shot and have good 3 point range. Rondo's game however is driving to the basket and he is significantly faster with the ball than pretty much any other player in the league. Fisher will be toast if he plays hi straight up.

And Phoenix' zone is a good warmup for the Celts man to man, help defense? Isn't that like saying a Creed concert is a similar experience to a Pearl Jam concert?

Good point about Rondo. His quickness will be a major factor in making sure we contain the Celtics' offense (not that they are a dominant offensive team, however). Look for Kobe to play Rondo a lot, daring him to take the outside shot.

I never said that the Celtics play a zone defense. I said that their defense is similar to the zone defense the Suns crafted against the Lakers. Yes, they play man to man, but with many principles similar to that of a zone defense. There is an excellent, Celtic-specific elaboration on this point here: http://templeofzones.blogspot.com/2010/ ... fense.html

On a purely boastful note, I got tickets to game 1 this afternoon and I can't fucking wait! 8-)

On a purely boastful note, I got tickets to game 1 this afternoon and I can't fucking wait! 8-)
    Enjoy. Should be a good take regardless of the outcome.
    ed243421 wrote:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    large_birdmagicgetty.jpg
    i will say, in all of sports, the Beat LA chant is right there at the top of good taught chants
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ed243421 wrote:
    fuck the lakers
    kareem was soft
    magic was soft
    gasol is the softest
    kobe is soft
    bynum is hurt
    remember game 6 - 2008
    131-92, the largest margin of victory in a series-clinching win in NBA finals history
    the lakers are soft
    celtics in 4
    their colors are soft
    purple and yellow
    fuck the lakers

The greatest saying is always said twice. But seriously, you could've just left it at that. :D
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    ed243421 wrote:
    fuck the lakers
    kareem was soft
    magic was soft
    gasol is the softest
    kobe is soft
    bynum is hurt
    remember game 6 - 2008
    the lakers are soft
    celtics in 4
    their colors are soft
    purple and yellow
    fuck the lakers

Thanks for the post. Now I'm not going to feel bad about coming in here and rubbing it in when the Lakers whup the Celtics. :lol:

ed243421 wrote:
    fuck the lakers
    kareem was soft
    magic was soft
    gasol is the softest
    kobe is soft
    bynum is hurt
    remember game 6 - 2008
    the lakers are soft
    celtics in 4
    their colors are soft
    purple and yellow
    fuck the lakers

Thanks for the post. Now I'm not going to feel bad about coming in here and rubbing it in when the Lakers whup the Celtics. :lol:

You'd like that, wouldn't you? ;)8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL