Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    and people want to compare kobe to jordan? kobe couldn't do crap on the offensive end....Jordan would have gone right to the post and went to work.

yes teh D was good, but the O was terrible. no ball movement, no player movement. was any body cutting?

I was about to say this - I HATE Kobe, but I hope he wins more championships than Jordan. Kobe is the best player since MJ, and I hate saying that.

if he's the best since Jordan, that's some weak sauce. he looked like he was praying his team could win it for him. he made some free throws and got a few key rebounds. he wasn't very inspiring out there.

If he wins 6 titles, I'll already say he's better than MJ. Jordan won all 6 with a hall of famer next to him - not saying that Jordan didn't make Pippen, but Scottie is a Hall of Famer. Kobe won 3 with a Hall of Famer next to him. The reason he's won the last two is because of him. There's no one with exceptional talent on this team, other than maybe Artest. And he's definitely no Pippen or Shaq.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    no way in hell is kobe better than jordan.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    05b316b6.jpg
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    edited June 2010
    if he's the best since Jordan, that's some weak sauce. he looked like he was praying his team could win it for him. he made some free throws and got a few key rebounds. he wasn't very inspiring out there.

If he wins 6 titles, I'll already say he's better than MJ. Jordan won all 6 with a hall of famer next to him - not saying that Jordan didn't make Pippen, but Scottie is a Hall of Famer. Kobe won 3 with a Hall of Famer next to him. The reason he's won the last two is because of him. There's no one with exceptional talent on this team, other than maybe Artest. And he's definitely no Pippen or Shaq.

That's Derek Fisher's 6th championship (as many as Jordan) and Gasol has gone to the finals 3 times in his 3 years with the Lakers... two great players.
    Post edited by JasonE on
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
    81 wrote:

He wins six, he's a better winner. If he wins another in the next couple years with even more time ahead in his career over MJ. He will be the best competitor to win ever. Fuck Magic, Bird, Russell, MJ. Kobe if he gets six.
    edited June 2010
    :arrow:
    Post edited by JasonE on

• South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    JasonE wrote:

If he wins 6 titles, I'll already say he's better than MJ. Jordan won all 6 with a hall of famer next to him - not saying that Jordan didn't make Pippen, but Scottie is a Hall of Famer. Kobe won 3 with a Hall of Famer next to him. The reason he's won the last two is because of him. There's no one with exceptional talent on this team, other than maybe Artest. And he's definitely no Pippen or Shaq.[/quote]

That's Derek Fisher's 6th championship (as many as Jordan) and Gasol has gone to the finals 3 times in his 3 years with the Lakers... two great players.[/quote]
    I think Fisher only has 5 titles.
    NERDS!
    JasonE wrote:
    That's Derek Fisher's 6th championship (as many as Jordan) and Gasol has gone to the finals 3 times in his 3 years with the Lakers... two great players.

Yeah, so? And Robert Horry has like 6 rings too, so what? Fisher is a decent role player. And let me spell something out about Gasol = P-U-S-S-Y. Most overrated player to win championships. They're not the basis of those teams. MJ and Pippen were, Kobe and Shaq were. These Lakers teams? Kobe.
    you sir, are on crack.

not to say they would have one 94 or 95, but Jordan did take a vacation during his run and could have easily had 8. but that's a what if world. you have to look at more than just titles to determine greatness. you line up all the stats, titles, mvps, and the intangibles, and jordan wins hands down.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    You're right, only 5 but still a great player.

81 wrote:
    you sir, are on crack.

not to say they would have one 94 or 95, but Jordan did take a vacation during his run and could have easily had 8. but that's a what if world. you have to look at more than just titles to determine greatness. you line up all the stats, titles, mvps, and the intangibles, and jordan wins hands down.

Rings are rings. Kobe gets another one with these slop teams, then he is on par. People just hate to hear it. It's that simple.
  • Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    81 wrote:

He wins six, he's a better winner. If he wins another in the next couple years with even more time ahead in his career over MJ. He will be the best competitor to win ever. Fuck Magic, Bird, Russell, MJ. Kobe if he gets six.

I have to disagree. If Jordan didn't get suspended for gambling, um, I mean "retire" for 18 months, they would have ripped off 8 titles in a row. MJ averaged 33 a game in the Finals for his career, Kobe is only at about 25. There would be no way Jordan would throw up a stinker like Kobe did tonight.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    You know what? I gotta give credit to the Lakers. They hit the shots and made the stops and grabbed the rebounds when it mattered. The Celtics didn't do that. I won't even bitch about the difference in free throws, especially in the 4th quarter. That 3 by Artest was killer.

Congrats to norm, walkunafraid and neilybabes. Enjoy it kids.

The Celtics window has closed. No more titles with this group.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    JasonE wrote:
    You're right, only 5 but still a great player.

Derek Fish is definitely not a great player. Good/solid player, sure. Not great. He's like a Van Exel.
    Oh, and like someone said, I'm sooooo glad this Boston teams about to go in the shitter. If not next season, then definitely the following one.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    81 wrote:
    Jordan did take a vacation during his run

**cough ** gambling suspension **cough**
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    81 wrote:

I have to disagree. If Jordan didn't get suspended for gambling, um, I mean "retire" for 18 months, they would have ripped off 8 titles in a row. MJ averaged 33 a game in the Finals for his career, Kobe is only at about 25. There would be no way Jordan would throw up a stinker like Kobe did tonight.

23 pts. and 15 boards is NOT a stinker game.
    NERDS!

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. That's not enough for some people. 15 boards are BEASTLY from his spot on the floor.
    JasonE wrote:

Yeah, so? And Robert Horry has like 6 rings too, so what? Fisher is a decent role player. And let me spell something out about Gasol = P-U-S-S-Y. Most overrated player to win championships. They're not the basis of those teams. MJ and Pippen were, Kobe and Shaq were. These Lakers teams? Kobe.

Cleary not the basis, but by no means scrubs. Horry was a great player too. Always made the big shot and that was even his nickname. It's not luck or a coincidence when these guys keep winning championships. Could they do it without a Kobe or Duncan, no, neither could Pippen win without Jordan.

To me, Lebron is on another level because he has NO supporting cast and took the Cavs to the finals. I don't think any player, at least that plays today could take that Cavs team to the finals with the exception of Lebron.

• Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331

I should have given him credit on the boards. The man did shoot 6 of 24. That is a stinker. My post was directed to the comparison with Jordan in the Finals.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    JasonE wrote:
    JasonE wrote:

Cleary not the basis, but by no means scrubs. Horry was a great player too. Always made the big shot and that was even his nickname. It's not luck or a coincidence when these guys keep winning championships. Could they do it without a Kobe or Duncan, no, neither could Pippen win without Jordan.

To me, Lebron is on another level because he has NO supporting cast and took the Cavs to the finals. I don't think any player, at least that plays today could take that Cavs team to the finals with the exception of Lebron.

I wouldn't mind if Lebron contracted AIDS.

on a solid 6 of 24 shooting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Why no love for Lebron?

what happened to dc? i hope he didn't go home to watch the game on tape. he's going to be so dissapointed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    what happened to dc? i hope he didn't go home to watch the game on tape. he's going to be so dissapointed
    I think he's on his 22nd 3.2% Utah beer right now. He might be feeling a buzz soon :lol:
    NERDS!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    You know what? I gotta give credit to the Lakers. They hit the shots and made the stops and grabbed the rebounds when it mattered. The Celtics didn't do that. I won't even bitch about the difference in free throws, especially in the 4th quarter. That 3 by Artest was killer.

I agree, and again Congratulations to the Lakers.
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited June 2010
    JasonE wrote:

Why no love for Lebron?

Cannot stand the man. He's been smelling his own shit since he entered the league - I mean, I can understand why, but what was this Lebron's 7th season into the league and still no ring? Jordan I believe got his first in his 7th. Yet Lebron carries himself if he has already won something. Then the audacity to have a Larry King interview? Geeeeet the fuck outta here. Not to mention how he's destroying the game. I never wanna see a man as big as him bitch and moan when he plows through players on the floor with his strength, not make a shot, and then bitch that he didn't draw a foul. Then there's his 3 step travel that been deemed it's own term of the 'crabwalk' now. Unbelievable. From his douchebag heir of how he carries himself all the way to the douche bag roisin toss in the air. CAN NOT STAND HIM. Ahhhhh, much better.

Oh, and biggest thing. Some players you can just see the killer in them. The will to win no matter what. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Brady, Montana, and the list goes on. Lebron I do not see it in him.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    g under p wrote:

I agree, and again Congratulations to the Lakers.

thank you gentlemen...a great series all around :thumbup: :clap:
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Nice series Laker fans. Enjoy.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I also want to say that Hannah Storm looks like a bird.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925