Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    I also want to say that Hannah Storm looks like a bird.

A bird with a sweet tan.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    You know what? I gotta give credit to the Lakers. They hit the shots and made the stops and grabbed the rebounds when it mattered. The Celtics didn't do that. I won't even bitch about the difference in free throws, especially in the 4th quarter. That 3 by Artest was killer.

Congrats to norm, walkunafraid and neilybabes. Enjoy it kids.

The Celtics window has closed. No more titles with this group.

classy again 8-)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626

A bird with a sweet tan.
    Oh she does gams like the dickens, there's no doubt. But I just think her face and head looks like a bird.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

A bird with a sweet tan.
    Oh she does gams like the dickens, there's no doubt. But I just think her face and head looks like a bird.

Meh. I'd give 'er the business.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    please everyone...the assholes outside staples right now are in no way representative of all laker fans, as well as southern Californians ...fucking dickheads :x
    norm wrote:
    please everyone...the assholes outside staples right now are in no way representative of all laker fans, as well as southern Californians ...fucking dickheads :x

i don't get it norm :(

its the young punks
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • JasonEJasonE Posts: 531
    Cannot stand the man. He's been smelling his own shit since he entered the league - I mean, I can understand why, but what was this Lebron's 7th season into the league and still no ring? Jordan I believe got his first in his 7th. Yet Lebron carries himself if he has already won something. Then the audacity to have a Larry King interview? Geeeeet the fuck outta here. Not to mention how he's destroying the game. I never wanna see a man as big as him bitch and moan when he plows through players on the floor with his strength, not make a shot, and then bitch that he didn't draw a foul. Then there's his 3 step travel that been deemed it's own term of the 'crabwalk' now. Unbelievable. From his douchebag heir of how he carries himself all the way to the douche bag roisin toss in the air. CAN NOT STAND HIM. Ahhhhh, much better.

Oh, and biggest thing. Some players you can just see the killer in them. The will to win no matter what. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Brady, Montana, and the list goes on. Lebron I do not see it in him.

Wow. Well I didn't think he could live up to the hype coming into the league but he certainly has. Remember, he's still a kid and is unbelievably mature and I don't sense any arrogance, I think he's a humble guy but everyone has their own opinion. I think he's been an asset to the game. People tune in to watch him and he is a complete player. When you can get guys like Anderson Verejao (who?) and Delonte West (even though he slept with Lebron's mama) to play at a level to get you to the championship, then you are great. So what if he sat down with Larry King?
    "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

"Rise above principal and do what's right."
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    norm wrote:

Really? No? Cause I think all Philly fans are represented by such acts. Live with it, Norm, because I am going to base all my judgments - and impugn an entire city - on such acts.
    Here we go with the kids....
    JasonE wrote:
    Cannot stand the man. He's been smelling his own shit since he entered the league - I mean, I can understand why, but what was this Lebron's 7th season into the league and still no ring? Jordan I believe got his first in his 7th. Yet Lebron carries himself if he has already won something. Then the audacity to have a Larry King interview? Geeeeet the fuck outta here. Not to mention how he's destroying the game. I never wanna see a man as big as him bitch and moan when he plows through players on the floor with his strength, not make a shot, and then bitch that he didn't draw a foul. Then there's his 3 step travel that been deemed it's own term of the 'crabwalk' now. Unbelievable. From his douchebag heir of how he carries himself all the way to the douche bag roisin toss in the air. CAN NOT STAND HIM. Ahhhhh, much better.

Oh, and biggest thing. Some players you can just see the killer in them. The will to win no matter what. Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Brady, Montana, and the list goes on. Lebron I do not see it in him.

Wow. Well I didn't think he could live up to the hype coming into the league but he certainly has. Remember, he's still a kid and is unbelievably mature and I don't sense any arrogance, I think he's a humble guy but everyone has their own opinion. I think he's been an asset to the game. People tune in to watch him and he is a complete player. When you can get guys like Anderson Verejao (who?) and Delonte West (even though he slept with Lebron's mama) to play at a level to get you to the championship, then you are great. So what if he sat down with Larry King?

I don't buy this humble nonsense. It's called the current world of sports - constant, boring, cliche' responses to all questions. The Larry King thing is just an example of my reasons. Yes, he's a physical specimen - a freak. People like to tune in to watch freaks.

OHHHHHHH - and Kobe zings Shaq.

I thought he'd have better looking kids...

Yes, Kobe said, "I have more rings now than Shaq." Then, "I don't forget anything." Clearly a reference to Shaq's rap a few years back about how Kobe can't win without him and something about tossing his salad.

I thought he'd have better looking kids...

+1.

JasonE wrote:

Yes, Kobe said, "I have more rings now than Shaq." Then, "I don't forget anything." Clearly a reference to Shaq's rap a few years back about how Kobe can't win without him and something about tossing his salad.

Heard it. Loved it.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I love ESPN's front page shot of Kobe with the Douchebag Cisco Adler in the background holding a lakers sign. I hope he thanked his daddy for those courtside seats ;)
    NERDS!
    I love ESPN's front page shot of Kobe with the Douchebag Cisco Adler in the background holding a lakers sign. I hope he thanked his daddy for those courtside seats ;)
    I wanna punch that kid in the face.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle Posts: 10,724
    I wanna punch that kid in the face.
    I'll send you some brass knuckles.
    NERDS!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    That was a good final game.

Glad boston did not win.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I find it amazing anyone (unless you are a true diehard Laker fan, and even then I'd find it hard to understand) could root for Ron Artest and Kobe Bryant.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    and people want to compare kobe to jordan? kobe couldn't do crap on the offensive end....Jordan would have gone right to the post and went to work.

yes teh D was good, but the O was terrible. no ball movement, no player movement. was any body cutting?

I was about to say this - I HATE Kobe, but I hope he wins more championships than Jordan. Kobe is the best player since MJ, and I hate saying that.

if he's the best since Jordan, that's some weak sauce. he looked like he was praying his team could win it for him. he made some free throws and got a few key rebounds. he wasn't very inspiring out there.

Only a moron would compare Kobe to MJ. 6 - 0 in finals vs 5 - 2. That zero says a hell of a lot compared to the 2. Kobe should not be mentioned in the same regard as MJ, PERIOD!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Kobes the most overrated player I've seen in my years of watchin basketball.
    The hype he gets drives home how weak the NBA is.
    Jordan would eat him alive.
    DewieCox wrote:

BLAH BLAH 1 MORE RING TO GO

and don't forget jordan missed 20 shots in the game where he won his last ring

its all about team
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DewieCox wrote:

its all about team

jordan shot 429 in that game, vs the 250 for kobe last night.

jordan put up 45 points going after the win, kobe was hanging on hoping his teammates would carry him home.

give me jordan any day of the week, and twice on sunday.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    DewieCox wrote:

its all about team

One more ring to go for what?

Jordan woulda beat these Lakers so bad the 1st 2 games they wouldn't bother showin up the last 2 games.
    edited June 2010
    81 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

its all about team

jordan shot 429 in that game, vs the 250 for kobe last night.

jordan put up 45 points going after the win, kobe was hanging on hoping his teammates would carry him home.

give me jordan any day of the week, and twice on sunday.

dude he had a bad game and thank god his teammates picked him up..it happens

he only averaged 29 in the series :roll:

not to mention 15 boards...he did other things to win
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    DewieCox wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

its all about team

Jordan woulda beat these Lakers so bad the 1st 2 games they wouldn't bother showin up the last 2 games.

but we will never know

and besides the zen master would have both teams so prepared every game would be a tie
    here are a few more nuggets to chew on. all career playoff stats

Jordan #'s first

points 33.4 25.5
    rebounds 6.4 5.2
    assits 5.7 4.8
    shooting % .487 .448
    ft % .828 .815
    3pt % .332 .337
    minutes 41.8 39.4
    steals 2.1 1.4
    blocks .88 .7
    Turnovers 3.05 2.94

now tell me, who would you rather have.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DewieCox wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

its all about team

who would you rather have at each position

Jordan Kobe
    Pippen Artest
    Harper Fisher
    Longley Bynum
    Rodman Gasol

Kukoc Odem
    Kerr Farmer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg