Options

Breaking Bad...

Comments

• Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Just finished the Season 4 finale so I'm finally caught up...now bring on Season 5 :D:D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I am fine with what was posted, but brevity would be awesome.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Spoilers from Season 3

My two favorite scenes are from season 3. ( I havent seen season 4 yet)

The shootout between Hank and the two crazy brothers in the parking lot. I had to rewind it 3 times. Awesome.

Near the end: When Walter runs over both dealers with his car. One of the dealers survives and Walt uses the dealer's own gun to execute him. Walt tells Jesse to run.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Spoilers from Season 3 and 4.

With the cartel plot of season 4 you have to wonder if Gus was actually planning on killing Walt at the end of season 3. Maybe he just wanted to ship his ass off to Mexico to keep the cartel off his back.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Finally finished Game of Thrones and watched the 1st BB episode last night. I bought the 1st season and statred dvring the 2nd season last night as well. I guess I can't spend too much time in here with the spoilers. I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up in time for season 5. :cry:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Finally finished Game of Thrones and watched the 1st BB episode last night. I bought the 1st season and statred dvring the 2nd season last night as well. I guess I can't spend too much time in here with the spoilers. I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up in time for season 5. :cry:

Yes you will. Breaking Bad is like Pringles...once you pop you can't stop. You'll rip right through the seasons.
  • Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    breaking-bad-walter-white-summer-television-tv-ecards-someecards.png

And, a little sneak peak of Season 5:

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/video ... eaking-bad
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    breaking-bad-walter-white-summer-television-tv-ecards-someecards.png

And, a little sneak peak of Season 5:

http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/video ... eaking-bad
    Oh I hope Jesse kills him. Walter's become such a wonderfully despicable character and Jesse killing him would be the only satisfying ending for me.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    great show...my fantasy football name is Breakbad!!
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 703
    its amazing how well jessy plays a drugie/dealer/etc etc...

i've known so many dudes exactly like his character over the years...

what blows me away is that he can pull it off and not come from that back ground...
    Seen a few interviews of him...heard him tell his life story...

Brian Cranston (mr white) gets more credit...but i forget his real name but jessie to me nails the role..
  • Options
    curly wrote:
    i forget his real name but jessie to me nails the role..

Aaron Paul.

He deserves every bot as much credit as Cranston. Jesse could easily be a despised character which would completely ruin the show. Instead, Aaron Paul makes him likeable despite how frustrating he can be at times.
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    http://francesco-francavilla.blogspot.co.il/

The one for episode 2 is my favorite so far.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    4 weeks from today!
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    I agree about Aaron paul. He;s a talented actor. And after I saw season 4, his voice would often echo in my head, in his distinctive voice; "yo, mr white..."

But i also think one of the many strengths of this show, is not just the talent of Aaron Paul, but across the board, every actor and actress involved. Bryan-mr white, Anna-Skyler, Dean-Hank,Betsy-marie, Rj-walter jr, bob-saul the lawyer, giancarlo-mr fring and jonathan who plays mike. all are stellar actors. All of them give performances worthy of Emmys or Oscars.
    '
    'I think thats one of the major coups of the show. Not only have they assembled amazing writers and directors and cinematographers, but they assembled a rag tag group of some of the best actors in the buisness.

Certainly Aarons performance is brilliant and noteworthy, but so is Anna's performance as Skyler.

Hell, even the actors who play Hector Salamanca, and Tuco give mind blowing performances.

i dont think you can single out an aspect of the show specifically. Its all amazing, and adds up to equal more than the sum of its parts.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    4 weeks from today!

im playing the semantics game, but it was 4 weeks from Friday. July 15th.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    4 weeks from today!

im playing the semantics game, but it was 4 weeks from Friday. July 15th.

um.... :fp:
  • Options
    curly wrote:
    its amazing how well jessy plays a drugie/dealer/etc etc...

i've known so many dudes exactly like his character over the years...

what blows me away is that he can pull it off and not come from that back ground...
    Seen a few interviews of him...heard him tell his life story...

Brian Cranston (mr white) gets more credit...but i forget his real name but jessie to me nails the role..

i disagree that bryan gets more credit. From the beginning, Ive seen nothing but praise for all aspects of this show, that means everything from directors, to writers, to actors and so on. The love has always been spread around and deservedly so. Certainly bryan and aaron are huge parts of the show, but they arent all that makes it good or great.

Aarons performance has long been critically acclaimed.

But you are right in the central premise that he gives an amazing performance in the show.
  • Options
    What does everyone think of the shortened 1st season. Shortened during the writers strike, had only 7 episodes, while the 2-4th seasons all have 13 episodes. Does the first season suffer from the lack of those 6 episodes? I enjoyed the first season, but it wasnt until maybe the 2nd or 3rd episode of the 2nd season that I began to see the absolute genius of the show.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Heisenberg wrote:
    4 weeks from today!

:clap::clap: Can't wait! I spoiled myself by watch seasons 1-4 straight through so I never really had to wait...
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    What does everyone think of the shortened 1st season. Shortened during the writers strike, had only 7 episodes, while the 2-4th seasons all have 13 episodes. Does the first season suffer from the lack of those 6 episodes? I enjoyed the first season, but it wasnt until maybe the 2nd or 3rd episode of the 2nd season that I began to see the absolute genius of the show.

I don't know if it suffered in my opinion but more episodes of this show is always better. I still wonder how mnay networks are kicking themselves in the ass for passing on this show before AMC got it? Id' have to figure AMC was not the original target network for the show.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

I don't know if it suffered in my opinion but more episodes of this show is always better. I still wonder how mnay networks are kicking themselves in the ass for passing on this show before AMC got it? Id' have to figure AMC was not the original target network for the show.

I just look at seasons 1 & 2 as an extended first season. Now that The Killing is thankfully over, AMC is pumping the hell out of the Breaking Bad premiere. I cannot friggin' wait!!!!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

I just look at seasons 1 & 2 as an extended first season. Now that The Killing is thankfully over, AMC is pumping the hell out of the Breaking Bad premiere. I cannot friggin' wait!!!!

They should. It's the best show on TV right now.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Its the best show on TV period :)
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Breaking Bad and Dexter are 1 and 1A for me.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

i agree. stuff like that is always sort of mindboggling that networks would turn down obviously amazing work. Didnt HBO and Showtime both reject mad men even though it was created and written by one of the writers on their biggest show ever The Sopranos. Hard to believe and hard to fathom.

I still know people who havent seen the show and wont give it a chance. I had misgivings for awhile as well, the main misgiving was that we all had seen Bryan as Hal on Malcolm. But its pretty remarkable what Bryan and the cast and crew of BB have created. A true work of art. A masterpiece. So I imagine that could have been part of it, that people turned BB down because they didn't think Bryan was all that versatile an actor, or that people would be interested in a meth dealer. Or that the show would be successful. How wrong they were!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

one of the greatest shows of all time. I was thinking of this earlier. You look at the other shows considered the greatest ever, The Wire, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Mad Men, and as this is BB's final season did any of those shows with the exception of Mad Men, have bad final seasons? Will a final season that isnt as well recieved as seasons 1-4 hurt its standing? Lots of critics already saw BB is one of if not the greatest tv show of all time. So all they have to do is create a final season that lives up to the past 4 seasons, which obviously is a hell of a thing to do!

Can they screw this up? I hope they dont. I want a great final season, but i worry, what if this is the first and last not good season?
  • Options
    This cracked me up

Aaron-Bryan-Breaking-Bad_03192010.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

original.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd settle for a heisenberg lego man
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Heisenberg wrote:
    :D
    They've even got Gale's coffee maker/distiller thing, nice....
    That RV shot is awesome too!

I was a latecomer to this show, spoiled by getting to watch all four seasons in a row....can't wait for the new season, but not looking forward to waiting a week between episodes.