Options

Breaking Bad...

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Heisenberg wrote:
    6 weeks from today. :corn:

The bad news is, the dumb asses at AMC have decided to hold the final 8 episodes all the way until the summer of 2013. :thumbdown:
    yeah, that's pretty lame. So, this "season" will only be 8 episodes long?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Heisenberg wrote:
    6 weeks from today. :corn:

The bad news is, the dumb asses at AMC have decided to hold the final 8 episodes all the way until the summer of 2013. :thumbdown:

WTF the world could end by then....... :lol:
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Th worst part is that they are shooting it all now. If AMC thiks they can keep the end a secret for an entire year in the internet age, they are crazy. The finale will be ruined by spoiler leaks. I think we need an online petition ;)
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Th worst part is that they are shooting it all now. If AMC thiks they can keep the end a secret for an entire year in the internet age, they are crazy. The finale will be ruined by spoiler leaks. I think we need an online petition ;)

No doubt,a spoiler by accident would really piss me off........just noticed your avatar...wicked....
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    Yes...we need a strict no spoiler rule on this thread
  • Options
    s640x480
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Heisenberg wrote:
    s640x480

That's a pretty badass poster!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Heisenberg wrote:
    s640x480
    I hope AMC ends up selling these.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    s640x480
    I hope AMC ends up selling these.

If they do I hope they aren't $60 like the art print series
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Heisenberg wrote:

I thought I read that they are taking a break after shooting these first 8 episodes and picking back up in November -December to shoot the final 8 episodes...
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

I thought I read that they are taking a break after shooting these first 8 episodes and picking back up in November -December to shoot the final 8 episodes...

If thats the case then... :thumbup:

I hadnt seen that
  • Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    Season 4 is out today on DVD!

And, if there are any DISH customers out there - DISH is dropping AMC.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    Next poster going on sale soon. Possible spoiler for anyone who hasn't finished season 3.

http://becauseyourbossisgonnaneedme.com/bg/bybignm/
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    Next poster going on sale soon. Possible spoiler for anyone who hasn't finished season 3.

http://becauseyourbossisgonnaneedme.com/bg/bybignm/

These things are killing my bank account.
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    while no doubt i'd love to have all 16 episodes showing this summer, i dont think amc is dumb or stupid for deciding to air it split up like that. Its probably their most successful show other than Mad Men and The Walking Dead, and its considered one of the greatest tv shows of all time. To have a shows 4th season be probably its best season, and one of the best seasons of television of all time, defies all logic and expectation. It makes sense they would want to string it along and get as much bang for their buck as possibile. AMC is aware of the press and hype and acclaim its big three get. The company would be stupid to not string this out

Same thing happened with The Sopranos. And of course happens all the time in movies, Harry Potter, Twilight etc...
  • Options
  • Options
    while no doubt i'd love to have all 16 episodes showing this summer, i dont think amc is dumb or stupid for deciding to air it split up like that. Its probably their most successful show other than Mad Men and The Walking Dead, and its considered one of the greatest tv shows of all time. To have a shows 4th season be probably its best season, and one of the best seasons of television of all time, defies all logic and expectation. It makes sense they would want to string it along and get as much bang for their buck as possibile. AMC is aware of the press and hype and acclaim its big three get. The company would be stupid to not string this out

Same thing happened with The Sopranos. And of course happens all the time in movies, Harry Potter, Twilight etc...

Obviously it's the smart business decision for AMC. It just sucks that we're only getting 8 episodes at a time....that 10 month wait until the final 8 episodes is going to be brutal.
  • Options
    so whats everyones favorite breaking bad scene or moment of all time. Im a big fan of the pacing of the series. It seems like Vince Gilligan methodically planned out maybe even before shooting a single episode, exactly how he wanted to pace it, what would happen in each season, what would be revealved, where walt and skyler would be at the end of season 4 and of course at the end of season 5.

My pick for best scene of all time in the series, would be the crawl space scene. Its so well written, and acted. the look on skylers face is haunting and mr white's horror and then hysterically laughing like he's gone insane is just so brilliant.

What I love about the series is it builds and builds and builds. that crawl space scene worked so well because it seemed like the entire series had been building to that moment. and the emotions in mr whites face and voice are reflective of that 4 year journey as well.

on the face of it, i heard about breaking bad a few summers ago. it was highly recommended, but how good could a tv show be really? well the proof is in the pudding.

as a creative person I obviously find the show inspriring. But its shows like this or mad men or the wire, the sopranos etc... that you sort of want to throw in the towel and become a farmer or something, because who can top a show like this? How does someone create, write and act in a show like this and make it the masterpiece that it is.
  • Options
    It seems like Vince Gilligan methodically planned out maybe even before shooting a single episode, exactly how he wanted to pace it, what would happen in each season, what would be revealved, where walt and skyler would be at the end of season 4 and of course at the end of season 5.

Actually, Vince has gone on record as saying that he generally knows how he wants it to end but doesn't know (at least until recently I'm sure) specifically how he's going to do it. I've read several interviews with him where he talks about how they have a "general" plan, but not a specific one going into each season. He has talked about how they often test themselves by writing themselves into a corner and then trying to figure out how to get out of it. (i.e, the scene where Hank has them trapped in the RV. I guess they spent hours trying to figure out how to get Walt and Jesse out of that one). The plan is always open to change apparantly. Jesse was supposed to die in season 1, and they changed their minds. Tio was supposed to be the main antagonist in seasons 3 and 4 but they changed after seeing Giancarlo's performance as Gus. So as long as they aren't shooting all 16 episodes at once (thus leaving it vulnerable to spoilers) Im fine with it because who knows, they may totally change it in between.
  • Options
    so whats everyones favorite breaking bad scene or moment of all time.

Wow...so many to choose from, but I think I have to go with the scene in the lab from the first episode of the 4th season when Gus comes in and cuts that dude's throat. I'm pretty sure Gus didn't say a word, but the tension from that scene was incredible. My heart was racing as I watched that scene...
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    so whats everyones favorite breaking bad scene or moment of all time.

Wow...so many to choose from, but I think I have to go with the scene in the lab from the first episode of the 4th season when Gus comes in and cuts that dude's throat. I'm pretty sure Gus didn't say a word, but the tension from that scene was incredible. My heart was racing as I watched that scene...

I forgot about that scene! The suspense of that moment was off the charts.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    another favorite is mr white and fring on top of that roof. I seem to continually think that was season 4, but I think it was season 3
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    another favorite is mr white and fring on top of that roof. I seem to continually think that was season 4, but I think it was season 3

This wasn't season 3. I am two episodes into season 4 and I haven't seen that yet.
  • Options
    Out of respect to our friends who aren't caught up yet, maybe those of us who are should start heading our posts with

SPOILER
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Out of respect to our friends who aren't caught up yet, maybe those of us who are should start heading our posts with

SPOILER

i agree, but I hardly think my posts that merely detailed a crawl space scene and the gus and mr white scene constitute a spoiler. Your own post about vince gilligan's process and describing who was supposed to die but didnt are pretty much spoilers and detailed at that.

Bottom line, we all love Breaking bad. But its silly to be aiming your words at others

additionally ive never said what happens in those scenes. Crawl space is vague as hell, as is gus and mr white on a roof. Others, including the person who posted in response to my best scene of the series question, described what happened in a scene.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

SPOILER

i agree, but I hardly think my posts that merely detailed a crawl space scene and the gus and mr white scene constitute a spoiler. Your own post about vince gilligan's process and describing who was supposed to die but didnt are pretty much spoilers and detailed at that.

Bottom line, we all love Breaking bad. But its silly to be aiming your words at others

I wasn't "aiming my words at others". I was just making a general statement after Clify6745 pointed out that he hadn't reached a certain point in the season that was mentioned on here. I was referring to myself as well. Sorry to have stepped on the toes of your "analysis" of the series.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Spoiler Though I'll still try to keep it vague.

My favorite scene is probably Gus walking out after the explosion and then the reveal of what happened to him. Badass extraordinaire.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

SPOILER

I wasn't "aiming my words at others". I was just making a general statement after Clify6745 pointed out that he hadn't reached a certain point in the season that was mentioned on here. I was referring to myself as well. Sorry to have stepped on the toes of your "analysis" of the series.

This thread I assume was created to analyze and discuss the series. Clify posted about my post. Seemed to me to be pretty fair to link your wanting spoiler alerts to my post. But as I said, my descriptions of scenes are extremely vague so I dont think im spoiling it for anyone. Second, i enjoyed your post about vince's process. I wasnt aware that that is how he thought of the series. That said, talking in that post about who was supposed to die and didnt, and talking about scenes where characters get out of situations, thats pretty cut and dried spoilers. As I said, we are all here because we love Breaking Bad. Plus, its sort of silly if you are watching the first few seasons right now, to be visiting this thread, as the 5th season is about a month away. To think people wouldnt be discussing where the series is now is silly. Its like just now getting into season 1 of mad men, then visiting some thread on a message board, when its obvious everyone is going to be talking about season 5 and the upcoming season finale tomorrow. I dont think i spoiled anything for clify. Your post about who was supposed to die and didnt, and how characters got out of tense situations, would automatically lead clify and anyone else to assume the obvious, that if they are watching the show and its a situation where that character may die, they now know one way or the other. But thats the price you pay in visiting a forum post dedicated to a show you arent caught up on. You will find out critical plot points and what happens. Thats sort of the nature of the beast.

I just found it ironic thats all.
  • Options
    :fp: