ny post trashes pj

124»

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    he always gives the albums and the shows great reviews..must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    And god forbid someone didn't enjoy the show. Now they, and their publication, are suddenly absolute garbage I love watching people get worked up around here.

Yeah, it's allways a blast :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Nittany1bnNittany1bn Posts: 214
    i like how he said "they played the arena like it was a club show" as if that's a bad thing...one of the reasons they're the best live band in the world is their ability to make 20,000 seat arenas seem intimate
  • PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    And this is a recent comment to Dan's review:

Van

05/28/2010 1:02 AM

Dan - I hope you realize that when it comes to PJ fans, you absolutely cannot criticize anything the band says or does. Every single song is flawless; every verse is priceless; every performance incredible; every word out of Eddies mouth may as well have come from god himself. I'm curious if PJ came out one night and only sang Barry Manilow songs and nursery rhymes in falsetto if the fans would criticize it or just scream and pander about how the amazing interpretation and cadence.

Kind of ironic considering Vedder is hardly one to show blind devotion to anything. I wonder what he thinks of all this mindless conformity.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/m ... z0pM9nvshv
  • jwagnerjwagner Posts: 435
    I LOVE that they don't have video monitors...screw that. We came to see a concert, not watch TV. It's distracting, and even if I was in the way back I'd rather just take in the vibe than watch TV. Serious. You can tell this wasn't written by any sort of discerning Pearl Jam fan, or a PJ fan of any kind...
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine"