Options

Random 10 Club Seating - An American Tragedy

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    chevychase wrote:
    You are not born with the right to go see Pearl Jam. It is listed nowhere in the constitution. The 2nd Amendment doesn't read "You have the right to bear arms...and go see Pearl Jam". There are some of us working class Americans that have spent years dilligently working our way up the 10 Club staircase. Inch by inch. Row by row. We have paid too much money in worthless rising membership fees through the years just to keep our seating priority. I'll be damned if I'm going to let my hard earned 12th row tickets go to some sniviling Johnny come lately punk who signed up for the 10 Club three months prior when he heard that New Found Glory was opening for Pearl Jam. You can have my ticket when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

you're a bigger fan, my friend. what can i say? you're just superior to all the "johnny come latelys." you're a bigger and better fan and you spent $100 on fan club memberships between 1991 and 2001, so you deserve deference.
  • Options
    -ump
  • Options
    i love chevychase.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    chevychase wrote:
    You are not born with the right to go see Pearl Jam. It is listed nowhere in the constitution. The 2nd Amendment doesn't read "You have the right to bear arms...and go see Pearl Jam". There are some of us working class Americans that have spent years dilligently working our way up the 10 Club staircase. Inch by inch. Row by row. We have paid too much money in worthless rising membership fees through the years just to keep our seating priority. I'll be damned if I'm going to let my hard earned 12th row tickets go to some sniviling Johnny come lately punk who signed up for the 10 Club three months prior when he heard that New Found Glory was opening for Pearl Jam. You can have my ticket when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

....that can be arranged

I'm sure Ed's tired of seein' your face anyway
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    With all the negative threads going on, I've noticed this occuring more often than not...

What has always annoyed me with people who are pro-randomization and/or anti-seniority is that they always say something like this as a point of their pro-randomization/anti-seniority debate:

"It's impossible to not enjoy a pearl jam show, no matter where you are in the venue."

"I think people are losing sight of what is important here. You're in the venue, you got a ticket, you're seeing Pearl Jam, life is good. Nothing else matters."

"If you're such a big long time Pearl Jam fan, it shouldn't matter where you sit.

Then they will go on to say that seats should be randomized to increase their chances of being up front and/or do away with seniority all together, again, to increase their chances of sitting up front.

The part that annoys me is this; if you are saying it doesn't matter where you sit in a PJ show, then why do you have a problem with seniority? If all you care about is being in the building, why bother randomizing? Why use statements like this against the seniority people when you could apply that very same statement to yourself?

For those people who say things like this, please stop making hypocritical statements. Own up to wanting better seats or stop pandering the "all seats are good seats" while bashing seniority.

note: I would find the posts where people have said this, but to be honest I've lost track of them with all the threads that keep popping up. I did copy what someone wrote in this thread, but they made the statement, I believe, in a different context, so I'm not speaking about them directly. :) It just reminded me of the whole thing.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    it's not pearl jam, it's ed vedder solo.

think they should ditch the seating seniority thing personally anyway and I have a decent number.
  • Options
    I'm 19, grew up listening to Pearl Jam and Eddie because of my family's taste in music, and being that I was a child, didn't become a Ten Club member until '03. Yeah, that's late in comparison to most fans, but I was 14! Doesn't mean I haven't had as many meaningful Pearl Jam experiences as the most people. I'm not trying to be 'hypocritical' and now say I deserve awesome tickets, I'm just saying that you can't judge one fan against another.

That said, I could care less what tickets I have; they're all 10c tickets in tiny venues. This isn't a Pearl Jam tour, it's an Eddie Vedder tour, so I can't see the randomization becoming a trend. And if it does, can we worry about it then?
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    With all the negative threads going on, I've noticed this occuring more often than not...

What has always annoyed me with people who are pro-randomization and/or anti-seniority is that they always say something like this as a point of their pro-randomization/anti-seniority debate:

"It's impossible to not enjoy a pearl jam show, no matter where you are in the venue."

"I think people are losing sight of what is important here. You're in the venue, you got a ticket, you're seeing Pearl Jam, life is good. Nothing else matters."

"If you're such a big long time Pearl Jam fan, it shouldn't matter where you sit.

Then they will go on to say that seats should be randomized to increase their chances of being up front and/or do away with seniority all together, again, to increase their chances of sitting up front.

The part that annoys me is this; if you are saying it doesn't matter where you sit in a PJ show, then why do you have a problem with seniority? If all you care about is being in the building, why bother randomizing? Why use statements like this against the seniority people when you could apply that very same statement to yourself?

For those people who say things like this, please stop making hypocritical statements. Own up to wanting better seats or stop pandering the "all seats are good seats" while bashing seniority.

note: I would find the posts where people have said this, but to be honest I've lost track of them with all the threads that keep popping up. I did copy what someone wrote in this thread, but they made the statement, I believe, in a different context, so I'm not speaking about them directly. :) It just reminded me of the whole thing.

You've quoted me a couple of times there...

If you look back on my posts, i've not once said that i want to be up front. I really don't care where i sit at a PJ show, BUT i think that there are a lot of people here who never get good seats who want them for just maybe one show so that's why i think a random lottery system for just a few shows each tour is a good idea.

I don't worry about it so much because i'm in Europe so my number means diddly squat when it comes to tickets. I don't see the band going on forever and forever, so for the remainder of their career if the seniority system stays in place then it'll be the same faces at the front possibly until the band retires, and nobody will ever be able to work their way up and get near the front if they want to.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    threads like this are the reason that some of us are embarassed to be pearl jam fans. its ok to talk about the music, but throwing a fit over seating at concert is completely unnecessary. why don't you guys just go to the show, enjoy it, and get over yourself
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I find it funny that everyone is assuming seniority for 10club tix is now dead because of the EV mini tour. This is a different animal, small tour in small venues, I think when PJ embarks on its next tour, seniority will be back in place as per usual.
    We shall see (hopefully soon).

personally, i am not...and i don't think most think that either. i simply believe whenever tix go on sale, this subject comes up. call it wishful thinking, merely discussion. i fully agree, all should be 100% thankful 10c even offerred tix to the ed ved shows, b/c it is NOT a pearl jam show, so well could've been done 100% thru TM, etc. i also think many of us are starting to believe more and more of the rumors of a possible pearl jam summer tour, so once again...the subject of ticketing, seniority, etc gets discussed. it's like the 'pearl jam cycle' of seasons thru the year, depending if it's a tour year or not. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,217
    everyone deserves a chance at the "best" tickets. I have a 300,000ish 10C number, but luckily my friend who I go to all the shows with has a low 100,00 number . So our seats are usually 15-30th row. (We live in NY) but I have had Tmaster tix to shows and have sat everywhere.
    It would be nice one day to walk up to the ticket window and be handed a ticket for the first 5 rows. Am I mad it hasnt happened, not really. Would I be pumped if it did? Abso-f'in-lutely! I will never complain though. We did luck out getting VIC tix and 10club actually tracked down my friend when he didnt respond to being selected for Storytellers tix (initial email never was recieved). So the 10club has been great for me.
    That being said it is kind of ridicoulous that the same people get the best seats show after show. I dont think the answer is one member/one show, because that would be penalizing the fans who are willing to spend thier time and money travelling to see multiple shows. I would say you pick one show to use your seniority, then any other shows you decide to go to be random. That way people who go to one show get a "good" seat based on seniority and those who go to multiple get one show where seniority rules and the rest be random. That way everyone is happy. Well not everyone, but hopefully the majority could understand the reasoning.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    look in the goods section, i think 10c carries MIDOL now!!!!!!!

plenty of people around here could use a dose or three :D
  • Options
    mfc17mfc17 Posts: 13
    your all a bunch of bitches.

deal with it.

be happy you get the opportunity.

dont like it, dont order F'in tickets.

douchefags.
  • Options
    mfc17 wrote:

deal with it.

douchefags.

It's easy for us to say- our member numbers are 5 digits (beginning with 22- as in twenty-two thousand).
    If you were one of the poor douchbags with a six digit number, you'd also be pissed....
    Oh, and we got all the tickets we need, so no need to complain.
    -Johan
    PS- Great grammar- 'your all'. Has no one taught you the difference between your and you're?
  • Options
    mfc17 wrote:

deal with it.

douchefags.

Nice 13th post. Productive. Now crawl back into your hole.

• Options
    touche.....

fuckface.

just trying to stir the pot.

if anyone has reason to be upset, its me.

10 concerts in a row sitting in the row with the bar (believe its called front row...) and now i gotta move to the 3rd.....

thats unacceptable.

but as always, ill try and have a good time.....
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Nice 13th post. Productive. Now crawl back into your hole.

You don't want to mess with MFC17...he's a Nassau County thug.

Watch it, Suffolk boy.
  • Options
    and to you 4Powers20, sorry its only my 13th post.

i try and spend my time being productive.

not sitting on a message board complaining that my seats arent as good as they should be.

i leave all the complaining to people with member #'s above 100K.

as for myself, bitch all you want, but when it comes concert time, youre staring at the back of my head.....

1,214 posts might get you a handjob from your pj loving girlfriend, but it aint getting you better tickets than me.....
  • Options
    mfc17 wrote:

not sitting on a message board complaining that my seats arent as good as they should be.

as for myself, bitch all you want, but when it comes concert time, youre staring at the back of my head.....

1,214 posts might get you a handjob from your pj loving girlfriend, but it aint getting you better tickets than me.....

haha, this is sure to keep the conversation running at a mature level :)
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    mfc17 wrote:

Douchebag, I havent complained. Have said nothing but we are lucky to have the 10c take care of us as best they can.
    I mentioned the 13 posts because you used it to come on here and call people names. Very productive.
    And yeah I am in Suffolk, so if you dont feel like hiding behind a screen name take a ride out and say that to my face.

• Options
    im from nassau county...too bad im not a thug...i could use a posse to follow me around and watch my back on the beat streets of *insert name of any of the many horrible horrible towns round here*.

anyways, this thread is on a decent path at points. the first post, well i dont know if its a joke but i mean, seriously a bit over the top. i like the idea or randomizing certain rows. let the people who "climbed the ladder" (cough) have a better shot. but dont forget about the people that are there for the same reason.

oh and whoever says the show isnt fun from the back, ive actually sat in the back for two shows that i didnt sit club tickets for and each section was jumping.

you people need to just accept that its not all about prying front row tickets from your "dead hands" (pathetic closing statement by the way). at this point, these shows should just be about being there.
    nocode4 wrote:
    You don't want to mess with MFC17...he's a Nassau County thug.

Watch it, Suffolk boy.
  • Options
    cc10106 wrote:
    oh my, look at me. i live in the Northeast and get to see PJ almost every year. i also get no worse than 5th row seats every time too. no way i'd ever enjoy the show from the 15th row!

That's sad...I'd enjoy any Pearl Jam concert no matter where my seats were
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    woh woh

cmon kids lets be civil here :)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    that's why i'm embarrass to live here with these ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    that's why i'm embarrass to live here with these ....

i would never be embarassed by the behavior of others, it is no reflection on YOU. :) and, there are PLENTY of very cool people on long island. :D i will never, ever be embarassed to be a born and bred long islander...i love my island! :cool:

too bad the thread took a tur to the petty though, although it certainly started off with not the best attitude to begin with, i think most actually managed to discuss civillly, and make good points all around. don't think it'll ever be a dull subject. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    mfc17 wrote:
    touche.....

fuckface.

just trying to stir the pot.

if anyone has reason to be upset, its me.

10 concerts in a row sitting in the row with the bar (believe its called front row...) and now i gotta move to the 3rd.....

thats unacceptable.

but as always, ill try and have a good time.....

Unacceptable? Wow.:D I wish I could live with being so self-important...
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    i would never be embarassed by the behavior of others, it is no reflection on YOU. :) and, there are PLENTY of very cool people on long island. :D i will never, ever be embarassed to be a born and bred long islander...i love my island! :cool:

too bad the thread took a tur to the petty though, although it certainly started off with not the best attitude to begin with, i think most actually managed to discuss civillly, and make good points all around. don't think it'll ever be a dull subject. :)

Sorrry if I caused the turn. I thought my "idea" wasnt that bad and pretty fair, but then got hit with a tirade of name calling, and "you will be staring at the back of my head". I guess I would be defensive too if my front row tickets for every show were in jeopardy.

• Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I always usually get the first few rows as well, but a random seating show here and there isn't too bad as long as they play a show and keep the tours by seniority.

As for the Ed shows, I'm just happy to be seeing a part of Pearl Jam. I need that slight fix, because I am not excited about Bonnaroo.
  • Options
    Keep in mind kids, these are all small venues--won't be a horrible seat in the house.
  • Options
    you certainly weren't the first to make that suggestion in this thread, amongst many others. it's just sad that many feel the need to get 'defensive'...on either side of the issue, and it's sad that the issue even HAS sides. i understand enjoying what you hae had the privilege of enjoying, but i guess i'd like to think it wouldn't be a *me first* mentality. agin, i am not saying ALL feel that way at all. obviously, everyone discussing it is discussing it from their very personal perspective, but yes...i DO know of quite a few long-time members who DO think it would be cool to allow some newbies what they've had the pleasure of experiencing, etc. and sure, they share and all...but hell yes, who wouldn't take full advantage of a great situation while it lasts? so no faults.....just nice to see a bit more caring perhaps?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...