Random 10 Club Seating - An American Tragedy

chevychasechevychase Posts: 39
edited February 2008 in The Porch
You are not born with the right to go see Pearl Jam. It is listed nowhere in the constitution. The 2nd Amendment doesn't read "You have the right to bear arms...and go see Pearl Jam". There are some of us working class Americans that have spent years dilligently working our way up the 10 Club staircase. Inch by inch. Row by row. We have paid too much money in worthless rising membership fees through the years just to keep our seating priority. I'll be damned if I'm going to let my hard earned 12th row tickets go to some sniviling Johnny come lately punk who signed up for the 10 Club three months prior when he heard that New Found Glory was opening for Pearl Jam. You can have my ticket when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    chevychase wrote:
    You are not born with the right to go see Pearl Jam. It is listed nowhere in the constitution. The 2nd Amendment doesn't read "You have the right to bear arms...and go see Pearl Jam". There are some of us working class Americans that have spent years dilligently working our way up the 10 Club staircase. Inch by inch. Row by row. We have paid too much money in worthless rising membership fees through the years just to keep our seating priority. I'll be damned if I'm going to let my hard earned 12th row tickets go to some sniviling Johnny come lately punk who signed up for the 10 Club three months prior when he heard that New Found Glory was opening for Pearl Jam. You can have my ticket when you can pry it from my cold dead hands.

i agree
    13 years in ...i dont want no random anything
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    It also does not say you are entitled to those seats year after year just because you joined a fan club earlier than the next guy.

It's proven that some of those who get these great seats don't appreciate them so they should go to someone who would feel excited to see the band up close (see Grand Rapids 06) as opposed to those who have come to expect those seats every show.
    NeilJam wrote:
    It also does not say you are entitled to those seats year after year just because you joined a fan club earlier than the next guy.

It's proven that some of those who get these great seats don't appreciate them so they should go to someone who would feel excited to see the band up close (see Grand Rapids 06) as opposed to those who have come to expect those seats every show.

i totally appreciate them....when i get em
  • cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    oh my, look at me. i live in the Northeast and get to see PJ almost every year. i also get no worse than 5th row seats every time too. no way i'd ever enjoy the show from the 15th row!
  • chevychase wrote:
    and its because of the people like you that i have met over the years ......

that it makes me proud to announce i will not be renewing my 10club membership next year.....

hehehehehehee

saw things so much clearer....
    once you ....were in my......rearviewmirror...............

you can have my ticket when you pry it from my cold dead hands????

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe...............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    There is way too much complaining going on around here.

Nobody said it was permanent. Settle down and be happy you get to see them at all. If you don't like it don't join. Let me move up the ladder. Random 10C seats is still better than you will get through ticketmaster.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    NeilJam wrote:

The person who joined in say 1995 has paid a lot more money to the fan club then the person who joined in 2006. If they want to equalize it and a person who joined this year thinks he deserves front row,make him pay the extra 10club dues, equal to what the guy with the 5 digit 10club number has paid over the years.
  • Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    The person who joined in say 1995 has paid a lot more money to the fan club then the person who joined in 2006. If they want to equalize it and a person who joined this year thinks he deserves front row,make him pay the extra 10club dues, equal to what the guy with the 5 digit 10club number has paid over the years.

If that was all it took, I'd pay the extra dues from 99 to a membership equivalent to one from 91. I mean it was 10 bucks a year and the first few couple of years, it was free.

So that's not a realistic solution.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    i think some sort of tiered randomization type thing would be interesting. they could randomize the tickets in groups, like 0-146,000 (i'm at 145xxx ;)), 147,000-185,000, and so on. and of course the ticket pools for the lower groups would be better..

that would give some people a shot at better tickets than they would normally get, while not penalizing the low-numbered long-timers too much. to use my situation, as a 145Ker in the first group, i could end up in the 2nd row and a 5 digit person could end up no worse than say the 10 or 12th row.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Solat13 wrote:
    If that was all it took, I'd pay the extra dues from 99 to a membership equivalent to one from 91. I mean it was 10 bucks a year and the first few couple of years, it was free.

Would you be willing to pay the extra dues on each ticket? I mean it could add up to an extra $200 bucks for your ticket. I am not sure it is any kind of a solution, I was just pointing out that if you are looking for differences between low number members and high number members, low number members have put more money into the tenclub by way of fees.
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    calm down
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    you also have some more holiday singles to show for your "worthless rising membership fees". Mix it up. Put some new blood up front. Maybe we will see an increase in energy at the show (not sure it is possible but...).

Waaaah I have paid a more years than you.
    waaaah I deserve my seats
    get over yourselves.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• chevychase wrote:

loal.

hilarious.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    chevychase wrote:

Nice Chuck Heston reference!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Solat13 wrote:

EXACTLY.

anyone who would think it's a *lot* of $$$ over the years, hasn't done the math. even if it =s $100....who wouldn't pay that? i don't recall anymore, but one time someone who knew added up all the yearly membership dues from the beginning, and yea....it did NOT come up to much those first 10 years lets say.

i have discussed the topic ad nauseum, but bottomline, 10c NEVER promised seniority seating. even today they have the added caveat that they have the right to change that perquisite at will, but from day one.....there was NO 'seniority'........not until 2000, and for only 1 show! the CURRENT system did not go into effect until AFTER 2003 (block system was in effect that year) so really, the candian tour in 2005 was the FIRST year of the EXACT system we have right now, since 2004 VFC we had to get tix thru a 10c/TM presale. so those who say 10c *always* did it this way, they really didn't.

i've expressed my pov here:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=273210
    quite a few times, in great detail :p...but yes, seniority is not a *right* in any sense. i think a BALANcE between seniority, random row(s) each show and/or 'priority shows' for utilizing your membership.....would be good.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    chevychase wrote:
    There are some of us working class Americans that have spent years dilligently working our way up the 10 Club staircase. Inch by inch. Row by row. We have paid too much money in worthless rising membership fees through the years just to keep our seating priority. I'll be damned if I'm going to let my hard earned 12th row tickets go to some sniviling Johnny come lately punk who signed up for the 10 Club three months prior when he heard that New Found Glory was opening for Pearl Jam.

Sweet.
  • btw....how does one:

"dilligently working our way up the 10 Club staircase"........?

what WORK is involved, beyond sending in your check for 10 or 20 each year? :p seriously........hahahahaha. there is nothing 'hard earned' about a 10C membership. it may feel that way at times ;) for ALL of us each time we try for tix, but bottomline.....there's no 'work.' sorry. you want to argue someone who joined 5-8 years after you doesn't *deserve* what you get, while i disagree....at least that is a semi-valid rationale to discuss.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

EXACTLY.

anyone who would think it's a *lot* of $$$ over the years, hasn't done the math. even if it =s $100....who wouldn't pay that? i don't recall anymore, but one time someone who knew added up all the yearly membership dues from the beginning, and yea....it did NOT come up to much those first 10 years lets say.

i have discussed the topic ad nauseum, but bottomline, 10c NEVER promised seniority seating. even today they have the added caveat that they have the right to change that perquisite at will, but from day one.....there was NO 'seniority'........not until 2000, and for only 1 show! the CURRENT system did not go into effect until AFTER 2003 (block system was in effect that year) so really, the candian tour in 2005 was the FIRST year of the EXACT system we have right now, since 2004 VFC we had to get tix thru a 10c/TM presale. so those who say 10c *always* did it this way, they really didn't.

i've expressed my pov here:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=273210
    quite a few times, in great detail :p...but yes, seniority is not a *right* in any sense. i think a BALANcE between seniority, random row(s) each show and/or 'priority shows' for utilizing your membership.....would be good.

sush you over there

:)

but the blocks were senority based
  • Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    btw....how does one:

"dilligently working our way up the 10 Club staircase"........?

what WORK is involved, beyond sending in your check for 10 or 20 each year? :p seriously........hahahahaha. there is nothing 'hard earned' about a 10C membership. it may feel that way at times ;) for ALL of us each time we try for tix, but bottomline.....there's no 'work.' sorry. you want to argue someone who joined 5-8 years after you doesn't *deserve* what you get, while i disagree....at least that is a semi-valid rationale to discuss.

The only time we "work" is when we try to get tickets through their server. ;) Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i think the answer lies in a well devised algorithm with aforementioned variables, ie, seniority, proximity, priority, frequency, etc.
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Get_Right wrote:
    sush you over there

but the blocks were senority based

:p

i know, was my first tour in 2003. :) and you betcher ass i queued to get the best of my block. my point was, the EXACT system we have today, did not go into effect until 2005. seniority FIRST entered the picture in 2000, for one show only. so it did not exist from the beginnings of the 10c, that's all. :)

and solat13...i know, thus why i threw that in. ;) and we ALL do that 'work' no matter our member #. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    blah blah blah blah i'm done way past this .........get back to work everybody ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Nobody needs to be up front for every show, i don't care how long you've been a member of the fanclub. If the band looks out and sees some new faces, it might give them a huge boost and renew their energy and everyone will see a kickass performance.

It's impossible to not enjoy a pearl jam show, no matter where you are in the venue.

I think people are losing sight of what is important here. You're in the venue, you got a ticket, you're seeing Pearl Jam, life is good. Nothing else matters. :)

I couldn't see much of anything for about 60% of Lisbon night 2 in 2006, and i had one of the most profound experiences ever.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    An american tragedy? I hope you are joking chevy...
    Everyone needs to chill lol

People in the US get to see Pearl Jam on a much more regular basis than other fans, remember that when you are about to start bitching. You can still get good tickets even if allocation is random, and you still get to enjoy a show.

Be thankful the ten club even has this priority seating options, because not all fan clubs do...

Personally, i prefer GA shows where members get early entry, rather than seated ones. How good a spot you get will depend on how early you arrived (and not which year you joined the Ten Club)

A 16 kid just discovering Pearl Jam today might be as big a fan as an old ten club member, but his ten club number will never show this...
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • blah blah blah blah i'm done way past this .........get back to work everybody ...

now, now, now jose....i am ALL for EVERYone expressing their pov, but yes, no need to try and *hush* the subject. we have every *right* to discuss/fatasize/wish. there is NOTHING wrong with discussion/dialogue/debate. we all know, it's 10c/pjs call.....but hey, it's a ar better discussion, of much greater interest to me personally, than a lot of other shite on this board that i would never DREAM of telling anyone to stop discussing.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

now, now, now jose....i am ALL for EVERYone expressing their pov, but yes, no need to try and *hush* the subject. we have every *right* to discuss/fatasize/wish. there is NOTHING wrong with discussion/dialogue/debate. we all know, it's 10c/pjs call.....but hey, it's a ar better discussion, of much greater interest to me personally, than a lot of other shite on this board that i would never DREAM of telling anyone to stop discussing.

jose misses the love of the old days

he cant get over how much folks bitch and moan because it was never like that back in the day.

Right hermano
    Nobody needs to be up front for every show, i don't care how long you've been a member of the fanclub. If the band looks out and sees some new faces, it might give them a huge boost and renew their energy and everyone will see a kickass performance.

It's impossible to not enjoy a pearl jam show, no matter where you are in the venue.

I think people are losing sight of what is important here. You're in the venue, you got a ticket, you're seeing Pearl Jam, life is good. Nothing else matters. :)

I couldn't see much of anything for about 60% of Lisbon night 2 in 2006, and i had one of the most profound experiences ever.

last row in the nose bleeds is just as good as 5th row??????

cmon thats a stupid statement

anyone who has been close (wheter ga or senority knows the fanclub and the energy is up there)
    im not saying their is no energy further back ,,but the closer the better PERIOD

dont tell me being in the back with people who are sitting is better than up close
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

i'm done nothing else to discuss or debate no more from me ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    While we are at bitching... what pisses me off is when I hear of old timers begging to have their numbers back after a few months' lapse in membership. "Working up the ladder" is largely a myth if it is common practices to give people back their old numbers.

Chevy, are you one of them?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I have to agree with this post; I don't get the best tickets after 10 years, but I have put in more time than the huge numbers that have signed up over the past few years just to get tickets.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me