Options

Drinking in Public Fine (Camden Show) $533 Unreal!!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    in theory, aren't all "crimes" "Inappropriate Behavior"?
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
  • Options
    hasigawahasigawa Posts: 55
    spoke with a family member who is a lawyer and she basically said by pleading down already you are f'd.........basically though they had no right to change your fine upwards without allowing you to consult your options and question the actions. Your other option was to not plead and adjorn your case to be heard in the future so you could consult legal counsel as is your right given by the court itself.......

she mentioned that you could write a letter both to a judicial organization that oversees judges ethics (i forgot the exact name) and file a complaint against the judge for the actions and her not allowing you to ask questions as well as file a complaint with a lawyer advisory committe (again, forgot the name) as judges are still attorneys and can have their licenses reviewed for such behavior for possible suspension. She mentioned this happening in NJ in a couple of cases and that if enough complaints come in, then the judge will get reviewed and possibly suspended........

wouldn't hurt to write to a newspaper who i'm sure would love the story.......
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    If not just for your own benefit, but for the benefit of people who may encounter this in the future (making things better for others,) it might be worth retracing your steps and getting the names of those two agencies where filing a complaint might offer you some recourse. Just a thought. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    hasigawahasigawa Posts: 55
    I was lucky enough to avoid this trap even though i did walk around with a beer, so lucky is an understatement after reading this.

I will ask again for the organizations.......
  • Options
    blacknapkinsblacknapkins Posts: 2,176
    hasigawa wrote:
    I was lucky enough to avoid this trap even though i did walk around with a beer, so lucky is an understatement after reading this.

I will ask again for the organizations.......

Good karma. :)
    "Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best."
    ~ FZ ~
  • Options
    That totally sucks! I'm so sorry...

This kinda reminds me of those random people at festivals who get busted for smoking pot. Although everyone else is doing it, they sometimes pick on one person to make an example. I'm sorry it had to be you.