The Golf Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    So how can we get on Cypress Point? 
    I didn't even think about charity auctions.  Only $1,200 gets you one of three spots at Oakmont.  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Not possible.  Pine Valley, Cypress and Augusta are the 3 hardest to play?  
    I would agree with everything I've read.  A shame that those courses don't get much play most likely. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    This weekend is gonna be great. Guess Fox will give us some prime time golf too right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I would agree with everything I've read.  A shame that those courses don't get much play most likely. 
    I walked Pine Valley a couple years ago and plan to pretty much every year here on out during the final of the Crump Cup.  It is amazing, and looks impossible. I would shoot a 9 million
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720
    This weekend is gonna be great. Guess Fox will give us some prime time golf too right?
    Oh yeah I forgot about that part of it...that is awesome.  Looks like it is scheduled to go until 10pm eastern Saturday and Sunday.  And absolutely love how Fox has 8-9 hours of coverage all 4 days.  Wish all the majors did that.
    Koepka's act is getting old.  I want to be a fan as he is a great golfer and wins the big events, but if he is going to joke about someone being fired at Fox because he was only in 3 out of 4 promos then he is a joke. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    Koepka's act is getting old.  I want to be a fan as he is a great golfer and wins the big events, but if he is going to joke about someone being fired at Fox because he was only in 3 out of 4 promos then he is a joke. 
    He’s becoming a douche. 
    bbiggs said:
    He’s becoming a douche. 
    Agreed. I've never been a fan. 

Anybody but Koepka this weekend. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,720

LOL.  People say the guy has no personality and then he goes and makes some dumb joke and now people are all upset. That's just life in the social media outrage era!! I hope he blows away everyone again just to piss people off. 

LOL.  People say the guy has no personality and then he goes and makes some dumb joke and now people are all upset. That's just life in the social media outrage era!! I hope he blows away everyone again just to piss people off. 
    My take on Koepka goes way beyond one silly comment. I’m not even on FB, Instagram, etc. I hate social media. This is just a personally formed opinion by his douchey attitude, cockiness and behavior.  A hell of a golfer, no doubt. He lacks in the people skills department though. 
    A us open at pebble. Doesn’t get better than this 
    Good article. I think most top athletes get there by having an immense fear of losing (rather than desire to win), proving haters wrong and being wired as uber competitive people.  Those 3 things trump raw talent in top, top athletes I think. 

I agree with a lot of his comments about slow play and golf course setup, but this whole me and against the world routine is getting old.
    Less than 24 hours to the U.S. Open at Pebble.  Can't wait for some primetime golf.
    Koepka -4 through 6. Here we go again. Snooze fest. 
    Tiger is my favorite golfer but when I watch him play I'm always waiting for the blow-up hole.  It is very nerve wracking.
    Tiger is my favorite golfer but when I watch him play I'm always waiting for the blow-up hole.  It is very nerve wracking.
    100% agreed. Always on the edge of my seat. 
    bbiggs said:

I was spoiled when I was young as I grew up watching Michael Jordan and the Bulls.  I always assumed they would come back and win.  It was that way with Old Tiger too.
    LOVE having the option of watching the two feature groups or the network coverage tonight. 

Fox ox is doing a bang up job here. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    bbiggs said:

I was spoiled when I was young as I grew up watching Michael Jordan and the Bulls.  I always assumed they would come back and win.  It was that way with Old Tiger too.
    Same here bud. MJ growing up was a real treat. I feel fortunate to have witnessed Tiger at his peak as well. It was equally, if not more impressive than MJ at his peak. 
    Tiger...avoiding The Big Miss LIKE A BOSS

Hell of a fucking putt
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Crazy par save for Koepka on 16 too. Wow. 
    US Open, NBA Finals and Cubs game all on. What a night! 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    bbiggs said:
    US Open, NBA Finals and Cubs game all on. What a night! 
    Easy pass on the NBA for me. I just can't do it since the Jordan days. Man those were some damn fine times!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Pick a winner after round 1

glorious leaderboard

I’m taking Xander 

glorious leaderboard

I’m taking Xander 
    Great pick. kid has grit and is a CA kid. Knows how to putt on po anna greens. I’ll go DeChambeau. 

glorious leaderboard

I’m taking Xander 
    Rory
    chinese-happy.jpg