The Golf Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ Agreed. Obvious statement, but I don’t see Koepka folding. He has the nerves for this and has done it before. I bet he closes it out. Nothing against Koepka, but I’d love to be proven wrong. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    This is FUN
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Let’s go

^ nice setup! Woods needs to control the damn driver 
    Good to see Adam Scott in the mix. I’ve always been a fan of his. That swing is textbook. 
  • bbiggs said:
    Good to see Adam Scott in the mix. I’ve always been a fan of his. That swing is textbook. 
    Long putter needs to go.
    bbiggs said:
    Long putter needs to go.
    Agreed. Hate the long putter. The rest of his game is flawless when he’s playing well. 
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Damn..this is getting interesting..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    I don’t think Koepka falls back.  Tiger needs three more birdies to have a chance.
    Still holding out hope. Best case will be a playoff. The putt that left the ball resting on the rim of the cup may have been the difference. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    This is a phenomenal round for el Tigre 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    This is a phenomenal round for el Tigre 
    looks like he's gonna come up just short though. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

Great round from Tiger.  He is going to be a threat going forward.  He was dialed in this week. 

Koepka could have gone 18 under if he hit more of those short putts.

Man, that was the most fun I had watching golf in many many years. I really hope we get to see more of this caliber from Tiger. Koepka stumbled a short bit and I thought things were blowing up for him, but he handled the adversity very well. Quite a punchable face on him though. Lmao
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    ^ great pic! 
    Tiger woods just went Solo fucking 2nd in a major championship 
    ^ And who says Tiger has no class? 
    If I’m not mistaken, Koepka has 3 major victories and 1 regular PGA Tour win. That’s remarkable. 
    Tiger must be thinking that the only possible way he doesn’t win another major (or multiple) is if his body breaks down again. His golf game is still clearly good enough to get it done. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ And who says Tiger has no class? 
    But but he didn’t high five some kids...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    He doesn’t deserve the coverage. 
    He’s washed up. 
    He’s not a force. 
    Yada. Yada. And yada. 

Can we finally put out this nonsense to bed now, gents?

He’s back. He’s a force. And he’s winning #15 at Augusta. Book it. 

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2018
    Man, that was the most fun I had watching golf in many many years. I really hope we get to see more of this caliber from Tiger. Koepka stumbled a short bit and I thought things were blowing up for him, but he handled the adversity very well. Quite a punchable face on him though. Lmao
    But they barely covered Molinari’s great final round! Only kidding. 

Koepka’s a robot.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited August 2018
    He’s washed up. 
    He’s not a force. 
    Yada. Yada. And yada. 

He’s up to 26 in the world, which I don’t understand how but whatever. Buuut he just fired a 66 (edit...lol I said 66....sixty fucking four) on a Sunday in a major on a course that plays the opposite of his game (right to left). No one was catching Koepka. Can we talk about him in a second? But yeah, this is tiger’s most impressive tournament to date

Honestly, if you said tiger had a t32, t6 and solo 2 in ANY tournaments this year, I’d be thrilled.  And that’s 3 of his majors. As trash as this course is, 

koepka...wtf. 4 tournament wins with 3 majors. Obviously outplaying his game, but holy hell. I want to hate on him like the rest of the world but I absolutely love his story about going to Europe to get out of his element. Who’s career do you prefer, Brooks or DJ?
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    ^ DJ. Paulina 

He’s washed up. 
    He’s not a force. 
    Yada. Yada. And yada. 

He’s up to 26 in the world, which I don’t understand how but whatever. Buuut he just fired a 66 (edit...lol I said 66....sixty fucking four) on a Sunday in a major on a course that plays the opposite of his game (right to left). No one was catching Koepka. Can we talk about him in a second? But yeah, this is tiger’s most impressive tournament to date

Honestly, if you said tiger had a t32, t6 and solo 2 in ANY tournaments this year, I’d be thrilled.  And that’s 3 of his majors. As trash as this course is, 

koepka...wtf. 4 tournament wins with 3 majors. Obviously outplaying his game, but holy hell. I want to hate on him like the rest of the world but I absolutely love his story about going to Europe to get out of his element. Who’s career do you prefer, Brooks or DJ?

Why is the course trash?    All I know is that I barely got a chance to watch any of it and I can visualize what #10, #17, #18, #14 all look like.  I can't tell you what any hole on Shinnecock looks like, or Oakmont, or any Links courses for that matter.  This course is so much more fun to watch on tv.  I found it very similar to Augusta with the exception of the greens not playing as difficult.  East coast bias all over the f'n place this week.  If someone hits a bad shot I want it in the trees and pitching out.  I don't want them to get a nice lie on some links course because they hit it 50 yards offline and put it on the green. 
    Yeah I enjoyed the course. It looked nice to me. I guess there wasn’t much they could do to make the greens faster because of the weather. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Shinnecock and Oakmont, while they don't have trees, have 10 times more strategy.  Augusta for that matter too.  This course was manicured well and I do like tress on courses in general, but there is no strategy to this course and every player said that.  Hit it as far as you can in the fairway and get it on the green. At Oakmont where you hit it in the fairway matters just as much as hitting the fairway.