The Golf Thread

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    don’t tell me (tiger) you’re “grinding” unless you’re maybe laying asphalt for 8 hours.

fuck tiger.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    Ollie Schniederjans is T4 and two shots off the lead. And he’s getting no f’n coverage!! What gives?? 

I kid. :lol:
    That guy is insane...plays with no hat and no sunglasses.  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    bbiggs said:
    Ollie Schniederjans is T4 and two shots off the lead. And he’s getting no f’n coverage!! What gives?? 

As a folically challenged guy, if I had that mop I wouldn’t wear a hat either
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:

No shit. It’s awesome. Reminds me of Caddyshack...old school. 
    fuck tiger.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:

As a folically challenged guy, if I had that mop I wouldn’t wear a hat either

Haha I hear ya cliffy...started shaving my head years ago so I rarely leave the house without a hat.  Sunburn on a bald head is pretty much the worst thing in the world.  But still, Ollie has to throw some sunglasses on at least....I don't know how the hell this guy sees anything on those sunny days out there.
    ^ His long, flowing locks provide all the shade he needs to see. Lol 
    Love the players kinda sorta, but not really dancing around how easy and stupid this course is for a major.
    Why did they make the course so easy for these guys? The PGA is my least favorite major, but throw in a winning score of 20 under and I like it even less. 
    edited August 2018
    bbiggs said:
    Why did they make the course so easy for these guys? The PGA is my least favorite major, but throw in a winning score of 20 under and I like it even less. 
    Yep. Variety of games at the top of the leader board which is nice but this feels a lot more like the Wells Fargo than a major.
    Tiger - 6 back going into the weekend. Would like to see him at least 2 shots closer, but I'll settle.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Round 3 - after 2 - Hell-O Tiger!
    Prowling. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Hopefully he can get 3 more birdies on the back nine and be within 3 going into Sunday.
    Koepka is a machine. 

Sorry guys, like usual I see Tiger playing well early and head home from work to grab a food break watch the back nine.  Sure enough Tiger stalls out like every freaking time.    His distance control was great.  His three putt on #17 will be his downfall for the week.

looks like tiger’s closest perkins is in jefferson city. not far.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Is it as close as Tiger's score is to other washed up golfers like Jason Day and Justin Thomas?
    Wobbie said:
    Is it as close as Tiger's score is to other washed up golfers like Jason Day and Justin Thomas?

apples and oranges. mileage to strokes.

fuck tiger.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

Sorry guys, like usual I see Tiger playing well early and head home from work to grab a food break watch the back nine.  Sure enough Tiger stalls out like every freaking time.    His distance control was great.  His three putt on #17 will be his downfall for the week.

Didn’t see much of today at all, but the 3 jack on 17 was horrible. The drive on 18 was fucking glorious 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    A family friend got me a grounds pass for free for tomorrow. I'm heading there early in the morning. It's about 5 hours each way for me. Totally worth it though. These impromptu trips are what make life fun. Can't wait to follow Tiger! 

Sunday red is coming to play! Hopefully the way Tiger has been playing the front 9 nine continues tomorrow. That could be enough to make the leaders (who tee off soon after Tiger) get too focused on the noisy crowds and Tigers leader board score.

Sunday red is coming to play! Hopefully the way Tiger has been playing the front 9 nine continues tomorrow. That could be enough to make the leaders (who tee off soon after Tiger) get too focused on the noisy crowds and Tigers leader board score.

It is nice that he is close to the leaders in tee time.  If he can get a quick start like you say and get within 2 before they tee off then it could put pressure on.  Koekpa probably will not be affected though based on his past success in majors.
    bflynn1 said:
    A family friend got me a grounds pass for free for tomorrow. I'm heading there early in the morning. It's about 5 hours each way for me. Totally worth it though. These impromptu trips are what make life fun. Can't wait to follow Tiger! 

Awesome.  Have a great time!
    I like this course.  Much more fun to look at than Links courses.  You can actually tell the holes apart. The players are soft.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    bflynn1 said:

Awesome.  Have a great time!
    Thanks! Been watching Tiger for 20+ years (I'm 30) and this is my first time getting to watch him in person. The only other tournament I've been to is The Players in 2016 and of course he wasn't there. I'm going to the US Open at Pebble next year so hopefully I'll get to watch him a lot more. I like Koepka but I want Tiger to pull out the win. 
    ^ First time I saw Tiger live I was in awe. It was either the ‘04 or ‘05 Western Open at Cog Hill. I got there early. Hung out by the practice green and had a front row look. I remember thinking the dude is more jacked in person than TV shows. Back then no one on tour was jacked like that...now it’s commonplace. Had a great time following him around. Enjoy...hope you get to witness number 15. 
    edited August 2018
    1996 BC Open yo!  Don't really remember too much of it, but remember seeing him and the crowds.  Mayhem in Endicott, New York.  Everyone was hating on him but in awe. I remember for years after there were stories going around Binghamton about how he talked shit on the place because he got said he got a bad haircut (not true) and got turned down from a bar for being underage (definitely not true).

Yes, have fun.  I would camp out a ways ahead of him to get a good spot.  Crowds look absolutely gigantic.
    Looking forward to today.  Going shopping for tuxes for by boy's weeding then hitting up a sweet BYO booze cigar bar for the tournament. Gonna be a good day.  Would love 15, but the leaderboard is stacked and Koepka hasn't shown any signs of nerves.  Would be insane if he won again.